• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Holy Fishsteaks, It Works!!! GM Cooking QUICK!

• Thread starter Lord Franklin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lord Franklin

OK, so after reading through the posts here, I thought I'd try out a cooking alacrity scroll.

It works.

Let me say that I don't know how many fishsteaks or how much time it *should* take a person to reach GM normally. I just know it is A LOT. I've read this forum but never had the patience to take a character all the way up to GM.

Here is what I discovered:

My cooking skill was 78. I used the scroll with 75,000 raw fish steaks in my house, ready to be BBQed. Within 15 minutes, I had used all the steaks and I was sitting at 95.7 cooking. I cooked most of them in batches of 3k, but toward the end as I realized I was going to run out I split them up into batches of 500. Some of the gains were .2, .3, .5. The first 3k I cooked raised me an entire 1.0 (not 0.1) of skill. I will use another scroll tonight and finish this cooking adventure off. I will report back those results.

By comparison, I just burned through 10,000 fishsteaks without the use of an alacrity scroll, and I got just 0.1 gain. You can see the obvious advantage to the scrolls!

I also would like to remind you clever chefs that you don't need to buy the fishsteaks from the fishermen. You can buy fish instead, and chop those up to get 4 fishsteaks from each one. Much, much cheaper. On our shard, the Britain Trammel fisherman was selling raw fishsteaks for 66 gold each!

Good luck, and have fun. If I can find a couple more, I'm going to do a char from 0 to 100 and see how many steaks & scrolls it takes. A friend of mine was nice enough to give me one, but I am having a tough time finding them.

Franklin

L

Lord Franklin

I went from 95.7 to 99.3 in the next 15 minutes with another scroll. Burned up about 110k more fishsteaks. When I ran out, I switched to dough. I gained .5 from one ball of dough to take me to 99.8 seconds before the scroll ran out. Depending on your luck, I'd say 200k fishsteaks would do it from 75-GM cooking. I got the last .2 on 2 balls of dough after the scroll ran out.

I'm sure this isn't the most cost-effective way to do this, but it sure was fast! I estimate the fish cost me 300-400k.

Good luck, and say hello to Wallaby, the newest GM Chef on Catskills!

Franklin

L

Lord Forest

Very cool. Congrats. I may have to hunt up one scroll myself.

V

Vorador...

I just read this post and must say its nice if it works so quick... and the fishsteaks can be bought for extremely cheap price nowadays as the new fishermen that appeared at New Haven started to sell fishes for 3 gp !!! That means you get 4 fishsteaks for just 3 gold. But well it still costs some money to gm cooking that way. I managed to gm cooking with my crafter char Moradin (Europa) in 5 days without any alacrity scrolls and without burning massive amounts of resources. This way even new or not rich people can become gm cooks. Well first you have to buy skill level 30 - 40 at fishermans. Then cook fishsteaks up to level 70... that is quite easy and takes only a few days and it doesnt burn many of them. After that buy 10 pitchers of water and as many raw fishsteaks you can carry and go to NPC bakers shop in Britain. There start to cook miso soup (any kind) - once water is depleted, there is water trough at bakers where the pitchers can be refilled. You of course need to stand close to oven when cooking miso soup - this oven is also at Britain baker. And once you reach some lvl 95, cook sushi platter (fishsteaks + water, just you dont need oven; or green tea - that one is even better, you need water + green tea leaves and oven to make it, leaves sold at Tokuno tavern). That way you can get gm cook in 5 days... or 2 days if you will play 48 hours that is -]]] The only problem of this way is getting rid of cooked meals. When I cooked soups, I threw them out in street and it littered quite big area. Then gamemaster came and told me to stop or I will make server go down or what... so i had to stop... so just put these meals into backpacks and throw these backpacks. Good cooking - this way it costs some 40k fishsteaks (30k gold), water is free.

R

Rhiannon of Luna

<blockquote><hr>

OK, so after reading through the posts here, I thought I'd try out a cooking alacrity scroll.

It works.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to sound like a newbie, but what is an alacrity scroll? I searched the forum and couldn't find anything.

Rienna Telemnar
(sister to Rhiannon)

D

dorkuberalles

from the candle of love events, the red spawn sometimes give them up. they can increase skill gain for 15 minutes to a specific skill.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"The only problem of this way is getting rid of cooked meals. When I cooked soups, I threw them out in street and it littered quite big area. Then gamemaster came and told me to stop or I will make server go down or what... so i had to stop... so just put these meals into backpacks and throw these backpacks."

I just drop the bowls on the NPC in the shop, she never gets full and thanks you for a free meal...problem solved

G

Then gamemaster came and told me to stop or I will make server go down

Offer them a free meal for the hamster-on-a-wheel that keeps the server running.

G

At the NPC baker's in Brit:

douhg
bread
dough
bread
all the way to GM.

And sell all the bread to the baker!
Water's free, from the water trough by the oven, and the sacks of flour are dead chaep. You can make a small but steady profit!

S

some old guy

I'd like to reiterate how well the alacrity scroll worked cooking 3k fish steaks at a time. I started with 61.0 skill and 130140 raw fish steaks and before the scroll was finished I was at 92.3 (after approx 9 min.) and switched to making dough and bread for the remainder in which I only gained another .5. If you have the resources I'd strongly recommend this barbecuing method.

Btw buy whole fish from the fishermen for every 2k fish I bought (at 5 or 6gp each) I was getting 15996 fish steaks, almost 8 for every fish.

one more thing, I had enough time to make 96 loaves of bread before the alacrity scroll ran out.

M

Ms Oona

*hobbles in with a walker* ... I remember in the old days when I had to walk uphills to my bakery every day and uphills to get home. It took me 28 hours every single day so when I got home I had to sleep -4 hours to be able to get back to work in time the next day...

My oh my, those were the days.

*waves and smiles* ... Heya people, long time no see.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

At the NPC baker's in Brit:

douhg
bread
dough
bread
all the way to GM.

And sell all the bread to the baker!
Water's free, from the water trough by the oven, and the sacks of flour are dead chaep. You can make a small but steady profit!

[/ QUOTE ]Thats the way I did it..... Twice.

(That's right, I've got that kind of time on my hands.)

K

Keno

Well...
First off let me congratulate you on your success!!! Great job and thanks for the information!
Next... These may sound like stupid questions but:
Is there a UOA macro that can be put together to do either the fish steaks or bread dough methods you guys have written about? I've never made a Chef before and know absolutely nothing of how to make one.
It's obvious that you all see a benefit to having GM cooking but could you enlighten me on them please?
Thanks in advance everyone

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I gm'd using the bread and dough method both times. And both times I worked either out of the west brit bakery, or my house. Both locations had a water trough right next to an oven. I used 3 macros when I did it. I would load my pack with 10 pitchers of water, 10-15 bags of flour, and then run my macros. First macro looked like this:

Use item type (flour sifter, pan, rolling pin, etc)
create item (dough)
create item (dough)
etc, etc. (repeat roughly 15 times).

I'd usually play this macro over and over until I ran out of water. Once I had a bunch of dough in my pack, and no water left I'd run my macro to cook the dough.

Use item type (flour sifter, pan, rolling pin, etc)
create item (bread)
create item (bread)
etc, etc. (repeat roughly 15 times).

I'd run this macro a few times until I had turned all my dough into bread. The third macro I mentioned was not really related to making bread or dough at all, just because I was lazy. Macro #3 was to refill my water pitchers.

use item (empty pitcher #1)
target (nearest water source)
use item (empty pitcher #2)
target (nearest water source)
use item (empty pitcher #3)
etc, etc.

I think the pattern is obvious there. Just target each pitcher and then a water source. Using these 3 macros you should be able to gm in about a week or so. Personally I'd run it like this:

dough macro, (repeat until out of water)
refill pitchers macro
make bread macro (repeat until all dough is gone)

at that point I'd drop the baked bread into my hot sell bag and sell them all to the baker. Then I'd start it all again. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or just ask here.

G

I'm glad some people gain skill making bread, I swear at 94.5 I made oh 160 loaves of bread (which is 320 gain chances) and got zip. I usually wear out 5-6 GM tinker crafted tools to get .1, freakin poisoning raises faster even with the use delay......

Rey~

G

Total count of fish steaks only.
50-GM

2,045,952 steaks. cooked 3996 at a time. no scrolls

1,664,000 gold

I bought whole fish stacks. 500, cut up to 3996 stacks. cooked with campfire.
drained brit, vesper, trinsic, and skara ( tram and fel)
Took 5 days 30 minutes or so per day.
Took more fish from 98-gm than 50-98 i think. pretty close.

G

Is by cooking 3996 at a time a better shot at a gain? as opposed to 1 at a time?

I'm not getting the reason for cooking so much at a time, enlighten me

Rey~

G

<blockquote><hr>

Is by cooking 3996 at a time a better shot at a gain? as opposed to 1 at a time?

I'm not getting the reason for cooking so much at a time, enlighten me

Rey~

[/ QUOTE ]

When you buy from the fishers, you can buy fish 500 steaks for 3gps each or 500 fish for 3gps each....which you can cut them into 3996 steaks. Same costs, more fish to cook.

When you cook a stack of fish steaks, the server supposedly does a skill gain check for every steak in the stack. So i was supposedly getting 3996 checks per stack. The equivalent of making 3996 dough balls or bread.

I think the more realistic number is one check for every 800 steaks when you get in the 90s. That is another topic of debate....

B

Bill Brasky

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ] You can buy fish instead, and chop those up to get 4 fishsteaks from each one. <blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If your character is human, you get 8 fish steaks per fish. Its an odd calculation. If you were to cut 50 fish at one time, you'd get 8 per on the first 49 and less on the 50th but its still a whole lot more. I cut up alot of fish to get those maritime fishing glasses.