• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

holy cow, i was shown a way to train pet magic resists uber fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a friend from a different shard that i just recentlly started to play with showed me how he trains his magic pets, the ones that can spellcast, and i thought to myself.... wow.... what an inginious way to train magic resist.

so i did some tweaking to the way he does it and then set to work trianing some pets.

and i thought id time it to see how fast i was doing it.

i did 2 night mares and 2 rune beetles in 40 minutes today.
all 4 where in around 85 for skill when i started.
some finished before the 40 minutes, but i did it as a bulk load so they all got rounded up to 40 minutes.

i was shocked!
for years ive been looking for a reliable way to train my pets magic resist.
so me and a guild mate took out Uber Dragons and started to train them.
now they did take longer, but they had a longer road to travel to get to thier respective caps.
2.5 hours.
but they went from in around 90 all the way up to legendary in my friends case.

ive got about 25 tamers, and all of them have GM resists on their non-spellcasting pets, so ill go do up their pets with magic and if anyone wants to know how we are doing it ill spill the beans then.

unless of course anyone can guess?
hehehehe

V

Vincia Eaglehorn

i guess this is another post "hey i know this and that, do you want to know it but i dont tell you"

otherwise you would tell it already *yawns*

G

Congratulations... your mother must be very proud of your hard work. I am very envious of this new secret method and would like one day to learn it.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

i guess this is another post "hey i know this and that, do you want to know it but i dont tell you"

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i more so wanted to see if anyone even wanted to know.

but with attitude like that ill just take my training ways and be on my way then.

c'ya

N

Nordon

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You were very right it seems...

G

Great googly moogly, it's like I'm back in third grade and my little sister is taunting me with what she got out of the cereal box!

I

imported_Jimmy Pop

Have a mage with 0 eval cast para field. Walk the pets through it.

Back and forth longways. They gain like crazy.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were very right it seems...

[/ QUOTE ]

more like i know most of you cant keep your mouths shut and will go and blab away about it on UHall until it gets nerfed because the gains are so fast.

so its a much smarter play for me to train up all my pets before i let the cat out of the bag.

for what good is finding a fast way to train, then have everyone complaining about it and getting it nerfed before i can even use it.

case in point... the bard timer kill.
once it hit the airwaves it was nerfed like the next week.

G

Well, re-reading your first post, it seems like you were doing exactly what the other posters were talking about. If you would have been serious about 'letting the cat out of the bag', you would have not hyped it up and then left us hanging. Could have said at the end of your post to pm you or something.
Otherwise, sounded like you were saying 'I know something you don't. So there'
Just my opinion. Forgive me if I am wrong and you were really going to tell us. But reading your second post, doesn't seem like you will.

The mage with 0 eval thing works good tho.

G

Well its not like anyone did anything to stop shadow ele training, golem training or even the satyr use. EA seem to love catering to those who CBA training "in the field" or dare I say it, "properly".

But hey, I'll take the stack of gold I have over any turbo trained pet any day, at least I don't ever have to worry about a GM turning up

Incidentally, it's not the UHallers you should fear, it's anyone who spots you training the pets, who then pages a GM.

Wenchy

G

<blockquote><hr>

Incidentally, it's not the UHallers you should fear, it's anyone who spots you training the pets, who then pages a GM.

Wenchy

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but what is so wrong about training pets?

G

Nothing is wrong with training, but if my memory is right, when players used fields in a house to train resist it was deemed illegal. This could be deemed illegal too.

It's entirely up to you, but I feel it's better to play safe than find my account marked or worse by a GM.

Wenchy

G

Oh,
Ive only ever trained pets either on them selfs (attended) or Shadow ele (also attended)
Never tried feilds or whatever u said it was.

I

imported_Sarphus

the fact that he mentioned people blabbing about the "bard timer thing" implies his training method is also an exploit. Strategies that involve removing skill timers are exploits. I can't think of any even remotely reasonable explanation that would lead someone to believe that it wasn't...

BTW... devs read tamer's forum too... silly man... LOL

G

<blockquote><hr>

the fact that he mentioned people blabbing about the "bard timer thing" implies his training method is also an exploit.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bingo!
Otherwise he would've posted right away how to do it so that he could get credit for his cleaver idea.
Whatever it is, I am sure it's illegal and no ones lost anything not knowing.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

the fact that he mentioned people blabbing about the "bard timer thing" implies his training method is also an exploit.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bingo!
Otherwise he would've posted right away how to do it so that he could get credit for his cleaver idea.
Whatever it is, I am sure it's illegal and no ones lost anything not knowing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it is an exploit, then perhaps he is trying to exploit the exploit

G

If a training method needs to remain a secret, it's probably not one I'd choose to utilise anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.