• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Peacemaking] Holy bugger peacemaking

K

khayashi

There has to be a better way than this.

I started at 0 Peace; bought my way up to 30.

Been area peacing for about an hour and a half and am only at 32.6

Musicianship is GM'd.

Is there some silver bullet that I'm missing here?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I've already been browsing the forums looking for answers.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
no just make a macro that uses peace and targets self and run around while holding the key down talk with people do what ever just keep the key down if i am running places i wedge a penny in the key board

O

Old Man of UO

I found faster skill gains by targeting individual creatures rather than area peace, walk through the oaks spawn and peace everything. I got to 115 peace in a couple days that way.

Using the 2D client, it is something like:
Target Next
Use Skill Peacemaking
Wait for Cursor
Target Last

Then just walk through a spawn and hold the macro key down. It will automatically target the next creature. Just keep walking around out of range of the first ones and they will un-peace, so you never run out of targets. This works for discord mid-level gains too, but not so well for provoke.

K

khayashi

Been area peacemaking for approx 2 hours.

Went from 44 peacemaking to 57.5 peacemaking.

Now the gains are really dropping off.

I tried heading to the Forest Lord spawn and doing the next target peace method but I didn't get any gains doing it.

Is there a better tool to use to determine what monster I should be using peace on (other than bard calculator, which has mixed reviews)?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Been area peacemaking for approx 2 hours.

Went from 44 peacemaking to 57.5 peacemaking.

Now the gains are really dropping off.

I tried heading to the Forest Lord spawn and doing the next target peace method but I didn't get any gains doing it.

Is there a better tool to use to determine what monster I should be using peace on (other than bard calculator, which has mixed reviews)?
if you area peace stay moving the gains will be much better than if you just stand at the bank and spam peace it will take much longer! there are some who say it does not matter and I believe they are wrong I have done this many times and ALWAYS get better gains if I stay moving or in areas with multiple creatures I don't know if this is left over code from when you could 8x8 or what but it does work especially if you move across server boundaries

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
and if you want to target peace herwe is a list to get you started
# Black Solen Worker
# Bogling
# Bone Knight
# Deathwatch Beetle
# Dire Wolf
# Doppleganger
# Earth Elemental
# Earth Elemental (Summoned)
# Flesh Golem
# Frenzied Ostard
# Frost Troll
# Gaman
# Gazer Larva
# Giant Ice Serpent
# Giant Spider
# Gibberling
# Harpy
# Hell Hound
# Hell Hound (Leader)
# Hellcat (Small)
# Imp
# Kappa
# Lava Lizard
# Lizardman
# Meer Warrior
# Mummy
# Orc Chopper
# Orc Scout
# Patchwork Skeleton
# Plague Spawn
# Ravager
# Red Solen Worker
# Scorpion
# Shade
# Skeletal Knight
# Spectre
# Swamp Dragon
# Treefellow
# Troll
# Wailing Banshee
# War Horse
# Wisp (Dark)
# Wraith

these have a barding difficulty of 60-70

O

Old Man of UO

Nice list, Storm... did you use the advanced search to get that?

O

Old Man of UO

lol yes sir I did :) that comes in very handy!
Very nice... now if we can get a default search so people can put their current skill in and automatically generate a list like that within +/-10 skill points. That would be much easier to direct people!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Very nice... now if we can get a default search so people can put their current skill in and automatically generate a list like that within +/-10 skill points. That would be much easier to direct people!
I believe you can use a range like 57-67 if i remember right

U

uoBuoY

I believe you can use a range like 57-67 if i remember right
You can use whatever range you want: +-10, +-16, +-25. etc.

"Secrets":
Lock Music at GM.
Use normal, not exceptional or slayer, instruments.
Get yourself Discoed in the Twisted Wield and train there.

Suggestion:
Go out and hunt with the skill to avoid the mind-numbing boredom (and collect gp, hides, etc.).