• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Holiday Turn in items

• Thread starter Bouche835
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Bouche835

My friend gave me his tower lastweek. There is a bunch and I mean a bunch of holiday items from before I started playing UO. How do you tell if something is rare or not? I want to turn a lot of it in but i don't know is any is rare. I know he did collect some rares.

V

Vahne

take some pics and post them and we can tell you or PM me if you want me take a look at the stuff.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spam, coal, fruitcake, "Maybe next year you will get a nicer gift", "Seasons Greetings", Pure white stuffy, Pure white bell, Whiteish named statue, wrist watch, a champagne glass, a full bottle of eggnog, exodus' lair, Twin Oaks Tavern. That's about it.

C

CapLoD

Spam, coal, fruitcake, "Maybe next year you will get a nicer gift", "Seasons Greetings", Pure white stuffy, Pure white bell, Whiteish named statue, wrist watch, a champagne glass, a full bottle of eggnog, exodus' lair, Twin Oaks Tavern. That's about it.
keep the spam, coal, fruitcake, maybe next year you will get a nicer gift. Those are extremely valuable.

pure white bell also.

Don't know about others.

V

Vahne

Blackthorn's Castle and Chaos snowglobes also sell well on some shards, so don't turn those in either.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
keep the spam, coal, fruitcake, maybe next year you will get a nicer gift. Those are extremely valuable.

pure white bell also.

Don't know about others.
Correct. However, those are not accepted for turn-in anyway, except perhaps the bell. I was simply listing things that should be kept, as the OP's question was "what is rare" in the holiday world.

As to the other globes, I did consider putting those in my list, but I've seen them sell pretty cheaply, so figured they may not be valued to some, it just depends what 'a lot of money' is to a person. Obviously, the average collector is not too worried about 50-200k or something. :) I'm not saying some of the items in my list are not cheap also (like the watch), it's just generally an idea of what to watch out for.

Best of luck all.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Moving along and expanding on the statuary, we have an authority on the subject, Riply. So, I will shamelessly 'rip' his post from the other thread, here you go:

Ok here'sthe list on Xmas statues
the Uncommons are as follows:
Anon
Clanin
Crawworth
Joye
Juo"nar
Keeonean
Malabelle
Relvinian
Uzeraan
(the values on these are around 100k each if colored about 1 to 2 million if white)

Rare Names
Duryn
Finth Desryn
Gilforn
Halston Montil
Hartham
Junin Pince
Martoo Saul
Sage Humbolt
Zendella Kxriss
(colored ones worth 3 to 5 million each and if white 15 to 20 million each)

The Angels and Orions are worth between 5 to 10 million depending on the buyer, and if in white alot more).

Common named white statues sell for around 500k to 1 million each depending on the buyer.