• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Holiday fireflies...

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there some particular knack to getting the wretched things to go up? And to go up the right way? I keep fiddling with them, want them around the top edge of a keep roof, and I can't get them to work!

Any advice gratefully received :)

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there some particular knack to getting the wretched things to go up? And to go up the right way? I keep fiddling with them, want them around the top edge of a keep roof, and I can't get them to work!

Any advice gratefully received :)
not sure if this works still use I wish to lock this down once you lock them down should be able to make them go up. might have to stand on a ladder on the roof the higher you are the higher they move up. has to be lock down not secure or it won't work. this also works on trophy wall deeds

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll give it a try, and turning them too, thank you.

I'm having issues getting the things to go on south walls, some east & almost all west. I keep getting the 'this must be placed next to a wall' message.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, ladder was immensely helpful!

Something else - it keeps wittering on about placing next to a wall. So I had a think, decided that since they want a wall, they can have a wall. Half a dozen crafted walls later, the north edge is twinkly! Haven't done the others yet, will let you know how it goes.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
been a while since I've done it but if remembering right a small table or a stack of ingots will make things think there's a wall

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just used the crafted ones, I had stone about anyways, since I was making other stuff.

They really are a blasted nuisance, even if they are pretty & my trees twinkle now!