• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hoffs

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it was a bug or exploit, then they would not be able to talk about it on the Factions forums. Do you really think I would make an accusation knowing that I am a mod and people like you would love an excuse to discredit me?

Do some research on the factions forum and you and Turtle will both have your answer. As I said, I was told you are the Gren Greenwood that I saw purposely running into the faction traps at Britain over and over.

As I said, if it wasn't you, then I apologize.

I'll go no further with this discussion as I can tell you are looking for some excuse to report me.
If this is the thread you are speaking of in the faction forum, you may want to note that both replies indicate that traps do not give kill points. That falls into line with my own experience. They do indicate that there is rumor going around that its possible, but that has not been my experience to date.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=119910

Furthermore, I am not looking an "excuse to report you", but the rules apply to you as well as the rest of us. You and I both know that accusations of cheating/exploiting do not fly around here and your accusation does fall into line with such an accusation, since faction traps do not give kill points. You have given two false accusations about me in this thread. One that sounds like you're saying I am cheating/exploiting and the second about a character that doesn't even belong to me. My point is that you should be careful about that.

T

Turtle

I've played since beta, tho you were probably on Siege before me. However, I never said I had been here longer than you, I said I have been here longer than you assume and know more about factions than you think I do.

Although I also played since Beta and since the day Siege opened I switched off Chessy hat has nothing to do with he knowledge of factions as factions have changed over the years.
My point was that if you don't pvp in factions, (which you don't no matter how much you claim you do your non-existent) its kinda hard to know how things work. That was my point but obviously I could be completely wrong, you may know a ton about pvp and just choose not to participate in it.

C

Calibretto

If this is the thread you are speaking of in the faction forum, you may want to note that both replies indicate that traps do not give kill points. That falls into line with my own experience. They do indicate that there is rumor going around that its possible, but that has not been my experience to date.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=119910

Furthermore, I am not looking an "excuse to report you", but the rules apply to you as well as the rest of us. You and I both know that accusations of cheating/exploiting do not fly around here and your accusation does fall into line with such an accusation, since faction traps do not give kill points. You have given two false accusations about me in this thread. One that sounds like you're saying I am cheating/exploiting and the second about a character that doesn't even belong to me. My point is that you should be careful about that.

There is a bug with faction traps and points. It's on a web site everyone here I'm sure is familure with. Just look at some of the prodo shard listings.
But both Kats (the thief) and Goldie pawns points came from stealing sigs not killing people. Which is where most of the points on my thief came from.

The point Vortex is trying to make is we saw someone using this exploit in Brit. Vortex jumped in Vent and asked about it. It was this greenwald fellow.
Vortex asked who this character was and i said I'm not sure it could be Kat (The thief not you I;ve been told.) because kat would come around see us there then this Greenwald guy would come scouting. If no one was there kat would show again. Again this is Kat the thief not you. It was just said in passing more thinking out loud. It could be quite poissible that kat just wasen't around at the same time as this greenwald guy. Just weird one would show then leave then the other would be there.

I've seen this going on too. With traps placed waaaaay over in Brit. Some guy who I shall not name was killing himself over and over again on Traps.
Then again another incident. On the shard listings a guy appeared overnight with over 180 points. And i know he wasen't stealing the sigs, cause you and i and Kat the thief were fighting over them that night.

So in closing kat I don't think your a cheater for punkte, it was just mostly a miscommunication. But I have seen this "Bug" being tested so it is around.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread is funny Kat your guild plays teh same way always have you did you even comment. This thread is funny:D

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Cali, I wasn't going to waste time explaining it, but you did a great job.

Just to be clear, it is not labelled as an exploit or a cheat and UO is aware of it, thats why its not a cheat accusation. Just like saying someone is ghost farming is not a cheat.

The same as saying someone is using a character in another faction to get points or to take them away from that faction. It's not a cheat, its just unethical.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hell all of myth for this matter.

EXCUSE ME !!!!

Please quit clumping folks together !! I AM MYTH too.

AND for the RECORD...................... I was a KSS thus still feel aligned and friends with everyone that ever wore a KSS robe, and CWS and former allies and....................aligned to tnt too now with MYTH AND get along with many whom are OTHERs............be they even some KOC never had any issues with them either .................

I HATE WHEN ANY ONE CLUMPS EVERYONE into the same darn.......LABELS.

EVERY fricken one of us is ...................also just another person in the game on this shard. Some play evil some play good ...some of us just end up a corpsey to about any of yall............ YA DONT SEE US *bitchin* unless ya clump us all into one ........label I hate when yall do that..........no matter what guild tag ya bearing...............if I can SEE individuals in the tags why the hell is it so hard for yall to do likewise ???

*goes off to kick a stone dis in this shards peeps dont build community* ALL OF YALL..........joking around is ok but try not to paint everyone with the same brush strokes plz. :scholar::yell:

Troop

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not in factions. This thread started because a non faction player attacked something near a faction base or something. I guess I just don't get it. Carry on. :D

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not in factions. This thread started because a non faction player attacked something near a faction base or something. I guess I just don't get it. Carry on. :D
Those who are in Factions expect Non-Faction players to not interfer with
Faction activities. Kat suggested that Hoff, a non-Faction player who dispelled
Vengeful Spirits attacking Faction guards, should be in Factions to have the
right to act in Factions.

I am sure Hoff disagrees.

But, there are other grievances among Faction activities; such as, spies.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

C

Calibretto

Those who are in Factions expect Non-Faction players to not interfer with
Faction activities. Kat suggested that Hoff, a non-Faction player who dispelled
Vengeful Spirits attacking Faction guards, should be in Factions to have the
right to act in Factions.

I am sure Hoff disagrees.

But, there are other grievances among Faction activities; such as, spies.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiies!!!!!!!!!!!!

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
***looks in her roleplaying dictionary translations books**

What the heck is punkte anyways I do not find it's defining phrases, in my book of roleplaying- uberspeakages, translator books here !! Tis it similar to pwnages ? :eek::hug:

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is my understanding that "Punkte" is the german word/phrase for "Show score", which tells you how many kill points you have. I'm guessing there may be similar words or phrases in other languages that one can use in game, as well.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AHA !! got it then ! So ifn I shout that word as any of my chrs. here ...mystical words in the UO ether... would utter ZERO at my chrs. :) GOT IT :scholar:

:eek:

Troop

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you all can help me get a better understanding of how things work on Siege. I am still kind of new here.

If I understand this correctly, it is not o.k. for a non-faction member to help a faction member do whatever they are doing in faction stuff. However, it is o.k. for a faction member to do whatever they want to do whenever and to whomever they want to do it to with all the good faction items.

I am getting confused and could use some clarification here. I have not been playing UO as long as most of you have been. I just would like to make sure that I am playing the game correctly.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you all can help me get a better understanding of how things work on Siege. I am still kind of new here.

If I understand this correctly, it is not o.k. for a non-faction member to help a faction member do whatever they are doing in faction stuff. However, it is o.k. for a faction member to do whatever they want to do whenever and to whomever they want to do it to with all the good faction items.

I am getting confused and could use some clarification here. I have not been playing UO as long as most of you have been. I just would like to make sure that I am playing the game correctly.

Troop - I can only speak for myself and my opinion. As far as blues helping out faction mates, it gives somewhat of an unfair advantage especially in faction towns where there is fighting/defense of sigils. Non-faction blues come into help and can freely attack faction reds, but faction reds really have no recourse to defend themselves in a guardzone, against these players. Basically, non-faction blues can do whatever they want inside a GZ to help another faction, in almost complete safety, including helping in ways that do not flag them.

Outsize the guardzone, its a little different, if one is willing to take a count.

As far as faction items go, I understand your point. IMO, they do offer an unfair advantage in faction vs. non-faction fights. I argued heavily against the introduction of these items for that very reason, but unfortunately it fell on deaf ears. =/

At this point, I guess there isn't a "correct" way to play. lol It is what it is. Maybe the answer would be to require Siege players to pick a faction and all of these problems would cease to exist?! In that scenario, non-faction blues would not exist and everyone would have access to the same equipment. *shrugs*

Troop

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kat, thanks for your reply. I am still learning a lot about UO. I have found that there are some intricate details to learn along the way. The whole faction thing gets confusing to me right now.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
**mutters** IF Siege forced us all to be factions to play here...meh !!

I been in factions back in the day but then I was a pvper not a pure crafter. Granted the crafters can be in factions...but as a blue crafter I myself prefer not to get in the middle of anyone fighting fights be they faction or not simply cuz to me and probably to most non faction crafters ....everyone is a customer or potential customer ie more *neutral* sort of like ...well just crafters unattached to factions or fights.

Course .....it is irritating to be unable to res folks here *of any factions* far away from faction towns if they are dead simply due to game mechanics not permitting us TO RES..also was messy during fight nights never letting us res all our guests cuz ..they may have had various faction tags and others of us not having faction tags atop us so game won't let us res even our own let alone others. *is a pain in butt* that part but I do fathom..if we were permitted to res ......be those abusing the system then and yeh interferring with the fightings res/ing only their own in towns where they should maybe butt out.

That is not to say though............sometimes it is hard to see some one ya label friend and NOT ........interfere if they are being attacked faction tag or not...

guess that is oft why I do NOT interfere ................everyone would YELL AT ME lol :)

*still remembers castor yelling go back to town QZ as a motely gang was gankin some of my guildies *former ones* and I was new here...tried to cast heals .......and Castor being big brother type didnt want me dead or something...........I DIDNT LISTEN lol which made for the most comic comment I ever got off Wyrm shouting for your bravery shown just now trying to fight for your commerades, insolent blue I will not loot you ......this one time.........as he killed me ! :)

meh ! :)

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kat, thanks for your reply. I am still learning a lot about UO. I have found that there are some intricate details to learn along the way. The whole faction thing gets confusing to me right now.
There are more intricate details here than just factions or non factions. hehe Once ye learn which personalities maybe quite strong......even feisty and there are many here.......ya know ya not really gonna win some arguement with em.................LOL Ya can be damned if ya do or don't cuz he said she said they said no we said... SO DON'T EVEN GO THERE RUN FOR THE HILLS, :hahaha:but those same personalities sort of make it kinda weirdly unique here like a wonderous array of a dysfunctional family. :) lol

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Troop - I can only speak for myself and my opinion. As far as blues helping out faction mates, it gives somewhat of an unfair advantage especially in faction towns where there is fighting/defense of sigils. Non-faction blues come into help and can freely attack faction reds, but faction reds really have no recourse to defend themselves in a guardzone, against these players. Basically, non-faction blues can do whatever they want inside a GZ to help another faction, in almost complete safety, including helping in ways that do not flag them.

Outsize the guardzone, its a little different, if one is willing to take a count.

As far as faction items go, I understand your point. IMO, they do offer an unfair advantage in faction vs. non-faction fights. I argued heavily against the introduction of these items for that very reason, but unfortunately it fell on deaf ears. =/

At this point, I guess there isn't a "correct" way to play. lol It is what it is. Maybe the answer would be to require Siege players to pick a faction and all of these problems would cease to exist?! In that scenario, non-faction blues would not exist and everyone would have access to the same equipment. *shrugs*
About a year ago, I thought the developers were going to make players join...
It did not happen. *shrugs*

Be glad that did not happen Kat! Unintended consequences are a...

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Or, they could remove factions, remove guard zones, remove arties and people who claim to be evil might actually go red.