• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hmmm...

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, tonight I found yet another obvious AFK scripter tamer at the Jhelom farm on Europa. So, I did the usual thing and called a GM. By the end of my taming session, the bot was still there. I swapped to my second tamer and outside the pen she dismounted her frenzy and hopped on her ethy. She uses her frenzy to kill bulls, so I called it and walked through the gate.

Wierd, the frenzy wouldn't follow me through. Both gates open, nothing blocking the gate and it was in Tram. All come didn't work either. When I told her to kill a cow inside she tried to around the pen, but wouldn't come in the gate. Eventually I mounted up and rode her in. She couldn't get the pet to follow her out either. As I stood with the gates open, animals were able to come out of the pen if I and my pet hadn't attacked them, but once attacked, tamed or herded, nothing was crossing the gate.

Europa has had a particularly spiteful stealth herder who wasn't just herding bulls out from scripters, he/she was hauling them out when I was clearly mid tame and being as disruptive as possible. I suspect he/she was paged on.

But it looks as if some bright GM, rather than banning the bots and leaving the place alone, has instead placed an invisible forcefield over the gate. It's that, or the particular bot in question has some mean scripting skills. I haven't checked the Fel side, but then, the GM may only have changed the Tram pen :(

I'm wondering, has anyone else had this happen on their shard? Would you mind checking? I'll see tomorrow if the gate is still blocking. But I'm really not happy that this has once again played into the hands of scripters. The only way of stopping a bot from gaining in that pen (aside from the GM), is to stand and kill the spawn or tame it all and sit there. Or gate the tamer/bulls out. I preferred to just leave the bulls in the next building and allow innocent tamers to get a gain, while the bot clearly goes round in circles attracting attention and pages.

I'm just curious if only Europa is affected by this.

Wenchy

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've only checked Lake Austin so far and all seems normal. Open the gates and attack something and it follows you right out. Pets will follow you in or out of the gate as well.

Will try to check a couple of other shards.

Did you try getting someone to use tracking skill and see if someone is standing just inside or outside of the gates? You won't be able to detect/reveal them in Tram unless it happens to be a guildmate, but maybe someone could check for you to see if anyone shows up on tracking that you can't actually see otherwise.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wenchkin, I just took my newbiest of tamers to the pen on Europa and everything seems fine. She could tame stuff and lead it out of the pen, and she could also attack stuff and get it to follow her out of the pen.

I wonder if perhaps you showed up when a GM was observing what was going on and he didn't want any outside influences on what was going on. Dunno what to think.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, I wasn't sure about this one either. I really appreciate you checking it out :)

Mmm, scripter is semi attended, back this morning, with 2 friends who may or may not have had short term suspensions, but are also back scripting. Soon there'll be more bots than bulls lol.

After the bot realised I gated it to Luna it started trash talking...I suggest "learn to script better" and instead of "I wasn't" I get "why?" *sighs* No gate blocking when she was taming this morning, so it must have been the GM. Not so much locking the door when the horse has bolted, as locking the bot in with its targets and patting it gently on the back.

At least she's stopped taming for a few minutes while she wonders if I've left the pen or not. Says a lot when cheats are more worried about a stealth herder than they are the GMs :D

I can feel some feedback forms coming on...

Wenchy

D

Divster

I was also at the pens today and wonder if the ghost I saw there was the same person in question, after trying to res twice only for it to wander off and occaisionally speak I brought in my necro char and much to my amusement proceeded to watch this ghost wander after llamas for a good hour saying all follow me!

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, that was a different tamer, but yeah, the llamas are pretty shaken up about the whole incident!

I sent in a GM page when I spotted the ghost in the hopes that a ghost attempting to tame would be a nice clear cut AFK scripter incident. I mean it's not like he's going to have a good excuse for haunting llamas, is it? *evil grin*

Fingers crossed anyways. It sure looks free of bots now, which is good :)

Wenchy