• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hmm, remove Necro from Samp Build??

balissis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
With the new paladin chest coming in ToFL I’m hoping to remove Necro from my Samp build.

Anyone got the details on the new property Reactive Holy Light?

Would be nice to reallocate build points off of Necro and claw back 15 on chiv.

Attachments

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you remove necro, its no longer a "samp". You can always replace necromancy with healing.

egglett

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Check out
The Dragoon (Bushido Paladin V.2.3)
On the Warrior forum By Duncan Drake

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There has always been a gimp template. This just happens to be the last good pvm template before they decided to give up on nerfing. Remember peacemaking necromages? If you think about it, it wasn't that different.

egglett

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There was a nerf to Samps early on they only needed to have 99 necro to cast then could swap gear out and stay in vamp

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya the 10% chance of holy light is not the big seller. I can use the + Chivalry to either get to 120 or have more support skills.

Going to be a great item!

I use healing and have no necro on my fighters.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The item is over-powerful. They should have taken more input before releasing these...

None the less... it becomes a best-in-slot item for many warrior builds... definitely Paladins. For Sampires... I don't know if they're going to use this. Losing 30 points of Necro means they will have to make up for it somewhere else. The +15 Chivalry will not outweigh that for a sampire who's entire build is based around leaching back life.

For anyone saying they're just going to remove Necromancy and go to Healing... try it on test center first. In my experience, it plays like an entirely different build if you're going to forego vamp form and become reliant on bandages and close wounds.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The item is over-powerful. They should have taken more input before releasing these...

None the less... it becomes a best-in-slot item for many warrior builds... definitely Paladins. For Sampires... I don't know if they're going to use this. Losing 30 points of Necro means they will have to make up for it somewhere else. The +15 Chivalry will not outweigh that for a sampire who's entire build is based around leaching back life.

For anyone saying they're just going to remove Necromancy and go to Healing... try it on test center first. In my experience, it plays like an entirely different build if you're going to forego vamp form and become reliant on bandages and close wounds.
I find it hard to believe that your swords sampire is not already at max stats.

Can you show your stats as you are now and again with these gloves and show us how much more damage you will be doing?

It's not like the items have luck or eaters.

Only players with crap equipment will see much of an improvement.

The big difference with bandages is you sword sampires can't get by with 80 stamina.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

He commented on your concerns today.

Items are right where they want them to be. :devil:

Kyronix Posts: 1,071Dev
2:08PM Flag

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far.

Couple points coming in a -

• We are looking at the schedule to see how we can give a full 8 week deployment for the event. So you'll have plenty of time to get some goodies.
  • Updated the hue of the hiryu to be more in line with the hue design for the event
  • Story rewards are coming WW (not going to spoil those on TC1)
  • There's a lot of back and forth on some items being to OP, while others are saying they are right on, while others are asking for additional properties. That's usually a good sign we are right where want to be.
  • All items will show as Shard Bound in the redemption gump

gwen

Slightly Crazed
That gloves are nice to have and try to build something else from your warriors.
You can replace necro with spellweaving or taming/lore
Holy Light itself is weak spell , not sure if it is needed anywhere . Stats are good for my rarely used toons who cannot afford feudal grips.
Pretty overpowered , but not a best in slot thing. Which is also nice.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With the new paladin chest coming in ToFL I’m hoping to remove Necro from my Samp build.

Anyone got the details on the new property Reactive Holy Light?

Would be nice to reallocate build points off of Necro and claw back 15 on chiv.
what chest piece?

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
With the gear that's available these days, Necro really isn't needed anymore. It was a great buffer back in the day but quite frankly Life Leech on your weapon is more than enough now. I've not used necro in years and can clear champs/bosses with little to no issues. The extra 100 points goes a long way elsewhere.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what chest piece?
Why remove necro if you use it? Drop chiv 15 points raise necro to 115 then add 15 on a jewel. If you're setup like mine, the quiver gives me 5 Anatomy so you can drop that to 100 instead of 105 and now all you will need is 10 necro on a ring.

* sorry quoted wrong post of yours

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
for sampires feudal grips is still best in slot, you cant beat the added DI bonus it allows you to remove DI from your weps for something else.
Not needed. Two jewels 35%, cameo 20%, quiver 5% damage, warriors gift 5%. In return you receive 20 mana, 8 lmc, 5 HP, 10 stamina, 5 strength, and good resists. Think I'll go with the 40 extra stats opposed to 16 on grips.

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My Samp is going to keep the Feudal Grips. I already have a ton of +skills on my jewelry and don't really feel like trying to reconfigure to make up for the -15 Necro and loss of DI.

My paladin, however, is absolutely going to rock these gloves. I like the idea of encouraging non-sampire warrior templates.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Samp is going to keep the Feudal Grips. I already have a ton of +skills on my jewelry and don't really feel like trying to reconfigure to make up for the -15 Necro and loss of DI.

My paladin, however, is absolutely going to rock these gloves. I like the idea of encouraging non-sampire warrior templates.
Never... enough... stats lol All seriousness though, I would drop Chiv before Necro. Not so much for the life leech but the regens. Life leech from curse weapon is way more than enough. I cast protection so it can't be interrupted. Once I get the gloves and mempo my stats are 150/218/120ish with 40 ssi. Anything that doesn't have tainted leech is going to get smashed by this. I will say this, that new hammer pick is probably going to become my new AI weapon. Just worried that it will drop my chance to parry too much being one handed.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
I don’t and many others dont use chiv on sampire. I keep it on a soulstone for bosses that have no slayer. Typically I’ll just swap resist for chiv.

So the gloves are not useful since I’ll need to make up 30 skill points and don’t need or want 15 chiv points.

and I agree that top end gear is already pretty maxed out.

all I would gain is more mana and I already have 95 mana while using swords mastery as elf.

the Neck armor on the other hand is balron bone armor level. Those pieces are possibly the best 2 in game for pvm.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So,s with the holy light going off, does that mean a new macro for nearest hostile? does it change targets?
It hits whatever you are hitting like a hit spell with a little area damage.

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I heard that if you cast VE having 100 necro and then equip Gloves it does not remove VE unlike other items with skill bonuses. If that is not a bug and it works as intended Sampires can use that item. Devs did not comment on that matter on official UO forum.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I heard that if you cast VE having 100 necro and then equip Gloves it does not remove VE unlike other items with skill bonuses. If that is not a bug and it works as intended Sampires can use that item. Devs did not comment on that matter on official UO forum.
I run the gloves on my Sampire and still stay in VE. It's great until people start crying and get the devs to nerf it lol.

egglett

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah that's why I haven't got a few more pairs yet

Frizzman

Visitor
I run the gloves on my Sampire and still stay in VE. It's great until people start crying and get the devs to nerf it lol.
they do nothing about afk samp trains running the event and you think they gonna nerf something....lololololol

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
they do nothing about afk samp trains running the event and you think they gonna nerf something....lololololol
They nerf plenty of things. It's the only thing that they actually do.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just hope the devs focus on their legacy thing and leave the prodo shards untouched. The vast majority of "fixes" over the last years actually let to a decline in the quality of my daily (UO) life.

I don't pvp but some pvpers started whining about the instant gear switching feature in the EC. They added a time penalty and I now have to wait forever switching gear in pvm, making me a sitting duck in combat.

A few players lost a pet so they added a delay for mounted characters to log out. Now it takes forever to relog on my 7 characters, all of which I play in one gaming session.

They added a house placing delay as some players started whining about bots. Now I cannot test where I can place a home in a better spot on my shard, which was one of my few "endgames" left keeping me on prodo shards.

I dont complain about bots, scammers or illegal program users whatsoever.

I just wish they stop "fixing" things for the few most vocal players on the forums while making life more difficult to many others incl. me. In the end, every distortion triggers another distortion. So I say that as long as the coding oversight is not really game breaking, don't "fix" it.

In countless cases, where the coding oversight worked to our disadvantage, they did nothing or created new, sometimes even worse distortions, as I said above. Conversely, if the coding oversight regarding these gloves turns out to be to our (sampire's) advantage, so be it. It still does not compensate for the many more cases of bugged, broken and inconsistent items we have received in the game.

Last edited:

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
It’s it possible to enhance the gloves ? The Mempo could not be enhanced to raise resists. But balron bone armor and paladin vambraces can be enhanced

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
And to the point that there are diminishing returns once you get into the top tier of gear:

I can use these gloves instead of a crafted piece and the net gain from that replacement is:

2 stam
13 mana
15 chiv (which I don’t need or want)
The aoe special(also don’t care for)

For 80mill I’m not convinced I’ll do it for any reason other than trying to max out one suit.

I do think the past few items from events are best in slot, but not a game changer since you can reach a very high level without any of those pieces.

Similar story with a balron bone armor. For 500mill I don’t need the extra 15 stats.

the neck armor however does allow a sampire
/dexxer to get to 210 stam and still max out every other aspect while keeping the mace/shield helm HLD. I think the 8hp and 12 stam along with hci and dci has changed the best way to build suits. No other piece would be as important. But again this is a luxury and doesn’t out perform by that much compared to a suit with no shard bound items.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And to the point that there are diminishing returns once you get into the top tier of gear:

I can use these gloves instead of a crafted piece and the net gain from that replacement is:

2 stam
13 mana
15 chiv (which I don’t need or want)
The aoe special(also don’t care for)

For 80mill I’m not convinced I’ll do it for any reason other than trying to max out one suit.

I do think the past few items from events are best in slot, but not a game changer since you can reach a very high level without any of those pieces.

Similar story with a balron bone armor. For 500mill I don’t need the extra 15 stats.

the neck armor however does allow a sampire
/dexxer to get to 210 stam and still max out every other aspect while keeping the mace/shield helm HLD. I think the 8hp and 12 stam along with hci and dci has changed the best way to build suits. No other piece would be as important. But again this is a luxury and doesn’t out perform by that much compared to a suit with no shard bound items.
Not only all that but luck becoming more and more important and most of these have 0

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
I confirmed you cannot enhance the gloves, but I did upgrade my suit anyway.

if any one curious, this suit uses paladin vambraces, sentinel mempo and holy gloves, and a cameo (and 5ssi from town bonus, but no balron armor)
still has the benefit of mace and shield plate helm to get the 30 HLD
Elf sampire and using swords primer 3

in my opinion this is the strongest set up for a sampire and you can even swap out archery for swords if you wanted on a soul stone and hit max ssi with comp bow

no other buffs aside from town bonus: (maxed out stam protection and one studded piece for 47 total lmc)
1700253621127.png

yes i am totally trying to flex

and i will recreate this suit for anyone for 1 plat

the lower teir 190 stam, 85 mana, 20 ssi for 500mill

Last edited:

Frizzman

Visitor
I confirmed you cannot enhance the gloves, but I did upgrade my suit anyway.

if any one curious, this suit uses paladin vambraces, sentinel mempo and holy gloves, and a cameo (and 5ssi from town bonus, but no balron armor)
still has the benefit of mace and shield plate helm to get the 30 HLD
Elf sampire and using swords primer 3

in my opinion this is the strongest set up for a sampire and you can even swap out archery for swords if you wanted on a soul stone and hit max ssi with comp bow

no other buffs aside from town bonus: (maxed out stam protection and one studded piece for 47 total lmc)
View attachment 149485

yes i am totally trying to flex

and i will recreate this suit for anyone for 1 plat

the lower teir 190 stam, 85 mana, 20 ssi for 500mill
needs a lil work i think
1700329893424.png
this is with no buffs and no weapon in hand

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
needs a lil work i think
View attachment 149500
this is with no buffs and no weapon in hand
To each his own. I prefer my set up because I don’t want higher dci. 40% parry means more counter attacks. So I like to refine all my resists

why not max your damage to 100 and hci to 45? I think getting max hci and max Di without weapon is important.

and are you using antique jewels? That’s a huge mana pool. Grats, a very sweet set up

Last edited:

mihali

Sage
It’s it possible to enhance the gloves ? The Mempo could not be enhanced to raise resists. But balron bone armor and paladin vambraces can be enhanced
How did you enhance the Balron amor and Pal vambraces? What was the final product? Also did they change to fragile. I think as they are initially they would last indefinitely.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How did you enhance the Balron amor and Pal vambraces? What was the final product? Also did they change to fragile. I think as they are initially they would last indefinitely.
Enhancing or Refining does not change the ability to repair or powder items.

Frizzman

Visitor
To each his own. I prefer my set up because I don’t want higher dci. 40% parry means more counter attacks. So I like to refine all my resists

why not max your damage to 100 and hci to 45? I think getting max hci and max Di without weapon is important.

and are you using antique jewels? That’s a huge mana pool. Grats, a very sweet set up
i dont die. i can tank skele drag, frost mite, and other paragons with ease.

im missing 10di on the suit, pretty sure thats a non factor with consecrate and eoo and undead tali and wep.
300 is cap anyway, **** just dies before i take any real damage. and my hci dci is already capped. unless you think i need worry about that 1 hci lol.
40% parry does not make counter attack go off. having lower dci will make parry work more which is required for counter attack to work. doesnt matter if its dead before it gets a chance to hit me anyway.

sampire should be offensive not defensive. who plays a defensive warrior lol?

antique jewels, omg they only gonna last me a yr or better, what shall i ever do?

must suck to run out of mana fighting paragons that dont allow leeching... couldnt tell ya, hasnt happened yet.

swapping out archery for swords automatically kills your parry, that be bad move. archer build totally different

in my opinion, you flexed over nothing special.

i run anat and healing even tho its obviously not needed. but there are times it has come in handy against multiple paragons.

you didnt flex mate, you just dreamed you did

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
i dont die. i can tank skele drag, frost mite, and other paragons with ease.

im missing 10di on the suit, pretty sure thats a non factor with consecrate and eoo and undead tali and wep.
300 is cap anyway, **** just dies before i take any real damage. and my hci dci is already capped. unless you think i need worry about that 1 hci lol.
40% parry does not make counter attack go off. having lower dci will make parry work more which is required for counter attack to work. doesnt matter if its dead before it gets a chance to hit me anyway.

sampire should be offensive not defensive. who plays a defensive warrior lol?

antique jewels, omg they only gonna last me a yr or better, what shall i ever do?

must suck to run out of mana fighting paragons that dont allow leeching... couldnt tell ya, hasnt happened yet.

swapping out archery for swords automatically kills your parry, that be bad move. archer build totally different

in my opinion, you flexed over nothing special.

i run anat and healing even tho its obviously not needed. but there are times it has come in handy against multiple paragons.

you didnt flex mate, you just dreamed you did
ok. I read your first post wrong. Thought we were comparing set ups in good spirit

not Looking to be adversarial about this. If you want to chat offline that’s cool. If not enjoy the game.

You chose 50 more mana. I chose 25 more SSi, 5 hP and 10 di. With your set up you can’t use a two handed axe or composite bow at max speed without SSi

My point is lower dci is good with high parry because it is offensive (not defense). Your counter attacks go off when you successfully parry. You will parry more often with lower dci. I prefer overcap resists rather than dci

I’m not insulting your set up. But I think most would agree both ours are top tier.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
I’m also not sure you’re correct about the 90% damage increase from your suit. The missing 10% cannot be made up for from slayers/chiv/perfection.

damage Increase from items along with skills boost your base damage.

damage modifiers from chiv/slayers/perfection take that base damage and can be increased by 300% max.

I think it’s extra confusing because the base damage boost is also capped at 300%, but the two are separate.

@Frizzman To be constructive about this, I think the 90% di on your suit is an area that actually can be improved.

I might also bump up to 20ssi so your swing speed doesn’t drop down to 1.5 ticks/sec if you get cursed or get hit hard enough to lose stam.

I like the 210+ stam and 35 SSi because it opens up my suit to be a maxed out archer suit or samp suit. I just swap my skills around with soul stones

Frizzman

Visitor
I’m also not sure you’re correct about the 90% damage increase from your suit. The missing 10% cannot be made up for from slayers/chiv/perfection.

damage Increase from items along with skills boost your base damage.

damage modifiers from chiv/slayers/perfection take that base damage and can be increased by 300% max.

I think it’s extra confusing because the base damage boost is also capped at 300%, but the two are separate.

@Frizzman To be constructive about this, I think the 90% di on your suit is an area that actually can be improved.

I might also bump up to 20ssi so your swing speed doesn’t drop down to 1.5 ticks/sec if you get cursed or get hit hard enough to lose stam.

I like the 210+ stam and 35 SSi because it opens up my suit to be a maxed out archer suit or samp suit. I just swap my skills around with soul stones
Im just saying that the missing 10% damage overall isnt really an issue.
im also not overly concerned with 1.5 vs 1.25 ss
my weps have life stam and mana leech as well as hit area and ssi.stam isnt an issue
i also get boost from 50ep and drinking pots.

i have 210 stam suits as well, good for some things but underwhelming in others.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im just saying that the missing 10% damage overall isnt really an issue.
im also not overly concerned with 1.5 vs 1.25 ss
my weps have life stam and mana leech as well as hit area and ssi.stam isnt an issue
i also get boost from 50ep and drinking pots.

i have 210 stam suits as well, good for some things but underwhelming in others.
Not sure I agree with you on the swing speed.

At 1.25 you are getting 48 swings per minute. At 1.5 you are getting 40 swings. That's 8 swings. My sampire hits narvey for ~350 damage per hit. That means I'm losing 2800 damage potential per minute.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
its possible that when he wrote " im also not overly concerned with 1.5 vs 1.25 ss " , he meant that he's not worried about dropping down in stam/dex and only swinging at 1.5; because his suit is sufficient to keep him at 1.25 ss

i think it is an issue if you get cursed, but maybe that is what he meant

but to fridgster's point though, 1.25 vs 1.5 swing/sec and 90% vs 100% damage increase from gear is a material different in damage over time to bosses.

it is the difference of several thousand damage per minute less

Last edited:

Frizzman

Visitor
im doing spawns and event type stuff, monsters die in one hit and i move on to the next at which time im ready to swing again anyway.
who is still doing navery after all these years? vamp form with triple leech weapon keeps me fully refreshed.

i understand damage over time on a big monster, but who wants to fight the same monster for three minutes to get junk loot these days?
thats mostly gonna be group stuff as it is.

apples take care of curse as does remove curse since im Chiv too.

i guess overall it dont matter how we play, just go play