• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hitching Post

Wharton

Adventurer
Can 2 different accounts share a hitching post? They sell them in the uo store, and it says "account bound". Just wondering if that meant it can't be sold or what? I was wanting to use the hitching post for my tamer, but would also like to use it on my other account for my mage that has a capybara mount.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Only the primary account can "charge" the hitching post, but any account with the permission of the primary account can use it, and also use charges from the post I think by one or the other stabling a pet or claiming a pet.

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
The store bought hitching post can have access set to friends and co owners to be used by them for stabling. Not sure about claiming because I only stable at my house so I don't use charges on post. The crafted "replica" version uses charges for both stabling and claiming. Charges recharged with player crafted hitching rope in both cases.
I use the same hitching post for more than two accounts for stabling.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There account bond? Pretty sure the one I have is not.

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Just checked store these are not account bound items. There are 3 non replica (store version) on vendor search as well for 10, 40 and 75 mil on Atlantic.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup can set them to public so anyone can use. We do a lot of scalis so I have a bunch of ropes from leviathans.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup can set them to public so anyone can use. We do a lot of scalis so I have a bunch of ropes from leviathans.
The ropes can be bought from an NPC in Britain. The one for capturing the bandits or something like that

Also the charges get used by claiming a pet. you can stable a pet all you want and no charges will be used.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can stable a pet without charges as long as there is at least 1 charge left. Don't let it drop to 0 if you are planning to use it for stabling only.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That sounds like a bug or exploit.
More like an oversight on the Devs part. Strange how they call a lot of things like that 'Bugs' and 'exploits'. Ya know.. like when the same process for duping keeps 'accidentally happening' over the years...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
You can stable a pet without charges as long as there is at least 1 charge left. Don't let it drop to 0 if you are planning to use it for stabling only.
What happens if it drops to 0? Does not work any longer?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The ropes can be bought from an NPC in Britain. The one for capturing the bandits or something like that

Also the charges get used by claiming a pet. you can stable a pet all you want and no charges will be used.
Don't you need Hitching Rope to recharge it? Not just plain rope, unless they changed it? I was under the impression that you need a Rope + Reslove's Bridle --> Hitching rope. Then you can charge the posts?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That is correct - but if you don't have someone killing krakens, you can get the ropes for catching bandits as they mentioned, and use it as the rope part of the hitching rope recipe.

Don't you need Hitching Rope to recharge it? Not just plain rope, unless they changed it? I was under the impression that you need a Rope + Reslove's Bridle --> Hitching rope. Then you can charge the posts?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
That is correct - but if you don't have someone killing krakens, you can get the ropes for catching bandits as they mentioned, and use it as the rope part of the hitching rope recipe.
And briddles come only from the Red Death encounter? Or other sources also?

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And briddles come only from the Red Death encounter? Or other sources also?
Only red death for briddle. I also thought it took that animal pheromone that you had to get from a fire mountain place in Tokuno. I think

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think the pheromone is for crafting the craftable hitching post (which requires that you have bronze and several hitching ropes)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't see it here but I believe that the crafted hitching ropes only have and only recharge to 15 uses where the reward and storebought one has 30.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And they can only be recharged twice