• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hiryu color spawn %

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From top:
Ice Green
Light Green
Yellow

upload_2018-3-24_19-1-49.png

I dont know what Ice Green looks like in EC.

Khaelor just posted his dark greens.

upload_2018-3-24_19-9-55.png

Last edited:

DDesire

Adventurer
I went the extra mile so there can be no further confusion

Cyan / IceBlue / IceGreen / StrongCyan / StrongYellow / LightGreen / ???

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The last two look the same in CC.

What shard? If you are still on, I can come look.

Its not because you are highlighting one and not the other? Are you in a guild?

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The last 2 in Ddesire’s picture remind me of the 2 shades of green that the lesser hiryu come in. So maybe use the same color names as lesser? But given they are the same in CC, maybe just call them both light green.

DDesire

Adventurer
The last two look the same in CC.

What shard? If you are still on, I can come look.

Its not because you are highlighting one and not the other? Are you in a guild?
Europa, no Guild. Returning players are forever doomed to be alone apparently.
and nope it is not due to highlighting.

DDesire

Adventurer
The last 2 in Ddesire’s picture remind me of the 2 shades of green that the lesser hiryu come in. So maybe use the same color names as lesser? But given they are the same in CC, maybe just call them both light green.
the lesser hiryu greens look vastly different in EC than that :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Europa, no Guild. Returning players are forever doomed to be alone apparently.
and nope it is not due to highlighting.
What time can you be on tonight between 7 and midnight central? I can take some pics of them and maybe we can see if they are different. They look the same from your CC pic. AJ is killing everybody there right now.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like they having a party at WBB. Nice deco!
upload_2018-3-25_12-16-56.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
upload_2018-3-25_13-6-50.png

upload_2018-3-25_13-7-18.png

Here are your two. The bottom one of yours looks darker if you stare.

1. yours
2. yours
3. mine
4. Dark green volunteer

upload_2018-3-25_13-6-50.png

upload_2018-3-25_13-7-18.png

upload_2018-3-25_13-28-29.png

upload_2018-3-25_13-29-17.png

Someone who is not color blind needs to pipe in.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The top two in that pic do indeed look different one is slightly "brighter" than the other... the second one is most definitely brighter.

I'd say somewhat more yellow than the top one... the top one and the third one are the same color. The bottom is the rare green.

I noted there was a slight difference like that in lessers as well with greens... I believe there is a slight difference in blues as well... but it's more subtle.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What always gets me is why they can do that with Hiryu and CuSidhe in the EC... but got lazy when it came to dragons and Nightmares???

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sunday and I am in Sweden, so I won't be online after 7-8PM EST.
I will be online until then though.
Looks like you have the elusive Mid Green color. But you can only tell when they are side by side.

I doubt you'd toy be able to sell it as more than a light green.

Thanks all

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The purple is what some call pink. Theres some dark green pics a few posts up.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Powain congrats!! The Hiyu is not purple..It looks like It is the fabled rare Strong Pink..I just found a pic in Stratics, its identical to yours. This is one of the two rarest ones (Strong Green and Strong Pink). I think you hit jackpot!! lol. I also think its worth a pretty penny for collectors of rare color pets! Good job! ( Could land you 80 M like the Strong Green did for me..Nice to buy PS for the pets..lol)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
upload_2018-3-27_0-21-39.png
This is from Basara's post in stratics, pretty old pic, but has most Greater Hiryu colors, including the Rare strong pink (yours) #1, and rare strong green on the right #6, the one I sold. Their spawn rate is 0.09 that is sadly pretty low, but they are rare right? I though the pic might help. Treat that Hiryu with respect..lol

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you just bump on it by accident or spawned for long time?
Spawning them daily for hours. I find streaks of plain for an hour. Then a couple colors. Then some days I get four or five of the more common colors pretty quick.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Spawning them daily for hours. I find streaks of plain for an hour. Then a couple colors. Then some days I get four or five of the more common colors pretty quick.

It's the notorious UO random generator. I find it all the time while taming. Taming greaters, will have repeated similar stats ones, then the next day cannot get any decent ones. Same with rare spawning colors. Sometimes it seems like all you get. Other times, none for days. So if i see the spawn generator is being generous I try to take advantage of that.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 79075
This is from Basara's post in stratics, pretty old pic, but has most Greater Hiryu colors, including the Rare strong pink (yours) #1, and rare strong green on the right #6, the one I sold. Their spawn rate is 0.09 that is sadly pretty low, but they are rare right? I though the pic might help. Treat that Hiryu with respect..lol

That's missing the Light Cyan one. That one took me a long time to get. I have all but the dark Green.

DDesire

Adventurer
ok I have to ask here since talking on my shards general chat is like talking to ... a wall.
is there any market for lesser valorite hiryus? I've killed like 6 just today, thought I should ask at least.

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok I have to ask here since talking on my shards general chat is like talking to ... a wall.
is there any market for lesser valorite hiryus? I've killed like 6 just today, thought I should ask at least.
I'd take one of those ... IF they'd be >= 280 hit points / >= 190 STR / >= 300 INT / >= 105.x wrestling post tame AND not too weird resists ;-) You might have to 'yell' in the HELP channel to find me 'there' ...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think I got a middle green also.

Its darker than my other but not dark enough.

upload_2018-4-8_20-19-18.png

Like I said, DARN

upload_2018-4-8_20-20-3.png

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been taming and training Hiryu's for ages on Europa and never once had a decent run of luck, pale green is my best to date.
Thou i have to admit, i never realised how damb ugly these things look in the EC......thank god i play the CC where they look awesome :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've been taming and training Hiryu's for ages on Europa and never once had a decent run of luck, pale green is my best to date.
Thou i have to admit, i never realised how damb ugly these things look in the EC......thank god i play the CC where they look awesome :D
They are hideously ugly in the EC... While at the 20th anniversary party I begged the new artist to please fix them. Misk was kind enough to show her both versions and she did agree that the EC one was not good... I'm hoping that she'll take on the project... *crosses fingers*

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are hideously ugly in the EC... While at the 20th anniversary party I begged the new artist to please fix them. Misk was kind enough to show her both versions and she did agree that the EC one was not good... I'm hoping that she'll take on the project... *crosses fingers*
......after she has made the Phoenix look like a Phoenix and not that interns project we have now. ;)

I would train and build it since that's the only color I am missing.
Hey I havent been too good with this whole stratics thing yet lol I literally just saw your reply as im trying to learn to use this site... but I can take it to ATL if needed, would you be interested in purchasing the hiryu?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey I havent been too good with this whole stratics thing yet lol I literally just saw your reply as im trying to learn to use this site... but I can take it to ATL if needed, would you be interested in purchasing the hiryu?
I have one that color now. If you spam in chat on Atlantic you can get 40 to 60M for it if you find someone that wants that color.

Or you can post the Stats that show the HP, Str. And the resists and I can help you build it on here.

I have one that color now. If you spam in chat on Atlantic you can get 40 to 60M for it if you find someone that wants that color.

Or you can post the Stats that show the HP, Str. And the resists and I can help you build it on here.
Awesome thank you kindly for your response, for that small profit margin compared to the rarity in its spawning ill just hold on to mine, I appreciate it! I will post the stats as soon as I can!!

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In all my luck of farming hiryus, I found neon green once last year during August. I typically do not find them very easily what so ever, so I was quite astonished when I saw it pop while farming in the wee hours of the morning and I was alone.

I sold it around November '19 for 50mil. It liked to take forever to sell it and I lost a fair bit of money just keeping it up for a few weeks. I ended up selling it through shouts and that took some work haha. I had it for 3 months.

So GL if you find a sellers for the rare hiryus. These forums are great for that too, so all the best if you ever go to sell them.

I'm not personally happy with any of the colors except the light blue hiryu and the midnight lesser hiryu. Those are the only two I find exotic or beautiful looking. But given that jade is so precious to eastern culture in the real world, I understand the significance of it being one of the rare colors for hiryus in UO.

And thanks for the discussion! Its nice to see more of this in Tamer's Forum.

May Skadi the Snow Queen make thy bow sing with death.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Green I think is the only one I've never been able to get... I spent months working the spawn trying to replace my Pink that opted to go wild one day at a player event... and died. 2 min out of the stable and just after I fed it... took it out... fed it ... recalled to event.. said all Kill 1 time.. and poof wild and died due to 10 people there casting EV's and RC... couldn't despawn the stuff and had to watch my pink SCROLLED OUT Hiryu die. I was none too pleased... logged for the day which turned into almost a week... I was too upset to play. Now I have a new one bonded but it's gonna stay in the stable.... probably will never see the light of day again. I would just be sick to lose another.