• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

hirus in pvp

• Thread starter YuriGaDaisukiDa
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

Do hirues and lesser hirus both have dismount? and armor rend?

Im wondering if a lesser hiru and a mare might be a good pvp combo because of the dismount

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from the hunters guide on stratics:

The Lesser Hiryu is slightly weaker than the normal Hiryu, but it is still able to dismount and lower your physical resistance with it vicious claw.

T

Trinsie

As of pub 46 (unless something was changed since then)

"When a Lesser Hiryu chooses to perform the Dismount special maneuver, it will now have a 20% chance to succeed in performing the dismount. This chance use to be 100%."

From the old patch notes.

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

thanks

they probly are not worth keeping for tamers than, since a mare is better and uses 2 slots

5% Luck

The main problem with the hyruis in PvP is they have no magery. They dont have any ranged attack and yes they dismount but last time I tried one in battle the guy kited me with the hyrui in tow for 10 mins before he even got bite once! He made jokes about it and killed me so its just a bad choice.

Best combo is bettle bake. These guys both have a seemingly bugged cast time/distance on them. I call them the super-nuker combo! Since ive gotten used to being on foot(GD) I swaped out my mare for the fox and have noticed its quite near a sure thing. Its just plain gimp and will likely get you flamed and worse. But, Its a lot of fun!

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

I keep reading about these kitsunes.

Are they really better than nightmares? they take way less taming, so it seems as you say "gimp".

Do you think the devs are going to nerf kitsunes to represent their taming level better?

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They have better resists and their HP range from nightmare level to much higher. They can have higher dex and have higher int than mares. Their rage attack keeps them after stuff and attacking, even if the target invises.

In a one on one fight, with both creatures at same skill level, the kitsune will win. However, you can't ride them. They are not at the same skill level as any of the 3 slot creatures. The kitsune being a bit more powerful is balanced against the mare by the fact you can't ride it.

Think about it though. Nightmares were truely just that when they came out in '98 with The 2nd Age. When AOS came out, the slow gains in player power that made creatures tough and gold hard to get suddenly changed. The limit on player power was removed and legacy creatures where capped at a rather limited level with bad resists. All the new creature types that came out after AOS have progressively been a bit more powerful and had better resists than the legacy creature types to try and make them more in line with player power. The Kitsune being many years removed from when nightmares came out, have resists more in line with what creatures should have versus what players do have. For the nightmare to still be used by almost everyone proves it's power as a ridable mount.

I love kitsune. I have three ok ones in my stable looking for homes (survivors of my search for another good fox) and my two really nice ones that I use. I'd never give up my old mare though. I've had her since well before AOS came out and before we could lore everything on pets. She's an old friend who I still take out when I need to be able to tame 3 slot creatures and ride. I use her quite a bit still with a rune beetle on a ball to help if I need to kill something that is to powerful for a two slot pet to kill. I run a stealth/tamer a lot so even with that char on foot anyway most of the time, I still use my mare.

I think both kitsune and mares should be in everyones stable. They both have uses in different situations.