• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hirelings.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cant Hire the guards or fighters or paladins since the recent publish.
They take your cash but dont become 'your'.

Did you turn them into Thief's?

B

Bluebottle

Cant Hire the guards or fighters or paladins since the recent publish.
They take your cash but dont become 'your'.

Did you turn them into Thief's?
*bug bug bug*

Since most of my noob experience tracks involve the use of hirelings to survive - this really bites. They claim to be up for hire, take the cash but just ignore you :(

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup, dont expect this one to get fixed anytime soon, the PvP'ers and Scripters arn't complaining about it and low behold us normal players to have a voice ;)

G

Gladius

Yup, dont expect this one to get fixed anytime soon, the PvP'ers and Scripters arn't complaining about it and low behold us normal players to have a voice ;)
Yes however our crystal ball tells us sometime Publish 200 we can hire them NPC's to give our characters a foot massage.

Hope burns eternal :D

-G-

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bumped back up to remind any browsing devs that their still pretending to be deaf after getting the gold coins.

C

Chrissay_

I've passed this along to QA to further investigate the issue.

Chrissay

B

Bluebottle

I also submitted a bug report with repro steps:

GM Requested Bug Report

This problem appeared immediately following the latest patch is a VERY simple bug to repro - so far it is consistent on both facets of Production shards and on Siege ruleset shards:

Find an NPC Hireling i.e. Fighter/Sailor/Thief/Beggar etc
LMB on Hireling select the "Hire" option
NPC will say "I am available for hire for X coins a day. If thou dost give me gold I will work for thee" (X is between 1 and 8 gold)
Drag X gold from pack, drop on the Hireling (at this point there is usually an acknowledgement of hire) There is NO LONGER ANY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Dropping gold on to Hireling results in a reduction of player gold total but the "pet" counter does not increment and the hireling acts as if nothing has happened
Dropping further gold regardless of amount has no other effect other than reducing the player gold total.

While this may be simply an annoying bug for established players on multi-character production shards it is a critical deficiency on Siege ruleset shards since any non-combat lone crafter will tend to rely on NPC hirelings for hostile mob protection and assistance during resource gathering.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:danceb:this was just a little test for their gold sink they have in mind:danceb:

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They were bored of being beaten up in Jhelom pit.
Indeed! We are witnessing the beginnings of a new chapter of Sosaria. The uprising of the hirelings! No more will they take the injustice of being beat up on in the pits only to die! No more will they let their "masters" lead them into suicide missions! It starts with them taking our money and running off with it. We should fear their next move for it will bring doom greater than that of the Shadow Lords!

G

Gladius

Indeed! We are witnessing the beginnings of a new chapter of Sosaria. The uprising of the hirelings! No more will they take the injustice of being beat up on in the pits only to die! No more will they let their "masters" lead them into suicide missions! It starts with them taking our money and running off with it. We should fear their next move for it will bring doom greater than that of the Shadow Lords!
Sounds like another Spartacus revolt oh me oh my.

-G-

B

Bluebottle

Sounds like another Spartacus revolt oh me oh my.

-G-
Nooo - my crafter is kind to his hirelings, pays them regualarly when they are in the field (though sometimes they simply vanish) - his only "combat" support skill of any note is healing!

C

Cat Crimson

While this may be simply an annoying bug for established players on multi-character production shards it is a critical deficiency on Siege ruleset shards since any non-combat lone crafter will tend to rely on NPC hirelings for hostile mob protection and assistance during resource gathering.
Actually I've never relied on hirelings on Siege. I have relied on my ability to run like hell or die with dignity.

B

Bluebottle

Actually I've never relied on hirelings on Siege. I have relied on my ability to run like hell or die with dignity.
LOL - try running with a pack full of hides - the death is usually anything but dignified :p

The good news, IT'S FIXED! A "way to go" shout out for quickly resolving the issue - I assume it must have been a server side fix. Whatever it was - many thanks - my crafter's back in business :)