• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Highlights - Oct 28th Furt Defenz

Blargety

Journeyman
Today's event went off without a hitch thanks to the Amazing Siege Perilous community. The Orcs managed to defend the Yew Orc Fort for close to 55 minutes, and were overrun as we sounded our retreat alarm which signaled the Orcs guarding the Tokuno Artifacts and Power Scrolls to begin removing items from the Orc Box for transport to our base of operations in Malas.

Members of many guilds, and even a few solo players showed up to try their luck against us. Representing their guilds were UWSP, and GIL. Others were there as well, but many of them were not displaying Guild Tags, or were representing themselves. It was amazing to see so many humans working together against a common enemy.

At the conclusion of the event the Orcs admitted defeat after an hour of full-blown clomping against the humans of Siege. It was an L we are proud to take, as we learned a lot about our tactics, and how to improve not only our teamwork (Buorca) but the event moving forward into the future. We hope that Siege Perilous had just as much fun as we did for the duration of the Furt Defenz!

Shortly after the event, and our internal debrief, we decided that @Tanager would be awarded a medal for bravery from the Orcs. She was the first human to contest us, and also one of the Humans who made it into the fort the most. For her extreme show of force, bravery, and bloodlust, she was awarded an honorary Lusk uv Bravuree. This one of a kind item was forged by Orcish Mak'rs using ancient techniques and then burned in the fires of the Buurz'Ash (The Dark One) at the Malas Orc Fort. We know that she is worthy of wielding such a weapon because she did not die as soon as she it was presented to her.

Below is a shortened version of the video as it was recorded from our perspective. The original file was almost one hour long, so I cut it down a bit to just the juiciest bits. There is some language in the video as we were in voice chat, but you can tell that we were having a blast. (I had forgotten to unmute my microphone in OBS, so my voice shall remain shrouded in mystery)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you are not speaking orcish in RL?

this is soo funny..."no way, dude"?

ok, next time I have to join. absolutely awesome event. i never pvped before, but maybe I can throw a colossus in there before I die.

great work!

noChance219

Visitor
"no way, dude"
You're welcome :)

There were several "non-pvp" players there, to my understanding - and it was a single Colossus that turned the tide of the battle. Or rather, me not noticing it was wailing on me & failng to get it dispelled in time. :( Win, lose, or draw - it was an absolute blast!

I've said it in game, in Discord, other places, and I'm going to say it here:

RULG BLUG'TAR - Thanks for orc-ganizing the event, putting together the supplies/etc, and most importantly for sticking with your vision of an Orcish Revival on SP!!!
(thanks Blug'Tar)

RULG SEEJ OOMIES! -
A big thank you goes out to the non-orcs of Siege Perilous who showed up to do battle with us! You guys are awesome! See you next month!

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
This event got off to a slow start, but was a lot of good, clean fun. I hope this does become a regular occurrence - I might even learn how to PvP a tiny bit!

My fiendishly clever plan was to sneak in and out under your noses and then point and howl with laughter afterwards. Of course, the reality was that you lot had bodies hidden at the entrance and I was revealed when I pushed through them . Rats, foiled again! [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]:p[/bcolor] My next attempt was a simple charge and then hide and get lost in the chaos - which eventually worked after a few fatal tries! Looted a few items from the chest, then charged out again.

But I spent most of the event healing, rezzing, dispelling revenants and summons, killing off the NPC Orc reinforcement spawn that magically appeared out of thin air at crucial moments (yeah, I'm lookin' at YOU, sir!), and tossing an occasional EV over the wall myself. I am not into PvP, and did not really do any PvP things, and it was a lot of fun. So you Non-PvPers come next month also!

That east wall tho has some gaps in the wooden planks. Maybe a rotten board or two, a knothole here and there for a carefully placed arrow.

*begins plotting*