• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

High Seas Booster

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The good news is, the content is supposedly available today (I would guess now, plus or minus a few hours.)

The bad news is, I've heard many many reports of the purchase or account management site not working properly.

Given the bad news (and my limited play time), I'm going to wait a few weeks to upgrade.

Darnit.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bought the booster and had no trouble activating it. Can't wait to come home from work today...

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahoy - I just purchased the upgrade and applied it to my account. Now I am off to work, but I am upgraded at least.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I need to Upgrade but I'm going to hopefully after my UO patches.

S

Sydrik Harpune

I had no problems patching or activating the code...

- Macon

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got the expansion woot, but pgoh is hoarding saltpeter, sooo free reign to tax them as we're claiming the impoream. and kill them if they refuse, set your own tax.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to hear all is well!

Enjoy the week. Maybe I'll be by on the weekend.

S

Sydrik Harpune

I've got the expansion woot, but pgoh is hoarding saltpeter, sooo free reign to tax them as we're claiming the impoream. and kill them if they refuse, set your own tax.
I scored myself a Tokuno Galley. Huzzah!

I am still getting a feel for things though, so I will be waiting a bit before starting to rumble with PGoH.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Kraken Hunter VIII is anchored by the Jolly Roger Inn. She is a fine Tokuno Vessel with 4 light cannons mounted on it. This ship will be available so we can do some of the new quests, go fishing and attack landlubbers whenever we see them.
The guild has gotten passenger access to my boat. Which means, they can enter it.

Huzzah! Boat movement is fantastic!

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, it is interesting that PGoH has been farming salpeter nonstop since the world returned, so nobody else has a chance to buy some of this ingredient which is obligatory for crafting cannon ammunition. Maybe they want ta put us out of business??

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fortunately I've stolen fel and have so far gotten 2000 saltpeter and about to have 3k before I stop which I'll make into heavy rounds and fuses, Pike heavy cannons are better all around for fast damage and we can triple up on ships if we have two ships with drivers and one shooter. I can drive my own ship and fire from behind and force them into submission then destroy them with grape shot and archery as a driver can fire and cast and drive from every where on the boat. this is a weak strategy and I've got better for destroying a whole navy with only 2 ships.

Formations to be practiced and what not, but we should try to get at least one warship.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have my own ship, but could use some cannons for her deck. I did stock up on wood and iron, but I lack the skill to make the cannons.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drop the required resources including a rune to your house into my mailbox and I will make them for you. I will drop the cannons into your mailbox when finished. Or we meet personally. :)
Remember, you also will need lots of ammunition. But this doesn't require much skill, except for making Blackpowder you need 100 Alchemy.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can make cannon balls with JoaT haha. I now have 4100 some saltpeter I need to change into black powder All I need is to grab some charcoal tomorrow.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Drop the required resources including a rune to your house into my mailbox and I will make them for you. I will drop the cannons into your mailbox when finished. Or we meet personally. :)
Remember, you also will need lots of ammunition. But this doesn't require much skill, except for making Blackpowder you need 100 Alchemy.
Thank ye Cap'n! I have the resources I just need to get them to ya... I'll do that this evening.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahoy Cap'n,

I dropped off 9500 iron and 500 wood for 5 heavy cannons if you please. Let me know if you need more. I also left a rune for "Ebi Island" that is my island if we don't meet up.

I am out-of-town this weekend so I won't be needing them until first of the week really.

Thank ye