• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] High Resists and Imbuing additional

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The imbuing page says the imbuer can
  • Imbue any property which can be obtained through runic crafting
  • Overwrite an existing property to either increase or reduce it.
  • Increase or reduce resists on armor pieces.
  • Enhance an imbued item (or imbue an enhanced item).
BUT, when I tried to increase a resist, and also when I tried to add a property on an item that only had one property, I got a reject message saying I cannot imbue any more properties on this item. The item in question had really high resists, and one property. Did I get this error message because the resists were so high? All were 18 and above, except physical which I was trying to raise with imbuing.

Sonreir

Visitor
Only five total improvements are allowed per item. It's possible that the piece you were trying to imbue already had five present. The one property you saw, plus four other "hidden" ones in the form of improved resistances.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For resists

Anything higher than base resists is considered 1 of the 5 total properties that can be imbued. So on the piece in question 4 of the 5 resists already had been increased over base.

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ok, thanks for the replies! So, on the leather armor, it would be anything above , phys 2, fire 4, cold 3, poison 3, and energy 3 ? With a total of 15 per leather piece? Each item above the previously mentioned would count as a property, right?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok, thanks for the replies! So, on the leather armor, it would be anything above , phys 2, fire 4, cold 3, poison 3, and energy 3 ? With a total of 15 per leather piece? Each item above the previously mentioned would count as a property, right?
Only if a runic, reforged or random (if a loot item) property.

Extra resists from exceptional quality don't count as "properties" or weights, nor do resists from enhancing with special materials (unless applied to a resist already imbued or part of magical loot generation). However, if you imbue one of the resists, it will use the base without the Ex or material bonuses (so, you could have a leather gorget with 11 physical resist (9 of it from exceptional or material) that doesn't count as a property, but if you tried to imbue it to change the value (up or down) it becomes a property, and even reimbuing it to 11 resist (its current value) would count as 60% intensity (9/15) and take a property slot that wasn't counted before, wiping out the ex/material bonus. This is why you try to craft an item from base materials with near-minimum in the resist you want to imbue (with most of the exceptional bonuses in the other resists), then enhance last.