• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

High end PVM and suit / optimization

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, i'm in a private debate with a friend about char setup and cost-benefit.

Lets see the main point.

Actually if you build a sampire for high end pvm (spawns, scallis, corgul, roof, putrefier) it need be a good char, but i'm taking some points in the real optimizated char cost and time to kill a boss.

The big Q is, worth use a ring/brac antique combo with nasty stats/skills in the 100-200m range (piece) to have a caped char (max hpi, max damage, high mana pool) or its better just stick with plain jewels like the common ssi10 di25 hci15 dci15 +1 mod imbued items?

what is better for a high end char, looking for profit?

use a plain imbued jewel combo (15-40m set 1 piece with ssi10 and another clean imbued)
use a good antique jewel combo (200-350m set (ssi di hci dci lmc stats skills)

For reference

Antique
antique ring.png

Normal
normalring.png

Will the antique last long on a regular Sampire for worth the investment, since it will free more skills max stats, improve kill times, or is better stay with a low budget even with lower kill speeds and on a more squish template.

fy the target is high end solo pvm.

Edit: The template is a classic Sampire

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will the antique last long on a regular Sampire for worth the investment, since it will free more skills max stats, improve kill times, or is better stay with a low budget even with lower kill speeds and on a more squish template.
No.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wouldn't necessarily use it on a sampire because they absorb so much damage and thus the jewellery will be blown out in no time.

I would however use antique jewellery on an archer. Still you'll have to keep an eye on the durability and repair in time.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
On a random note, you shouldn't use a Sampire on Corgul.
He has corrupted aura.

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On a random note, you shouldn't use a Sampire on Corgul.
He has corrupted aura.
ye, usually when we talk about corgul and scallis with a sampire, we are talking swap from samp to a whammy variable.

actually i use antique jewels in my char, but i'm a whammy, it don't break that fast, still a lot profitable use on the boss (roof for example), maybe in spawns can use a cheaper jewel since anything can kill a spawn actually, (i don't use whamy/sampire in spawns because a necromageweaver is like 3 times faster), but i think in a tankwise scene the antique can hurt.