• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Auction] Hidden Valley Auction 65: General Rares and Server Births - ends Saturday night!

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
i participate in these auctions, and appreciate them. the "rat" comment in jest or not, i do feel its important to abide by the rules, especially for a staff member. especially when other members have been given points and even banned for the same type of violations.

lets face it, more updates / bumps mean more sales. if the rules were different, i would also update my own more. heck, i cant even update my own threads when i add new items. which is why i just post new ones.

we have the rules, i think they should be observed.
First, "All Bids Updated" posts were *specifically* raised, both during the drafting of the rules, and during the public debate. I don't know what Captn's thinking, because those posts were *specifically* said NOT to count as bumps. As for your own sales posts (as compared with an 'auction' type post), you *can* update when you add items. You just can't do it more than once per 24 hours.

"Posts announcing the addition or removal of items will also be considered a 'bump', and are subject to the same 1-per-24 hour limit."

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First, "All Bids Updated" posts were *specifically* raised, both during the drafting of the rules, and during the public debate. I don't know what Captn's thinking, because those posts were *specifically* said NOT to count as bumps. As for your own sales posts (as compared with an 'auction' type post), you *can* update when you add items. You just can't do it more than once per 24 hours.

"Posts announcing the addition or removal of items will also be considered a 'bump', and are subject to the same 1-per-24 hour limit."
i dont know what to tell you. its been 1 update per 24 hours (except for the last hour of the auction) ever since the rules were finalized.

i also find it absurd that a bid update would count as "meaningful information" when an addition of an entire brand new item that just dropped that day would not be "meaningful". but like i said instead of adding to one thread, if its been less then 24 hours i just make a new one to make sure im abiding by the rules.

i really dont mean for this to be a public debate, feel free to have @Captn Norrington clear up anything for you. its really not my place as im not staff. but wanted to bring the violations to your attention, because it does give mixed signals especially since your a staff member.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
i dont know what to tell you. its been 1 update per 24 hours (except for the last hour of the auction) ever since the rules were finalized.

i also find it absurd that a bid update would count as "meaningful information" when an addition of an entire brand new item that just dropped that day would not be "meaningful". but like i said instead of adding to one thread, if its been less then 24 hours i just make a new one to make sure im abiding by the rules.

i really dont mean for this to be a public debate, feel free to have @Captn Norrington clear up anything for you. its really not my place as im not staff. but wanted to bring the violations to your attention, because it does give mixed signals especially since your a staff member.
You started it in public, so we'll finish it there. First, an active auction already is being bumped by the bids. It was considered that "All bids updated" was not a meaningful nor intended "bump", the way a "*bump*" post would be in a non-active auction or sales thread. Second, that post is meaningful to both bidders and auctioneer. This was expressed repeatedly in the discussions on the rules. It tells the auctioneer where they last stopped updating, and the bidders get the same info.

As for the addition of items, you're free to edit to add or remove items from a sales thread unlimited times per day. You're misrepresenting what that rule bars. It does not bar editing the sales post. It bars posting a bump to announce those edits to only once per day.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
All lots except A136 have now closed. The top is now updated through post #218. I'm going to hold off finalizing until the morning, to allow folks to check for errors. Also, if anyone needs me to check timestamps on a lot, to make sure the 10 minute rule hadn't expired prior to a bid being placed, please let me know, and I'll double check those lots.

Meantime, don't forget the other auction ends in an hour! :) [Auction] - Hidden Valley Auction 64a: Commodities - ends Saturday!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Captn Norrington can you clarify if all users are allowed to update current bids as many times as they want per day. im not going to argue about what was posted in a thread that was taken down, but do remember what was in that thread.

this is really frustrating because some users are given points for this, and banned, while others are not.

it comes down to the appearance of favoritism.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
A136 remains open, all other lots closed.

For the 4 unsold lots, I will open them to sudden death until the winner's list is posting in the morning. First to post claims the item at reserve price.

A91.15-piece rubble display case - 1.7b reserve Reserve Reduced
A138.
Official Guardian Of The "Spirit Of Christmas" [hue 2967] - 30m reserve
A155.
Scroll Of Valiant Commendation (non-replica) [hue 1920] - 15m reserve
A167.
Stack Of Dynamite [hue 39] - 135m reserve Reserve Reduced

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Lol, at this rate, the 11 pm auction will end before the 9 pm one :p

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nah man, I'm just drawing it out lol... hoping for a lower price. :D :D I was hoping to get that thing for like 15m lol. I like bidding against ya bro, I'm enjoying it playing guitar lol.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My fault, I should have been watching. ;) I couldn't go over 110 total in this auction, so you would had gotten me soon anyway brother, you win by 10 minute rule at 44m I think; I gracefully bow out. I'll try to pick them up the next one after I vendor some stuff, good luck and good hunting guys and thanks for the awesome auctions Brian, peace out all.