• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hidden bushido on a pet

gwen

Slightly Crazed
When tamed , saber tooth tiger have +/-40 bushido because of initial slashing. It grows very slow because only one ability have chance to raise it. After I trained it in poisoning it is not raising anymore which I understand. No skills to trigger that rise.
Question is does that bushido affects parry chance of a pet , is there any reason to raise it higher before removing "Slashing", any research on that ?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, the passive Bushido skill of a pet does indeed affect their Parry chance, since they have 1H Wep parry chance. A pet with 120 Parry/0 Bushido has a 20% Parry chance, while a pet with 120 Parry/120 Bushido has a 35% Parry chance.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, the passive Bushido skill of a pet does indeed affect their Parry chance, since they have 1H Wep parry chance. A pet with 120 Parry/0 Bushido has a 20% Parry chance, while a pet with 120 Parry/120 Bushido has a 35% Parry chance.
But if Bushido is passive (Gwen mentioned selecting Poisoning), is it possible to still apply a Bushido 120 Powerscroll ?

Or when passive, at most gets to 100.0 and that's it ?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
But if Bushido is passive (Gwen mentioned selecting Poisoning), is it possible to still apply a Bushido 120 Powerscroll ?

Or when passive, at most gets to 100.0 and that's it ?
Yes, it is possible to apply powerscroll at any time. But no way to rise skill when you will have no skill that rely on it. It will stay where it was at the time you picked other magic ability (and will decrease when pet dies)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow yall finally noticed what we called fake Bushido but the Ks told us it did not exist. So we shut up.

I had a Cu named Bush Dog but I think he has returned to Pixel land since he was a test subject and that is not a thing...

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Took another sabertooth to bite Ortanords for an hour , bushido raised from 40 to 42,5. Since my sampire have no taming masteries (so no whisper training) it will take averagely forever to train it to 100 (and forever x2 to 120). Means I will never have such pet to try.
I'd better do some other stuff to make pet survive. Like don't let it tank stuff it cannot bear.

@Pawain giving Cu Feint skill look not very good to me too. Damage will be poor. And damage reducing is not long lasting. My first try testing saber tooth is for farming UEV. Nausea +grasping claw +battle defense. Very funny . Have 2 more already bonded , will try wrestling mastery there.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Took another sabertooth to bite Ortanords for an hour , bushido raised from 40 to 42,5. Since my sampire have no taming masteries (so no whisper training) it will take averagely forever to train it to 100 (and forever x2 to 120). Means I will never have such pet to try.
I'd better do some other stuff to make pet survive. Like don't let it tank stuff it cannot bear.

@Pawain giving Cu Feint skill look not very good to me too. Damage will be poor. And damage reducing is not long lasting. My first try testing saber tooth is for farming UEV. Nausea +grasping claw +battle defense. Very funny . Have 2 more already bonded , will try wrestling mastery there.
I put Feint/Chiv on a Triton for my Archer/Tamer with no vet. The archer does more damage and the pet is a buffer. He can run consume as needed and if he is fighting something with a slayer he will not run out of mana using consume and weapon specials.

Also everyone on TC was going FWW/Chiv when they came out.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, it is possible to apply powerscroll at any time. But no way to rise skill when you will have no skill that rely on it. It will stay where it was at the time you picked other magic ability (and will decrease when pet dies)
So, if I understand it correctly, a 120 PS applied to a passive Bushido isa wasted PS....

Is that correct ?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a Cu Sidhe and Triton with Feint and 120 Bushido. I use them for tanking Exodus, since he dishes out a ton of damage otherwise.