• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Hi I've just returned after a 5 year break!

SandboxQuint

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hey like the title says I'm just back from a 5 year break. Unfortunately due to being completely unable to recover my icq account I've lost touch with all of my old friends(if they even still play). Basically been wandering the wilds killing mongbats alone every night, whilst trying to build up my confidence to hit a dungeon or something.

I think what I really need is a community or guild or something to fall in with and help me find that UO magic again. I'm in some serious need of adventure here. Anyway my play style is mainly PvM and I'm a west coaster here in the US and a dad so my playtime doesn't usually start till about 8pm PST.

Anyway thanks for taking the time to read this, I look forward to hearing back.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately, I've suffered the ICQ lack of support too. However, if you stick with it... try and try again... you MAY get your account back.

It really sucks, but MANY of my friends vanished in the last 7 years. Last year, about September of 2018, I went to all the runes connected to friends and all but 1 place was the same... and under a different owner. All you can really do is just keep an eye open for any chr names connected to friends. We have a LOT of players from other shards that have become ghost-towns. So, it a way, its a lot like starting over.

Loads of new and vets that relocated to Atlantic. Make new friends! Go around. Ask people of old guilds what they know. Cant hurt! :)