• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hi again Jeremy- Any news on Big fall day 2??

G

Nuff said- Too many olde unpaid houses still stand and need to be forced to fall sooner than later....

I

imported_Salivern_Diago

Agreed on that.. and what about those dozens of OSI houses? A GM told me it was due to a bug with vendors.. so clear the vendors out, for alot of these OSI's its been YEARS since they turned OSI...

Cant tell me that the owners havent had enough time or that the accounts are still in investigation...

Drop them, delete them.. whatever... just do summin

G

I've had a few vendors id like to sue! Buggers ran away with my goods and gold!

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think, there will be one day, on which you can pickup stuff from the ground and have no storage for it and nobody, who would buy it from you.
You would be able to place houses, but unable to sell them. (On Drachenfels we have that situation already, that Keep spots are sitting unclaimed in the world.)
So I would be carefull with what you wish to get - you might become it - but with another outcome as expected.
*Salute*
Olahorand

G

And she did respond to my original post about big fall day 2, just wondered if its getting nearer to happening...
------------------------------------------------------------------
Just FYI, we've got some of our senior engineers looking into the "housing scan" issue. I don't have an ETA or anything, but it's definitely on the table.
E. Jeremy Dalberg
UO Community Coordinator
EA Mythic

I

imported_Gwyneth

<blockquote><hr>

I think, there will be one day, on which you can pickup stuff from the ground and have no storage for it and nobody, who would buy it from you.
You would be able to place houses, but unable to sell them. (On Drachenfels we have that situation already, that Keep spots are sitting unclaimed in the world.)
So I would be carefull with what you wish to get - you might become it - but with another outcome as expected.
*Salute*
Olahorand

[/ QUOTE ]
Although I confess to being happy about some nice items I've found at IDOCs, my heart kind of sinks every time a house falls. I wonder about the players who owned them... are they well... are they still alive... or did they just get bored and move on to some other game?

If too many move on, it doesn't bode well for UO. I'd rather not see a day when there are so few players that everyone can place a keep or castle.

G

They are probably going to wait until the new placement changes are in before working on what to do about all the houses that should have fallen a long time ago. It wouldn't be a high priority since there is plenty of housing space as it is.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is plenty of space. I was able to place a small tower within 7 days of returning to the game. Not that a small tower is a big deal but when i left the game there was no room even for the smallest house.

G

Beacuse i work my socks off in the week days and spend time at w/end playing uo??....

N

Noie

Ooo. Another big fall? The last one was worth ditching work for - I bet this one will be too. An ETA would be nice...need to know when to start leaving offerings for the flu faeries.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why do people always ask Jeremy for answers on the weekend?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I don't think its bad when people ask jeremy stuff on the weekend, they post and put it out there and she can respond if she wants when she sees it a couple days later.

What is bad is when someone makes a post on friday night or the weekend asking her something, and then replies to their own post an hour or two later all pissed off that they got no answer so far. Go drink a maragarita or something! It's the weekend, relax!

G

There's no shortage of housing space, so why be so anxious for new plots?

Personally I'd much rather see the house owners return than their plots falling. There's a steady stream of houses falling whenever I go nosing around, so why be so anxious for more anyway? *shrugs*

Wenchy

G

old bugged houses= old uo stuff up for grabs...

small bugged houses stopping keeps and or castle placements for peeps playing today...

old bugged keeps and castles need a new owner that will use it!!

bugged houses being used for for free for extra storage/ free storage etc by freinds or owners that still play but have got 'extra' bugges house too..

I

imported_Lord Kynd

with any luck EA will turn these old houses into rubble and make the spots non placable.

G

I'd still rather see the old players back than take what they used to own. I don't see a shortage of IDOCs and loot, quite the opposite in fact. Huge empty spaces in Fel, more than a few 18x18's sitting ready to place. I'm still getting rid of loot I acquired ages ago. If EA get round to dropping places that's fine, but I don't see any urgency in it. Hoping they delete houses of banned players too, otherwise we'll get more naughty items released into the wild.

And more castles? Have you seen fel lately? Heheh. It's getting to the point where an 18x18 is a starter home
I'd love to see less not more of those. Greedy land hogging monsters. I still have a lawyer trying to sue a few owners for injuries received when I ran headlong into their castle before the dang thing loaded on my face. Just as well we don't get scars in UO lol.

Wenchy

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Why do people always ask Jeremy for answers on the weekend?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I don't think its bad when people ask jeremy stuff on the weekend, they post and put it out there and she can respond if she wants when she sees it a couple days later.

What is bad is when someone makes a post on friday night or the weekend asking her something, and then replies to their own post an hour or two later all pissed off that they got no answer so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

-Skylark

G

On Europa anything with max. storage from 15x15 to 18x18s are a starter homes...there heaps of these size free to place... but the land is littered with 7x7s huta and small towers that have stood forever and a day- unpaid for and blocking other paying players to expand there own....DROP EM DEVS DROP EM!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

with any luck EA will turn these old houses into rubble and make the spots non placable.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a horrible idea.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'd still rather see the old players back than take what they used to own. I don't see a shortage of IDOCs and loot, quite the opposite in fact. Huge empty spaces in Fel, more than a few 18x18's sitting ready to place. I'm still getting rid of loot I acquired ages ago. If EA get round to dropping places that's fine, but I don't see any urgency in it. Hoping they delete houses of banned players too, otherwise we'll get more naughty items released into the wild.

[/ QUOTE ]

A majority of the houses have been around for 5-9 years, that's enough of EA dragging their feet imo. Most of those players you wouldn't want back in game anyway, not to mention the fact if you asked them today if they wanted to play UO they'd more than likely laugh. On the bright side most of the houses are all so old they don't contain items from 95% of the dupes UO has had over the years!

G

Nah, that just borders on greed and silliness. If they do it eventually, fine, but I fail to see why it's a priority for someone to be able to place castles
Nobody *needs* a castle. When I started out you were lucky to even find an 8x8 plot, nevermind afford it! Folks need to stop expecting everything on a plate in UO, including a mansion. Castles are getting to be bling now. Where once you looked up to folks with a castle, now they're just showoff material. It's daft.

I'd say leave EA to work on more important stuff and I'm sure they'll do a house scan once they've tested the new IDOC changes fully. Because if they drop houses before then and those changes *don't* work, we're all still screwed. There's no point in barfing up the house drop just because folks are anxious to get their hands on the loot.

Wenchy