• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hey Devs how about mage weapons ...

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Obviously the boards have mostly pvpers posting because pvp is the pinnacle of uo so they have free time to cry on the boards. Any property that gives you 100-120 pts is unbalanced use the skills afforded you as a mage wreslting and anatomy. If you don't understand weapon skill they are archery, macing, swords, and fencing. It wep skill vs wep skill to determine chance of being hit not mage vs wep skill. Its a cheat on the skill cap its obvious crying about you pvp mage wont change the fact. ADAPT No wep skill grants special moves with tactics so I fail to see why my facts are in question besides you abusing the pts system and not wanting to lose free skill pts for no risk.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Time to put an end to the property. It really cheapens the warrior classes of archery, macing, swords, and fencing that a mage can equipe a weapon and have up to 120 weapon skill by having 120 magery. No other skill gets a free additional 120 skill other then magery with this property. Most mages probably already use a spellbook and shield and use wrestling and anat/eval for protection. BUT bards and tamers can wear the swords of prosperity get an extra 200 luck and gain a weapon skill for free. This type of blatant work around of the skill cap needs to be addressed please.
/Signed

T

Turdnugget

How is using a -mage weapon only defensive? Ya you get the benefit of 120 in a weapon skill for defense... you say you can't do any specials w/out 90 tacs? What about Infectious Strike? Takes NO tactics. A lot of those mage templates run with poison... and can do Greater/DP/Lethal like that.

Oh, not to mention the -mage weapons with hit spell, mana leech, life leech, stamina leech, HLA,HLD... they do exist. They may cost a lot but that's not justification saying it's balanced.

If that's 'balanced' then maybe archers should be able to use an UBWS sword/fencing/mace weapon and a fencer can use a UBWS bow? That way they can enjoy the benefit of having 120 in a skill other than their real skill.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How is using a -mage weapon only defensive? Ya you get the benefit of 120 in a weapon skill for defense... you say you can't do any specials w/out 90 tacs? What about Infectious Strike? Takes NO tactics. A lot of those mage templates run with poison... and can do Greater/DP/Lethal like that.
I think you need actual weapon skill + poisoning in order to use infectous strike I could be wrong tho.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing I can say is LOL.

Why is it that Uhallers cry nerf so much!?!?

Complaining about mage weps? really?

Any time there is a creative template made someone complains.

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing I can say is LOL.

Why is it that Uhallers cry nerf so much!?!?

Complaining about mage weps? really?

Any time there is a creative template made someone complains.
What is creative about gaining an extra 120 skill pts? Its a simple thought process to take advantage of any property that allows you to maximize your template. Mage weapon is unbalanced, and currently that dev are working on balance issues. Perhaps you go be creative with 720 skill pts and then talk like you have some special insight. REALLY

G

Glacier-GL

Are you all seriously complaining about mage weps? :coco:

LMFAO

Someone got owned by a mage on their 50 EP 200m balanced archer and comes here to cry nerf? These items cost a ton of money to work this template. IT is PLENTY balanced.

I play both an archer and a mage and I can tell you 100% archers are far more unbalanced still rather than mages. Archers can dish out 30+ damage a shot within a couple seconds while on the run all the while being unable to die while on the run because of bandages that go off every few seconds for 40 healed damage, and an heal pot every 5 secs or so that does 40 more hp healed.

Lack of support, EP, Balanced, Greater Dragons (I hate these), etc... And you complain about mage weps? Mage weps? We're talking about Mage Weps. Man how the hell are mage weps making a mage insanely overpowered?
(my parody of AI's "practice" speech")

All I have left to type is. LMFAO

C

Calibretto

I guess you never played a necro mage with a mage weap only to be dismounted by a tamer and wrecked in 3 seconds?
I actully LOLed at this.

Dismounted and pet killed? Nah never happens on Siege.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is creative about gaining an extra 120 skill pts? Its a simple thought process to take advantage of any property that allows you to maximize your template. Mage weapon is unbalanced, and currently that dev are working on balance issues. Perhaps you go be creative with 720 skill pts and then talk like you have some special insight. REALLY
There are plenty of creative templates that mage weapons allow. You can make a ninja mage with hiding and stealth, I made a bushido/parry mage. There are many possibilities. And I am creative with 720 skill points. Mage weapons aren't going anywhere.

DEAL WITH IT.

And adapt - yes really.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It really cheapens the warrior classes of archery, macing, swords, and fencing...
Why not make this simple, some one lost Vamp Form and every one will pay for it.

How much longer until you demand DCI be a Warrior only mod making anyone that is NOT A WARRIOR unable to equip the item?

Oh wait, you are advocating that UO become a CLASS BASED GAME. No room for anyone to mix up skills in your world is there!

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not make this simple, some one lost Vamp Form and every one will pay for it.

How much longer until you demand DCI be a Warrior only mod making anyone that is NOT A WARRIOR unable to equip the item?

Oh wait, you are advocating that UO become a CLASS BASED GAME. No room for anyone to mix up skills in your world is there!
What are you talking about? Mage weapon property effects one skill magery period. It grants up to 120 bonus skill pts thereby allowing for 840 skill pts instead of 720. I could careless what your fanatstic sure to kill a playa in 10 seconds pvp template is you go on with your bad selves. I'm talking about a property that works around the skill cap. The rest of your rant I have no clue what point you were making. Also, although you rarely see it on the boards no many of the subscribers pvp there is also pvm avaliable. Tamer/mages, bard/mages are granted protection from critters as if they have 120 wep skill and also benefit from 200 extra luck. Not that many posters here care but luck grants you better loot. If your math is so bad you don't get 840 > 720 I can't help you.

G

gen2000

What are you talking about? Mage weapon property effects one skill magery period. It grants up to 120 bonus skill pts thereby allowing for 840 skill pts instead of 720. I could careless what your fanatstic sure to kill a playa in 10 seconds pvp template is you go on with your bad selves. I'm talking about a property that works around the skill cap. The rest of your rant I have no clue what point you were making. Also, although you rarely see it on the boards no many of the subscribers pvp there is also pvm avaliable. Tamer/mages, bard/mages are granted protection from critters as if they have 120 wep skill and also benefit from 200 extra luck. Not that many posters here care but luck grants you better loot. If your math is so bad you don't get 840 > 720 I can't help you.
If you don't care about how no mage weapons would affect pvp, then your opinion is worthless.. If mage weapon was removed from staff of magi, s.o.p. ect, tamer/mages and bard/mages that pvm wouldn't really notice any difference in their play style. If mage weapons were removed from a pvp stand point, it would basicly remove a class from pvp. Monsters don't have hit chance increase or hit lower defense... Monster don't run at mount speeds spamming ai's and conc blows... I have a tamer that uses a scrappers and sheild with 0 wrestling and I have NO problems with pvm, I can get all dreadhorn keys solo in 30 mins! So saying your concerned about the trammy aspect of mage weapons really makes me LOL!!

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't care about how no mage weapons would affect pvp, then your opinion is worthless.. If mage weapon was removed from staff of magi, s.o.p. ect, tamer/mages and bard/mages that pvm wouldn't really notice any difference in their play style. If mage weapons were removed from a pvp stand point, it would basicly remove a class from pvp. Monsters don't have hit chance increase or hit lower defense... Monster don't run at mount speeds spamming ai's and conc blows... I have a tamer that uses a scrappers and sheild with 0 wrestling and I have NO problems with pvm, I can get all dreadhorn keys solo in 30 mins! So saying your concerned about the trammy aspect of mage weapons really makes me LOL!!
Or as Occam's Razor would indicate, the simpler answer is not being concerned with Trammels welfare but rather Righteous Retaliation.

My tamers use the Mage -0 weapons and 45% DCI. This is about the only things that allow them to tame Greater Dragons and Cu's, without using Honor. Well I guess you could add the LMAO Exploit of eating an Orange Peel before trying to tame a GD.

One really needs to ask how much longer before they Claim DCI to be the exclusive domain of the Warriors, as in a class based system.

K

ken01

OK dont gank me I do not pvp so not sure if I am totally understanding . The Pvpers do not like it because you can get one with dci making you harder to hit not because you are actually hitting them with it. But you can equip any weapon mage or not and you will get any dci or other defense benefits from it skill or no skill. I have a kryss with 29 resists on it .If i give it to my mage he is all 70s . So really unless I am not getting something as far as pvp it should be a moot point any wep will give you its mods. Now as far as pvm and getting looting rights with peerless yes it is a def adv for a mage I can kill fairly high mobs with it reserving magery itself for the toughest.

G

gen2000

Or as Occam's Razor would indicate, the simpler answer is not being concerned with Trammels welfare but rather Righteous Retaliation.

My tamers use the Mage -0 weapons and 45% DCI. This is about the only things that allow them to tame Greater Dragons and Cu's, without using Honor. Well I guess you could add the LMAO Exploit of eating an Orange Peel before trying to tame a GD.

One really needs to ask how much longer before they Claim DCI to be the exclusive domain of the Warriors, as in a class based system.

Yea, it would suck for you if they removed mage weapons, but you do have the option of honor to tame ur dragons.. A necro/mage with 0 wrestling or mage weapon can't use honor if an archer is chasing them with moving shot, or a dexxor is chain ai, conc blowing you...

This is the standard necro/mage temp..

Eval 120
Magery 120
Resist 120
Med 120
Necro 120
SS 120

If mage weapons were removed you would have to drop med for wrestle, and just to have a chance of staying alive against an archer or dexxor, but then you wouldn't have enough mana to kill anybody..

So.. you would have to drop necro/ss completely and go with wrestle/scribe, but then "most" wouldn't be able to deal enough damage to kill an archer/dexxor with all the ep/chuggin, 4sec aids, evasion..

Personally I don't think the devs would be stupid enough to remove them and complete unbalance what little balance we do have in pvp right now..

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, it would suck for you if they removed mage weapons, but you do have the option of honor to tame ur dragons.. A necro/mage with 0 wrestling or mage weapon can't use honor if an archer is chasing them with moving shot, or a dexxor is chain ai, conc blowing you...

Eval 120
Magery 120
Resist 120
Med 120
Necro 120
SS 120

If mage weapons were removed you would have to drop med for wrestle, and just to have a chance of staying alive against an archer or dexxor, but then you wouldn't have enough mana to kill anybody..

So.. you would have to drop necro/ss completely and go with wrestle/scribe, but then "most" wouldn't be able to deal enough damage to kill an archer/dexxor with all the ep/chuggin, 4sec aids, evasion..

Personally I don't think the devs would be stupid enough to remove them and complete unbalance what little balance we do have in pvp right now..
*Shrug* I keep both Tamers at Max Honor :)

Yeah I agree this kind of proposed change serves no one, from an overall game perspective.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK dont gank me I do not pvp so not sure if I am totally understanding . The Pvpers do not like it because you can get one with dci making you harder to hit not because you are actually hitting them with it. But you can equip any weapon mage or not and you will get any dci or other defense benefits from it skill or no skill. I have a kryss with 29 resists on it .If i give it to my mage he is all 70s . So really unless I am not getting something as far as pvp it should be a moot point any wep will give you its mods. Now as far as pvm and getting looting rights with peerless yes it is a def adv for a mage I can kill fairly high mobs with it reserving magery itself for the toughest.
But wouldn't you agree that the majority of Mage Weapons impose a penalty? That penalty being in the form of a Deduction from their Mage Level?

Only what 3 weapons well maybe 4, have -0, all the rest are what -20 or greater?

Yes of course the -N can be offset by adding jewelry but isnt that in its own way a penalty? I mean any way you look at it your being required to forfeit jewelry skill points (aka absorb the lost skill points, with the exception of the 3 or 4 -0 weapons).

In addition as has been pointed out, you do not get any of the benefits of the weapons skill, from an offensive perspective, other than the ability to swing the weapon and do minor damage.

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad you got a good laugh, but just because you pvp doesn't mean a thing to me. Pvp are the self proclaimed elite of uo I'm sure you can make do with 720 skill pts like the rest of the classes. Ofcourse you maynot even be a pvper and just have a different opinion so be it. My tamer running around with 200+ luck and a suit with 23 physical resist would have issues with most critters I hunt with my drag. Maybe you don't use luck maybe you just cycle and repeat dreadhorn to quote you who cares. 720 is the skill cap and shoud be balanced out so this property should be removed in my opinion notice I said not your opinion

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Eval 120
Magery 120
Resist 120
Med 120
Necro 120
SS 120

Why not drop 120 resist? Do archers and dexxors cast spells at you?

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What exactly do you mean this is the second time you have accused me of retaliation? Perhaps your an english professor? I teach math and 840 skill pts is more that 720 balance is all I ask from the devs not you fella/lady

K

ken01

But wouldn't you agree that the majority of Mage Weapons impose a penalty? That penalty being in the form of a Deduction from their Mage Level?

Only what 3 weapons well maybe 4, have -0, all the rest are what -20 or greater?

Yes of course the -N can be offset by adding jewelry but isnt that in its own way a penalty? I mean any way you look at it your being required to forfeit jewelry skill points (aka absorb the lost skill points, with the exception of the 3 or 4 -0 weapons).

In addition as has been pointed out, you do not get any of the benefits of the weapons skill, from an offensive perspective, other than the ability to swing the weapon and do minor damage.
Yes I dont see mage weps as greatly aiding pvp and would pref they stay as I do use for pvm. Tho I also see the point some posters are claiming as it being a simple end around the skill cap . IF thats the basic argument they have some point tho without it being a big help in pvp I dont see how it matters any more than all the other end arounds and odditys for ex if certain quivers aiding non archers.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Chance to hit*

120 weapon skill vs. 0 weapon skill = 100% chance to hit

120 weapon skill vs. 120 weapon skill = 50% chance to hit

I dunno about you guys, but reducing your chance to get hit by 50% seems like a rather large bonus for a 0 skill point investment.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I dont see mage weps as greatly aiding pvp and would pref they stay as I do use for pvm. Tho I also see the point some posters are claiming as it being a simple end around the skill cap . IF thats the basic argument they have some point tho without it being a big help in pvp I dont see how it matters any more than all the other end arounds and odditys for ex if certain quivers aiding non archers.
Of course and as you point out the game is laced with all the circumvents, so why pick on one that hurts no one.

Other than the obvious.

L

laurlo

I don't think mage weapons are that unbalancing.. usually one does not have the supplementary skills to complement it.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not the mage weapon property that is unbalancing its +skill items that allow you to make up the magery that is supposed to be taken off with the -20+ magery. Could the unbalance be the reason All -0 mage weapons are 2 handed weapons? Like I said before the only fix for it is not to let +skill items take you over the GM mark anything gm+ would have to be real skill. Once this game leans more to skill vs items then it would be a more balanced game and one a new player can get into.

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that's so stupid Im not even going to give you an explanation...
Then why make the post. Most of my friends that pvp with dexxors run without resist. Perhaps you are very closed minded, and not so bright sorry I can't use pictures and diagrams.

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course and as you point out the game is laced with all the circumvents, so why pick on one that hurts no one.

Other than the obvious.
Ofcouse the skills hurts people. When one property allows you to run with 120 more skill pts. I assume that was the OBVIOUS you mentioned glad to see your coming around on the whole 820 skill pts.

WWGRD?

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Chance to hit*

120 weapon skill vs. 0 weapon skill = 100% chance to hit

120 weapon skill vs. 120 weapon skill = 50% chance to hit

I dunno about you guys, but reducing your chance to get hit by 50% seems like a rather large bonus for a 0 skill point investment.
How do you get it's a 0 skill investment? I certainly invested my 120 points of magery. And I had 120 points invested into a weapon skill, until everyone cried rivers about mages not having meditation.

You want to pancake and moan about items replacing a skill, take a look at trapped crates completely replacing resist.

yardman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to be honest they do have advantages, enough to nerf them??? to each thier own on those opinions. i know i have more advantage with my mage wep -21mage scno 14dci 13hci 34harm 40dmg increase if you get the right wep it can add alot of help versus a dexxor total your dci to 70 with a corpse proof suit for the pesky necro/mages its pretty hard to beat damn near equal to a archer or a gimp tamer

G

gen2000

So... A mage with a mage weapon has 840 skill points... and they are overpowered? If so, why can't a single person complaining stand a snowballs chance in hell of killing my dexxor that only has 720 skill points? Because boys and girls.. What looks overpowered on paper don't make it so in actual game play. If mage weapons truely give you 840 skill points then mages would be the best temp for all aspects of uo but that's not the case..

A

Abyss

I can tell you now, if they change mage weaps from their current use this game will become Roxxor Dexxor Online.

Also, I would like to point out that those awesome little Trapped boxes and Apples most dexxers carry replace magic resist so welcome to the 840 skill club bro's and sis's.

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can tell you now, if they change mage weaps from their current use this game will become Roxxor Dexxor Online.

Also, I would like to point out that those awesome little Trapped boxes and Apples most dexxers carry replace magic resist so welcome to the 840 skill club bro's and sis's.
Can you 840 skill pt mages not also carry trapped boxes and apples? By your own argument you could have 960 pts? There is life in uo besides pvp if mages are no overpowered with 840 skill pts perhaps the problem is the player not the character. BUT I never claimed overpowered or godlike I simply stated the property in unbalanced by allowing 120 skill pts above the 720 cap. If you have issues with trapped boxes and apples that should be a different thread.

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Perhaps you are wrong? Or are you Nostradamus. Either way its the only property on items that allows an extra 120 skill pts. In my opinion, the balance this dev team is seeking is keep the 720 as the skill cap. Now jewels and other magic items that can pump up skills as much as +20 do not seem to be an issue. 840 > 720 or 960>840 no matter how you slice it, I call it unbalanced

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think mage weapons should be left alone. As someone else pointed out, without tactics or dex, you don't get the special moves nor the damage capacity.

All the -0 magery arty weapons are pretty weak. If you are talking about loot/crafted weapons, remember that this takes 1 propety, spell channeling takes a second, +1 FC to negate the -1 from SC takes a 3rd. Leaving only 2 more possible mods on the weapon. Plus you need +magery mods on your suit (mainly jewelry) to balance out the -magery. Not going to make a good weapon in PVM or PVP.

It has its uses in specific situations, but I don't think it's unbalancing and requires a nerf.

G

gen2000

Can you 840 skill pt mages not also carry trapped boxes and apples? By your own argument you could have 960 pts? There is life in uo besides pvp if mages are no overpowered with 840 skill pts perhaps the problem is the player not the character. BUT I never claimed overpowered or godlike I simply stated the property in unbalanced by allowing 120 skill pts above the 720 cap. If you have issues with trapped boxes and apples that should be a different thread.
Obviously you dont pvp or you would have some sort of clue...

The problem isn't the player..lmfao As I stated eariler, I don't care if you add up the skills to 1200 total with items... The simple fact remains that mage/necro ; mage/scribe are not equal to bush/ep dexxors... So taking away mage weapons would require major changes to the entire pvp system.

If mage/tamer ; mage/bard is your only concern then I say.. "if the char has taming or a total of so many barding skills, then the mage weapon property is null..." ******** huh? lol

Also.. How can I make a 840 skill point mage to solo peerless? (and tamers are not mages)
................... OH that's right.. I CANT!!

......But I can do it with a 740 skill point dexxxor...

Please explain how that is balanced!!

drawn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get a free 120 skill points and 21 DCI to boot! Yea, dexxors are SOOOO overpowered :(

http://i35.***********/52mo1i.jpg

T

Turdnugget

Before trapped crates were trapped pouches. Did the same thing but only one charge per bag. Magic Reflect would also need to be brought back the way it WAS if they intend to get rid of crates.

Enigma, you say a mage weapon does very little damage. I beg to differ, most mages will hit for anywhere's from 6-11 points from just the weapon alone. Add on top of that a hit spell on the weapon doing another 8-12 damage. Now say the necro/mage w/mage weapon that has fireball on it has already EO/cursed, EO/corpse skin their opponent. Now take into account the damage from the weapon can do. I wouldn't say it's weak by any means, under those circumstances I'd say you could get a decent 20pt hit out of one swing. 20 points damage can be the breaking point in a fight.

I for one don't really care about the -mage weapons. I just find it odd how sometimes I can rarely hit someone with their 120 magery + mage wep/crystal ring and 45 dci when I've got just as high weapon skill + 45 DCI. I guess game mechanics either love you or hate you from day to day.

I for one prefer a hybrid mage because I like to use weapon specials. The first mage I ever had in UO was a swords mage back in the day before item warfare. Hence the reason i've always preferred a hybrid. It's more of a challenge and fun to play.

drawn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

right.... mana vamp anyone? or has EO paralyze against 120 resist been fixed yet? :loser:

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flipping the argument on its head for a moment, would anyone ever consider adding a "chivilry weapon" or a "ninjitsu weapon"? or a "spellweaving weapon"? If it's a good mechanic for magery, why not for other spellcasters?

T

Turdnugget

Maple... that would be interesting. I dunno how well the chivalry would work since I don't know many who run w/high enough chiv to make something like that useful. Ninjitsu could be interesting...someone running in wolf form, DP stars/darts + weapon not using specials. It could definately create some crazy templates.

Dunno how unbalanced things would become but it's definately something to think about.

drawn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flipping the argument on its head for a moment, would anyone ever consider adding a "chivilry weapon" or a "ninjitsu weapon"? or a "spellweaving weapon"? If it's a good mechanic for magery, why not for other spellcasters?
I agree- what about a chiv or bushido or ninjitsu or spellweaving, necro.... wep BUT we need a rare drop like a crystalline with a different +20 property.

G

gen2000

Now say the necro/mage w/mage weapon that has fireball on it has already EO/cursed, EO/corpse skin their opponent. Now take into account the damage from the weapon can do. I wouldn't say it's weak by any means, under those circumstances I'd say you could get a decent 20pt hit out of one swing. 20 points damage can be the breaking point in a fight.
If you get hit for 20 from a mage weapon and a fireball then your suit must be horrible!!

T

Turdnugget

Maples idea would definately make those higher PS for those skills worth more than a couple gold pieces.

Necro already has the Midnight bracers... would work aight if they bumped up resists a bit.

I could see them doing that with the weapon being more related to that skill though. Like the chiv weapon being a super slayer for undead/demon. Necro being able to summon stronger undead from corpses? Dunno bout SW. Bushido giving you a better % chance to block? (<--could be complained about ppl being too hard to hit) Ninja giving you... I dunno on that one.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enigma, you say a mage weapon does very little damage.
Yes I did say the Mage weapon does very little damage.

With all due respect, you augmented the damage with template damage.

To put it in a perspective, do you honestly see a Mage or Tamer or Bard going around being a Swordsman, Macer with any one of the 4 -0 Mage weapons? I mean it is rather funny don't you think? If they were into melee then I would think they would go the full 10 yards and get all the benefits.

So their primary purpose if for defense.

T

Turdnugget

Enigma, no sh*t Sherlock it's primary purpose is for defense. But I noted that it CAN be used for offense too. It's not just the benefit of DCI, if a necro/mage EO/Exp/FS someone and runs up and hits them with their mage weapon that has Hit Fireball/HLA/HLD/HML or whatever it will do an extra 15+ damage give or take. That's another free spell pretty much. Ya it's not their main source of damage, I was just stating that it's not just DEFENSE that people use them for. They're also good for interuppting casting just by hitting them with melee dmg doing extra dmg for free.

I'm suprised you haven't brough anything in this thread about overrunning Trammel and forcing PvP into Trammel ruleset yet.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What saddens me is somewhere there is a Dev that is actually listening to this crap.