• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Heritage - A modern free shard

Dan(Tasanar)

Journeyman
Professional
UNLEASHED
1000004417.png
Heritage is a free UO shard that launched in January of 2016.

We strive to emulate the combat mechanics and basic skill systems of modern UO while leveraging our programming experience to create a balanced world that feels similar but is also unique in many ways. While we follow the general path of modern UO’s development we use our own knowledge and ability to look back at what has not worked in UO over the years to tailor, what we believe to be, a more balanced shard.

For the last seven years, we have investigated and fixed thousands of bugs for the ServUO emulator while also accumulating over 7,500 posts of valuable information. We do our best to address and fix bugs reported to us right away.

SHARD INFORMATION
Login: play.trueuo.com
Port: 2593
Accounts per IP: 4
Accounts on at one time: 3
Skill cap: 720
Stat cap: 260
Ruleset: Modern UO with all Facets. Expansion EJ+

Join the UO Heritage Discord Server! - Come browse the Discord or Website - TrueUO.com - Your UO Home where various live stats are displayed:

Heritage.png

When I played UO I played on Atlantic as Mr. Nice of ATLC.

Last edited:

Dorset

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great work on the server, really good to see what you have done with your version of the game.

Thumbs up :thumbsup:

Dan(Tasanar)

Journeyman
Professional
UNLEASHED
Heritage has begun to update a lot of older systems while adding in some new QOL content.

Two small but upgrades I'd like to spotlight:

Next we have Item Search. A new option for home owners to instantly search and confirm/deny the existence of an item in that house. I know I always hated digging through all my chests looking for something.
unknown-5.png
Stuff.png

Vendor logging for vendor owners:
VendorLogs.png

Check us out @ TrueUO.com

Attachments

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ohhh wow I love this!!! :D

The Heritage House Content Searching System
  • This system allows a house owner to search all the contents within their house from one easy to use menu.
  • If the item is inside a container it will also allow you to open that container to inspect/retrieve items.
  • To utilize this system simply click on your house sign once and select "Item Search".
    • Conditions to access:
      • Must be the house owner.
      • Must be inside the house while using the menu/attempt to open containers.

1622800165994.png 1622800165994.png

Dan(Tasanar)

Journeyman
Professional
UNLEASHED
Ohhh wow I love this!!! :D

The Heritage House Content Searching System
  • This system allows a house owner to search all the contents within their house from one easy to use menu.
  • If the item is inside a container it will also allow you to open that container to inspect/retrieve items.
  • To utilize this system simply click on your house sign once and select "Item Search".
    • Conditions to access:
      • Must be the house owner.
      • Must be inside the house while using the menu/attempt to open containers.
View attachment 119955 View attachment 119955
Thanks!

There is a short clip of it in action on this reddit post I made.

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The number of times I thought I lost something but it was just in a container and I missed it, this is a real step forward for people like me who label chests and then just dump stuff in the wrong ones....:oops:

Dan(Tasanar)

Journeyman
Professional
UNLEASHED
The Summer Festival season is fast approaching on Heritage with various events coming up. Now is a great time to check us out. No custom files needed to play. If interested join our Discord community @

(3) Upcoming Event - July 8th - Heritage will have been online for 2,000 days | TrueUO.com
In 2018 we created and handed out the Ice White Ostard to commemorate 1,000 days online. Three years later and here we are again!

Log on July 8th from 8am to 8pm EST, visit the "Statue of Time" right outside Luna, and double click the Ostard statue to earn your very own Ice Green Ostard Statuette Commemorating 2000 Days Online. (1 per account, 4 total)
Statue.png

Some newly added systems:
  • Updated animal trainer Claims list for managing lots of pets:
  • ClaimList3.png
    • Clicking on Lore & Knowledge opens the pets Lore menu, while it remains stabled.
    • Hovering over the actual icon of the pet will display the pets name, Pet slots (current and max), and color (if it has a color).
    • Clicking the icon of the pet will attempt to claim the pet.
  • City Governorship status menu
    • Statues.png
      • Allows shard members a way to better follow city election cycles, who the Governor is, and buff status.

Dan(Tasanar)

Journeyman
Professional
UNLEASHED
Heritage's Summer Festival is going on now!

Check out:

Heritage Summer Festival July 15th - August 15th. Delucia Commons Trammel.
Screenshot_20210801-092036_DuckDuckGo.jpg
This year players can earn tickets for completing various daily quests and participating in events. Tickets can be exchanged for various rewards at the Summer Festival Grounds in Delucia.

Ways to earn tickets:
  • Daily quests
    • 4 quests can be completed daily, per character, for various amounts of tickets. The quest givers can be found in the Festival Grounds and are uniquely marked.
  • Orcish invasion of Papua
    • The big dinosaurs now roaming T2A have forced the orcs to band together and move out of their traditional hunting grounds. Their attacks on Papua must be beaten back. Attacks occur once an hour and the boss has some unique prizes and tickets to loot.
  • Participating in various events during the festival:
    • There will be a posted fishing contest, monster bash, and more. Tickets will be rewarded for participating.

As always a few smaller additions and rewards will get added after the first week of the event to keep things feeling fresh. Remember to check this post from time to time as new content/changes are noted.

Important Dates
July 15th - Festival starts.
August 1st - Fishing contest dates and prizes announced.
August 8th - Heritages 1st Players Rare Festival. (More to follow)
August 15th - Festival ends.
September 1st - reward NPC and any remaining tickets/points purged from the shard.

Dan(Tasanar)

Journeyman
Professional
UNLEASHED
Heritage is still going strong!

Check out some of our recent patch notes:

Free to play and actively developed and maintained with no custom files or downloads needed.

Dan(Tasanar)

Journeyman
Professional
UNLEASHED
On January 15th, 2024, Heritage will be turning 8 years old! To celebrate we want to give you the chance to own a physical copy of our shared Ultima Online Heritage, while also turning the spotlight on our everlasting community.

The free shard Heritage opened on January 15th, 2016, and it has been online ever since. Briefly serving as the ServUO test shard, the ServUO versions of the pet training revamp, vendor search, VvV, and so much more were all originally tested and coded on Heritage.

Heritage is still going strong today with plans to expand and even offer some custom expansions in the not-too-distant future.

Check out our server and enter in-game for a chance to win a sealed copy of Ultima Online: The Second Age (1998).
IP = play.trueuo.com
Port = 2593
Normal client/Orion/CUO Web&Client supported.

20231214_122306.jpg
Notice: The winner will need to share a valid mailing address to receive their prize. Will ship from the US using USPS to any valid worldwide address they support.

Contest Information:
Raffle1.png
  • Players can visit New Haven and purchase an unlimited number of tickets from our raffle stone.
    • Tickets cost 1,000gp each.
    • The raffle stone will automatically pick and display a winner at the end of the raffle.
  • The raffle will end on 2/15/2024 @ noon EST.

What happens if you win:
  • Should you be the lucky winner you will simply need to send me a private message on these forums here:
  • In that message simply give me the name of the in-game character in possession of the reward deed along with a valid mailing address and contact information.
DISCLAIMER: We will mail the prize anywhere in the world using USPS-certified mail with a tracking number. However, it will require the winner to provide a valid mailing address.

Tracking information can be validated here:

View original post here: (1) Active Promotion - Heritage 8th Year Anniversary Raffle - Win A Sealed Copy Of Ultima Online T2A (1998) | TrueUO.com

Last edited: