• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Here's my 2 cents on FOO

S

Sin-Vigor

What the [censored]?

Seriously?

I thought you guys were a PvP guild. You guys are GWing champs and doing 4am harrowers.

Let's get real here ok guys?

Honestly, I have mass respect for the way you guys PvP. You have excellent players (cloud, casper, six, bum, just to name a few) who know what they are doing and are really good at UO. This isn't pvp guys, this is disrespect for the fel community. Total disrespect. You will find FL at any battle (where there's the risk vs. reward factor) no matter what the numbers are like.

Honestly I'm in pure shock. A guild with your stature throughout the pvp community should be making things more interesting. Who cares if you lose a spawn or a harrower? You're all rich as [censored] anyways.

You are the second main pvp guild on pac and we rely on you to spice up the excitement in fel and you guys aren't doing it at all.

Guardwhacking champs?

4 AM harrowers?

I know I'm just a speck in the FL army but if this [censored] keeps up I'm moving over to Sonoma (not like you guys care) where people actually fight.

Please, stop killing the PvP community. Like it or not, we're all in this together.

My two cents.

N

NoBuddy

That's like $1.50 worth of silly talk.

The true $.02 on FL......Trash. Largest PvP guild in UO by almost double (2nd largest guild overall) that are just a bunch of nobodies thinking they're somebodies. MAYBE 2-3 guys in entire guild who can PvP decently, and only one guy in the whole guild with integrity, modesty, humility and a sense of honor, and that's Papa.

G

<blockquote><hr>

What the [censored]?

Seriously?

I thought you guys were a PvP guild. You guys are GWing champs and doing 4am harrowers.

Let's get real here ok guys?

Honestly, I have mass respect for the way you guys PvP. You have excellent players (cloud, casper, six, bum, just to name a few) who know what they are doing and are really good at UO. This isn't pvp guys, this is disrespect for the fel community. Total disrespect. You will find FL at any battle (where there's the risk vs. reward factor) no matter what the numbers are like.

Honestly I'm in pure shock. A guild with your stature throughout the pvp community should be making things more interesting. Who cares if you lose a spawn or a harrower? You're all rich as [censored] anyways.

You are the second main pvp guild on pac and we rely on you to spice up the excitement in fel and you guys aren't doing it at all.

Guardwhacking champs?

4 AM harrowers?

I know I'm just a speck in the FL army but if this [censored] keeps up I'm moving over to Sonoma (not like you guys care) where people actually fight.

Please, stop killing the PvP community. Like it or not, we're all in this together.

My two cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sad thing about this thread is I believe FL over any Foo..................
Foo = Spawning Guild
FL = 1/2 spawners 1/4 pvpers, 1/4 trammies.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this thread is awesome.

i popped the harrower about 1230 my time when i got off work which is 930 p.s.t.

i was killin fl repeatedly and became bored and went to bed. thats how much foo cares about scrolls.

i did it cause i can. sad thing is i bet FL sat in a house for 2 hours before they even attempted to fight us.

B

borno006

<blockquote><hr>

Honestly, I have mass respect for the way you guys PvP.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats all you needed to say. Sin, were friends, back from ucb/t*a vs FL days. FO_O is a different animal, just keep it at that. They dont have the type of standands or norms or PVP etiquette that you are use to. They do what they want, how they want, and when they want. So anything that anybody says about that is really wasting their time and breath. Just giving you a heads up bro.

Istoli/Anubis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The harry was up a long time, not our fault that some people decided to finish it.

GWing champs?

That means we do not want a fight? Or does it mean we want to preserve more of a fight, for if FL gets control of a champ and kills it, they will turtle into the star room. Yes, that is far more enjoyable.

You guys have been bickering over the SAME things for how many years now?

Good god.

G

Only one guild has figured out the ultimate system in this game and that would be VaMp [With the consent of LOLz] from Lake Austin, they can spawn freely all day long as they choose or pvp off shard either as a guild or an individual and nothing will ever change that.

G

This thread cleanup has been brought to you by the letters A, B, C &amp; D:
<blockquote><hr>

A. Show respect at all times.

B. Help build the Community. The success of our forums depends upon the quality posts of our participants. We are proud of the success of our forums and give our thanks to those who have chosen to make our forums their out-of-game home. To ensure continued success we are posting these guidelines so that all participants of the Stratics forums understand what is considered unacceptable behavior in the forums and can result in a temporary suspension or a permanent ban.

C. Personal attacks are prohibited.This specifically means any text/post that is blatantly attacking another person on or off the forum, especially in a personal way.

D. Trolling is prohibited.Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the board. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run, it only encourages personal attacks (if left unchecked).

[/ QUOTE ]
Calling people idiots, morons, etc is a no-no here. I was pretty certain that this much was clear, but once again I underestimate the Pacific community's knack for ignoring the rules just to verbally pwn someone on a damn forum.

Let's get real, indeed.

S

Sin-Vigor

Remember this Sheridan, we're UO pvpers. If we saw one another out of game we would (as pathetic as it is) probably beat the [censored] out of eachother!

And VAMP if you're so tough bring your silly ass to Pac where the big boys play.

L

Lord_Asterix

<blockquote><hr>

Remember this Sheridan, we're UO pvpers. If we saw one another out of game we would (as pathetic as it is) probably beat the [censored] out of eachother!

And VAMP if you're so tough bring your silly ass to Pac where the big boys play.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are some of us PvP'rs who have dignity and respect.

N

NoBuddy

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a dumb statement. Not only would that not be in your best interest, it's actually quite the contrary. Sure, some are as annoying and immature irl as in-game, but most in-game competitors (including FL/FOO) actually get along irl. As PvPers, there's still a small sense of role play.

Bryon Frost

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

GWing champs?

That means we do not want a fight? Or does it mean we want to preserve more of a fight, for if FL gets control of a champ and kills it, they will turtle into the star room. Yes, that is far more enjoyable.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't preserve a fight but having FOO spread across T2A in groups of 1 or 2 and luring the champ to various guard zones. That is stalling enough to get it to the guard zone. Please don't defend it as "preserving more of a fight." As I have played lately I don't remember turtling to the star room really ever, the fights end up at Moonglow gate or still in T2A, etc.

S

Sin-Vigor

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell that to the PO_O who were dueljumping.

O

OptPrime

You'll have to excuse Vigor. His whining may be a bit increased due to the intense fear he's devoloped about Lake Austin.

It'll be okay potty mouth.

L

Lord_Asterix

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell that to the PO_O who were dueljumping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell it to your own guild who duel jumps after losing.

S

Sin-Vigor

Personally, I have never seen this happen.

But in the words of SixUnder, I don't condone these actions.

:&gt;

K

Kissey

I guess its 4:30am pst and kinda funny what I ran across as its 7:30am est...

L

Lord_Asterix

3 people doing a champ spawn. Do you want a cookie or something?

S

Sin-Vigor

Looks like 5 newbs chaining despise at early hours because they can't do [censored] on primetime like a real guild.

I

imported_Vexxed

lol Vigor learn to think....

Taking pics of a spawn being done early morning does NOT prove that the same guild cannot do one primetime... That's like trying to prove that a man is immortal...... You can't do it, but on the other hand it's quite easy to prove that a man is mortal... What I'm getting at is unless you show a dsp pic every 5 minutes for 24 hours you have no proof (&amp; even if you did that it's only valid for that 1 day heh)... blah blah blah... people speaking in absolutes.....

Morph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 people ? I see 4 does that mean someone was double clienting ?

Awaiting another logical excuse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

Sin-Vigor

Not really playing UO atm but I've never seen PO_O pull off a successful primetime spawn.

L

Lord_Asterix

<blockquote><hr>

2 people ? I see 4 does that mean someone was double clienting ?

Awaiting another logical excuse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a point? Go ask Athene about this...

O

OptPrime

Lake Austin has Sin-Vigor so scared that he is not finding the will to login anylonger.

I dont blame you, Sin.

K

Kissey

So,,,Perish, Don of the Dead(who did come repop despise for another 2 candle spawn, but never made it back before server down) Shaqfu, Tweasabella, Sunshine &amp; lets not bother mentioning the thief Fenster who they prolly had no idea was there either...I guess to count names of tags I had pulled was a total of 5...not 2 regardless if someone is playing more than one char it still counts as a Charactor. I just found it amusing that although it was 7:30am my time thats a 3 hour time difference for Pacific Time...I doubt it makes much difference to most but I thought some might be amused....I am sure there might even been a point proven...

N

NoBuddy

Our definition of a successful primetime spawn is popping it, working it to 3rd or 4th level then sit on it til FL shows up for a fight. We win some, we lose some, we finish some spawns, we lose some spawns, but either way it was successful cause we got the fight....IF FL shows up.

A point proven? I suppose it was proven that people still play after the fights are over, apparently including yourself Kiss.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Our definition of a successful <font color="red">primetime </font> spawn is popping it, working it to 3rd or 4th level then sit on it til FL shows up for a fight. We win some, we lose some, we finish some spawns, we lose some spawns, but either way it was successful cause we got the fight....IF FL shows up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny highlited

Is 1am to 7am now considered prime time?

Is scattering and gwacking the champ considered a fight?

How about the ever famous ICQ FL about a spawn mere seconds before the champ is dead? Is that looking for a fight?

The Foo mouth pieces are saying one thing but their actions have shown the complete opposite.

The fights we do catch are entertaining to me alive or dead.

N

NoBuddy

*rolls eyes* More propoganda, but I would expect nothing less from the FL spin machine.

G

<blockquote><hr>

*rolls eyes* More propoganda, but I would expect nothing less from the FL spin machine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Propaganda is telling falsehoods. Please tell me where I am being false?

I've lost count of how many times FOO has ICQ'd one of my guildmates to "come raid us, we are doing despise". Only to check and see Baracoon at quarter life. <font color="red">TRUTH</font>

Or how about the several gwacked champs they have done recently while scattering before the hoard? I've personally seen this happen three times now and heard about it a few other times.<font color="red">TRUTH</font>

Or how often do they do the 1am to 6am PST "primetime" champs for the "PvP"? I've lost count of how often I hear about those the next day. <font color="red">TRUTH</font>

Just because YOU may not be participating with your guild doing the above doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Does FL win every fight we get into? No.

Did we force the above activities? Absolutely.

Trying to deny the above items will only make people have an even harder time believing other claims in the future you might make.

Istoli/Anubis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
believe claims? its ULTIMA ONLINE

seriously people, calm down and just play. we have done many "prime time" whatevers and so have you. usually you have 10 more people then us but not all the time. when you dont. you USUALLY die. but not always.

cant we just kill each other instead of you guys pretending you have the shard on total lock down. with the amount of members you have if we are doing a despise you should know about it. why should we icq you? you dont icq us. you make a post when your going to do a harry with 30-40 people but thats about it.

i am so sick of the constant bickering back and forth over the SAME exact things that have been going on for a few years now.

omfg fl has 34092348 members

omfg you guys hide and only do these when we dont have 293847120934 members on

just die. everyone. just DIE in uo. its that simple. or maybe when i can start telling people about how much i pwn at uo and rule a couple dead shards (i.e. sonoma) and it actually MEANS something. i would support this pointless bickering.

but honestly people, stop wasting your time. for you will no longer waste mine!

N

NoBuddy

Again, more propoganda. If I spent time trying to debunk all the BS spin FL threw out there, I'd never play. Quit being a board jockey and come fight, that's where it's all settled.

K

Kissey

My pics are time stamped at what time it is in Indiana which is Eastern Time Zone,,,fyi that is a 3 hour time difference from Pacific Time... I guess if Pictures dont show who is where doing what...believe what you wanna,,,I will believe what I can picture.

I

imported_Vexxed

lol.... 2 Dual clients going on so that's 3 WHOLE people omg! Nice to know you enjoy watching spawns as much as they do doing em... oh yeah.... What else are they supposed to do at that time if they on and borred? I mean it's not like there's 15 of em on at serverup cleaning up Rat spawns in T2A to limit the pvp on pac ......

K

Kissey

Duelclienting? Notice my uo assist isnt working but I can open thru using the uo icon in the ea folder....If someone can get me past the updating screen that would be the nicest help.... atleast I do not hide the task bar like some do...in case you dont notice that my assist isnt working or updating &amp; I am not running anything excess just having a blah day with my stupid assist thing.

O

OptPrime

<blockquote><hr>

My pics are time stamped at what time it is in Indiana which is Eastern Time Zone,,,fyi that is a 3 hour time difference from Pacific Time... I guess if Pictures dont show who is where doing what...believe what you wanna,,,I will believe what I can picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.. one is from pacific one is from sonoma.. one is a kiss the other is dream's kiss.. whos not duel clienting? rofl

L

Lord_Asterix

lol ya I noticed that. She waffles and complains about others doing it then does it herself. She has no point what so ever to her stupid threads. Someone needs to lock this.

K

Kissey

Name one time I have complained about some things like not so good programs....yes I had A Kiss on Sonoma and it was locked up. That is why I used the regular UO client to open up UO all day today...But Now after the patch all macros I ever used on uo assist are wiped out but it finally did work after deleting the uo assist main program &amp; reinstalling the thing...I guess I was the only one who had issues today with my clients. Besides it gives ya all some reason to pick at me...lol although I do ping 85 on a good day I will always show my task bar as I have no reason for speed...I didnt even care that you could notice my naughty Duel Client...woulda been nice if one whos had their client freeze up tell me what they did to get it to work right....To bad everyone has to be such charmers, no wonder so many get along and last in guilds

B

borno006

<blockquote><hr>

Duelclienting? Notice my uo assist isnt working but I can open thru using the uo icon in the ea folder....If someone can get me past the updating screen that would be the nicest help.... atleast I do not hide the task bar like some do...in case you dont notice that my assist isnt working or updating &amp; I am not running anything excess just having a blah day with my stupid assist thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its really hard to tell who vexxed is saying was duel clienting. But then again, most people do it so who cares. Not to pick you apart kiss, but UO assist has nothing to do with duel clienting. You can run two clients with no uo assist at all. UOAssist is irrelevant. And you dont hide the task bar, but you black part of it out; looks to me like you have something to hide.

K

Kissey

Thanks Borno, I still get that stupid data stream thing on assist today, gotta love some things bout the $12 bucks over the past 10 years I spent on it,,,maybe I shouldnt complain.

B

borno006

Did you try copy/pasting your character folders in one directory up from where they originally are? I believe that use to fix it.

R

Rod

<blockquote><hr>

Did you try copy/pasting your character folders in one directory up from where they originally are? I believe that use to fix it.

[/ QUOTE ]Thats what I do. No problems at all with UOAssist. <blockquote><hr>

1. Log out of the UO client and quit it completely.
2. Open Windows Explorer and you should locate your character macros in folders under this path:

c:\Program Files\UOAssist\UOA-Settings\&lt;account&gt;\&lt;shard&gt;

3. For whatever character you need to "adjust", select the appropriate folder and copy it.
4. Then paste it one level UP ... in the following folder:

c:\Program Files\UOAssist\UOA-Settings\&lt;account&gt;

5. Restart UOA/UO and go have fun.

Soooo, in my case
c:\Program Files\UOAssist\UOA-Settings\&lt;account&gt;\LakeAustin\Spin Nakor

gets copied and pasted ... thereby being in:
c:\Program Files\UOAssist\UOA-Settings\&lt;account&gt;\Spin Nakor

[/ QUOTE ]

G

I looked in and searched on my name and found this thread. I don't even know what it's about but I have a logical explanation. Multiple computers. Lots of people have more than one comp and just because you see someone on twice or more does not mean they duel client. When we were on LA I got pulled to jail every night for awhile, because ppl would report my 4 chars that were on, farming tok mini's in the same room. Never once was I duel clienting, so they had to let me go every time. Having only 1 account in UO is the minority, not the majority.

I hardly play UO anymore though. In spite of what anyone thinks, I don't use cheats, hacks, or cheat in any way; never have, never will.
I did however get fed up with people on foot out running my mounted char, people casting on the run, and all the other cheating in pvp, especially when I have a very fast comp and connection, and live next to EA. I'm not going to risk my accounts and do it too, but I also won't stay and play that way either, so I started playing WOW. At least in WoW there is an equal playing field in PvP, with regards to what apps are legal or not to play with it, and they enforce it.