• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Here a question for you

If there were no more drops at EM event would you go

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I knew a few of the old EM's who no longer play UO ...sadly they have other things more pressing on them then play...
The game time line and the EM thoughts and ideas for how this time line goes is almost a set in stone way of the EM Event.
Yes they can do story lines a bit different for each... and it has been good the thoughts and merger of the ideas.
Some work some don't.
Its not them we need to focus on..
You point out a big factor in the problem.... players.
Its sad that people will cheat and steal in a game to get what should be a fair chance...
They stack the deck with plat suits and scrolled up characters and with using programs most of us wouldn't think of using.....
This game still makes real life money the root of its problem..
I will not name names but most of us know at least one of these people who milk UO of its riches and makes others leave in discuss as they steal.
Tina getting rid of the EM's wouldn't solve it.... cheats and hackers have been in the games from day 1.
See they know no other way but to cheat.
Change the system they will adapt... and do it all over again in some other way.
They don't know any other way to get their way....we pay for it with every player we loose and its not just UO they are in or effecting,
Country's do it, business does it too.... So to say get rid of the EM's is but a moot point.
Change the way people do things.... a level playing field will still have this happen...
There is always going to be that set of people who need to be on top.. even if it hurts others.
You really say good things when I take the time to try to read what you say, but, man, your sentence structure could really use some help.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina are you asking for the time to be changed?
I remember back in time the events were at the different times so you could go to more then one shards events.
But that era has long passed.
I cant say it is all the Dev fault ether... a lot of things went under the bridge in this matter.
Cheating ...special favors.. and out right theft. I will not point fingers but lets say it was scandalous.
I have seen a lot in my 20 years ...
People work now all over the clock .... it is not easy to set 4 different time zones in the USA and then the Europe and Asian time zones too and have things come out.
You know the difference in time...
I have seen you on many of the Asian shards.
Days and hours became too much and a set time was needed in my opinion.
It is not easy to wrangle work and events along with home life ...
Not to mention getting sick as a few have and I have known a few who failed to finish a event and Mesanna had to do the honors.
How id love to have life go back to 97-2000 era.... then what you ask for could be done.... but that's life in hind sight.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im sorry Lore
I have had trouble with it ever sense the stroke you should hear sometimes when I talk .... the words get so jumbled and some I cant get out too
My friend says the operator in my head is connecting the wires as best as she can to get it out... I plead the Brain stem blowout is to blame.....

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AHHH got cha...
Well that's a bit of a sticky thing....
EMs work for the game ...meaning they get paid.
All though that never stopped EA from dropping the dime on anyone.
So I don't see it a big issue but you do have one big road block on that one... Mesanna.
She works closely with them on the content and story line... (she said so at a M&G)
Also if you asked everyone in the game on ether way you would get a 50/50 mix on the preference of ether event type.
Mind you that last "event style world invasion" was very well liked.
Perhaps the Dev could do a spring and fall invasion season... a month long of similar ilk of this last global.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Go back to the days of the seer events. When you never knew when it would happen. the town criers would just start hollering "Ogre Lords on rampage at Brit Crossroads, HELP!!!" or some such thing.

You never knew when it was coming, different things like that at random times. Sure we missed a lot of em, but we got in on a lot of em too.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Go back to the days of the seer events. When you never knew when it would happen. the town criers would just start hollering "Ogre Lords on rampage at Brit Crossroads, HELP!!!" or some such thing.

You never knew when it was coming, different things like that at random times. Sure we missed a lot of em, but we got in on a lot of em too.
I loved those days!!

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quite honestly I know the EM's are players like us... and from the last recruitment Mesanna posted they work roughly 20 hours a month give or take..
While I have no idea what they are paid, I don't think they are paid that much!
From my Seer days and Counselor time I do know that much of what we did was not that structured.
We were given a story line, for guidance and the rest was up to the Seer... Random work was at our time and whim.
Tina what sounds logical to us may not be the whole big picture..
I do know Broadsword has made what is allowed by EA in ad's and interviews to promote the game.
Our Lead Producer does a lot more then handle surveys... with being a small team she has hands on the game. (this from the 20th meet up)

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What about the option to just get rid of the EM program and have more global events and new quests? Hire some of the more talented EMs to work part-time with the dev team to create them. With no more EM program to manage and create items for, Mesanna and the rest of the dev team would have more time to devote to the game as a whole, and more importantly, EVERYONE who pays a subscription will have the ability to enjoy and appreciate their efforts, not just the people who have schedules that allow them to go to EM events. Plus eliminating the EM events should alleviate some of the pressure on the GM team and instead of having to decide which group of multi-boxers to catch at an event full of players, they can focus on catching the multi-boxers in more isolated settings. The dev team would also have more time to work with roleplaying groups to find out if there are any tools that can be added to the game to provide more and better role playing experiences.
I really like this idea and think it would do some good to the game, maybe doing both would be a better solution for diversified content... keep half of the EM's for regular events pushing fewer but more quality rares then put the other half on global events with new story arcs/quests. I still feel the team should be concentrating more on rolling out EJ, spamming those million account emails from the past and advertising the game online with it's "Longest Running MMORPG" slogan before changing too many things that might make us lose more players :(