• Important Information About This Forum
    Questions posted in this forum are 'moderated' and only viewable by Stratics Admins and Mythic Developers. They will be be set public only when an answer to the question has been provided.
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Herding Buff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fink

Q: Is there any chance we'll see the list of herdable creatures expanded beyond merely tameable types?

Some observations:

- Firesteeds cannot be herded, although you can try, even at GM Herding. Are they meant to be herdable or not?

- Of followers, only the tamed variety can be herded. Summons and reanimates would be great additions to the list of herdables, allowing a shepherd to have greater control over their own creatures. A good investment of skill points. Make it a GM bonus ability, perhaps.

- Most monsters would be another great addition to herding. I can herd a greater dragon, but not something far weaker such as a daemon, elemental or the like. Peerless and such would be off-limits, but there really are a lot of in-between creatures that could make the profession of Shepherd much more flexible.

- The Abyss seems to be almost devoid of any herdables, which was a big disappointment for my main character. I think the only things I found so far were some snakes. Any improvements here would be great.

F

Fink

Can we get some more Herding enabled in the Abyss? There is next to nothing that can be herded, an enormous oversight as just about everyone else got thrown a bone with the expansion. Also, I don't care if they can be tamed or not. Animals that run in groups should be herdable.
And yes, I'm serious.

B

Boomers

Could we do something with herding? I mean, ya it's great for Bo Peep RP's but in the real game of killing monsters and players, it has no benefit... Here's a thought, make it viable for tamers:

For every X points of Herding you have, your pack instinct pets (I.e. your "herd") get a +Y% boost over their normal pack instinct bonus...just a suggestion

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
All similar in nature.

T

Tazar

hmmm... maybe have Herding add to follower control slots for tamers? after all - Herding is a form of animal control...

Status
Not open for further replies.