• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

HELP!

Dante1337

Adventurer
Hello all. Just turned my account back on after about 7 or 8 years. it is a veteran account and When I just logged on for the first time in years all my chars are gone. not one on any server. Any idea why this might be? Was there a server wipe at some point? my chars where mostly on origin shard if that matters.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There has never been a server wipe in the history of UO.

Unfortunately... this means that your account was hacked, looted, and destroyed by another player at some point. It happens surprisingly often to people who leave the game for a few years, especially during the "Return to Britannia" promotion where all accounts can log in for free, since they don't even have to buy a game time code to loot your account during that time-frame.

There is also no way to repair the damage... EA will not replace any lost items or characters. You can always change your password and make new characters, but the only benefit you'd have over a brand new account is being able to pick veteran rewards of a higher year eventually.

Dante1337

Adventurer
That's what I was afraid of. Guess I just wasted $12.99. Think I am totally done with UO then. I all that time in characters for nothing. Had a bunch of pvp suits and weapons. This sucks.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if you had pvp gear from 8 years ago, it was complete trash by today’s standards anyways. Macro up a 7xgm mage in about 1 1/2 days you’ll have better gear in 2 hours then on your whole other account. What shard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well if you had pvp gear from 8 years ago, it was complete trash by today’s standards anyways. Macro up a 7xgm mage in about 1 1/2 days you’ll have better gear in 2 hours then on your whole other account. What shard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was gonna say the exact same thing.

When I came back after around 2 years, first thing I did was went to go do Swoop on my archer.....it was the fastest, easiest way to make gold back before I left....after dying about 8 times I logged off and started researching :/

My uber suit was not so uber anymore! lol if you're planning on staying on Origin, I can help you out, I have tons of Legendary pieces just sitting in bags on my roof :/

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Trust us - you're better off right now starting off fresh, anyway. All you've lost is stuff that might have had sentimental value. Your PvP equipment from back then would be mostly out of date. The new equipment, skill masteries, etc. mean that you'd have handicapped yourself trying to adapt. Better to take what you know, but on a new character on that old account, and learn the current state of PvP (and learn some of the new non-PvP systems like the changes to crafting, so that you can make better suits than you had before you left).

The only thing you didn't lose was your account age at the time you let the account lapse, and that's the only thing that is impossible to replace.