• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with template

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi guys, 2 questions here from a returning mage, since reading tons of topics only got me confused... I must be growing old :)

1° I hear some score spell damages in the hundreds (as high as 650 if I read correctly). How is that achieved? I payed Destard a visit and dragons keep dispelling my vortexes while my Corp Por only score 130 or so. Do I need spellweaving or something?

2° I read somewhere Studded armor gives some bonus to mana regeneration but can't find the information back, to a point some don't even train Meditation anymore, how so?

Thx

Zalfein

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The high damage you're reading about is from Word of Death, a spellweaving spell. The spell only does crazy damage when the monster is below 5% to 30% heath (depending on your arcane focus level). Spellweaving is nice if you can manage to have people help you do an arcane circle. In order to do an arcane circle, you need to have other spellweavers who have similar skills (+- 20). Often, the easiest is to soulstone your spellweaving skill and do a circle with non-spellweaver to get your arcane focus crystal in your backpack, then put your skill back on.

Slayer spellbooks don't affect the power of Word of Death, only the SDI property (spell damage increase). Another useful spell is Arcane Empowerment. It boosts your SDI and also make your summons stronger (and other things). Casting Arcane Empowerment and then casting your vortexes should make the job easier (I haven't tried it on Siege though, summons are weaker on Siege).

Edit: I thought I was on the Siege Perilous shard forum... oups

Zalfein

Last edited:

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2° I read somewhere Studded armor gives some bonus to mana regeneration but can't find the information back, to a point some don't even train Meditation anymore, how so?

Thx
Studded armor does not give a mana regen bonus but a LMC bonus. The LMC bonus sits on top of your item based LMC. So if you have a suit with 40 item based LMC then each piece of studded will give you 3 LMC (up to 5 pieces for a total of 15 additional LMC). So, with 5 pieces of studded armor (that do not have the mage armor property) you can achieve 55 LMC. This is especially useful if you have Mysticism as it normally means you also have focus which works just fine with non-med armor. If you use studded armor then you would not have the meditation skill.

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thx for the info, pieces are slowly falling into place...

I'm on Drachenfels, creating a powerful arcane circle seems too much of a hassle, do I miss much if not taking Spellweaving all together?

In other words, should I be good picking up Mysticism, Focus (with studded obviously), magery, eval, resist and Inscription, or would that build be inferior to spellweaving or necro builds?
By inferior, I mean killing over 10% slower.

I have to add I'm going a 100% crafted stuff route, i'm very old school and only use guild crafted material.

Zalfein

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I came back last year after 12 years. I'm not the best person to answer template questions, but I can offer you my personnal preferences (for PvM). I'm a crafter and basically only wear what I craft (no insurance on Siege Perilous...).

I love mysticism. The summon, Rising Colossus, is stronger (and harder to dispel) than a vortex (it takes 5 slots though, can't use a mount at the same time, not a problem if you're a gargoyle). Healing stone is useful too. I don't even bother to carry cure/heal potions anymore (again, I'm talkign PvM).

You can play without Evaluation Intelligence. Invisibility, Poisoning, Greater Healing, Arch cure, Mind Blast, for example, don't require Eval. Mysticism has direct damage spell and area effect too.

As for spellweaving, I got tired of begging for a focus. It's been sitting on a soulstone for months now.

For champs, you can't just cast Colossus and hide, like vortexes, the killing rate isn't high enough.

Zalfein