• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

help with temp mage/mystic/weaver

A

Asanbosam

Hello all ive just reactivated my acct and working on this temp Im looking to solo champ spawns in fel, ish and sa ..
the temp when done will be this- and im garg
mage - 120
eval - 120
mystic -120
weaving -120
focus -120
resist -120
right now im just raising everything from scratch but any info would be good like i said only for pvm champ spawns will this work or should i change anything around plz let me know your thoughts --thank you

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah might be ok with just 120 focus. I run a pretty similar template myself:

120 mage
120 eval intel
120 med
120 mystic
120 focus
100 scribe

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Unless you're going to attempt to PvP, just ditched the Resist and get Meditation.

Carry a trapped box and some orange petals and you'll be fine against spawn.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
focus for weaving? I'm not sure I understand. Getting a 'focus' for weaving doesn't relate to the focus skill.

UO Stratics *New* | Spellweaving

Casting Arcane Circle while standing with others on a circle creates a gem called an 'arcane focus'. It is not connected to Focus skill.

A

Asanbosam

focus for weaving? I'm not sure I understand. Getting a 'focus' for weaving doesn't relate to the focus skill.

UO Stratics *New* | Spellweaving

Casting Arcane Circle while standing with others on a circle creates a gem called an 'arcane focus'. It is not connected to Focus skill.
ok didnt know i was told by someone in game that i need 120 focus for weaving ... this is first time im trying weaving i heard it was good for wod and gol

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) may I suggest that here is a better source of accurate information than in game? We have a comprehensive playguide at
UO Stratics *New*
and if you ask a question on the boards you will be answered by any number of people who actually play the skill and know it thoroughly.

A

Asanbosam

:) may I suggest that here is a better source of accurate information than in game? We have a comprehensive playguide at

UO Stratics *New* and if you ask a question on the boards you will be answered by any number of people who actually play the skill and know it thoroughly.
thats why i came and posted while i started my build =)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My thoughts:
with magery, mystic and spellweaving, you have 3 skills needing mana. Therefore I would go with Meditation. Possibly keeping focus and dropping resist for really good mana regen - unless you're able to get very high end MR kit.

A

Asanbosam

My thoughts:
with magery, mystic and spellweaving, you have 3 skills needing mana. Therefore I would go with Meditation. Possibly keeping focus and dropping resist for really good mana regen - unless you're able to get very high end MR kit.
sounds good im gonna try it that way i didnt start resist yet so saved me some time

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok didnt know i was told by someone in game that i need 120 focus for weaving ... this is first time im trying weaving i heard it was good for wod and gol
You don't need 120 focus for spellweaving, but you do need it for mysticism. Focus works with mysticism in sort of the way evaluating intelligence works for magery. In short, you do need it. So the choice may come down to resisting spells or meditation. You can try this template out on test center before deciding on anything.