• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with taming.

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am a legendary ranger 1101 taming,1200 lore, 1150 music, 1170 peace. Until recently (2 or 3 weeks) I could peace and tame a cu sidhe in just a couple of tries. Now I cant even have one not get angry. It is as if I have less than gm taming. Anyone have any ideas?

B

Black Betty

This will always vary. Myself and others I have tamed with all experience the same and we are all 120 taming/lore. It's just the way it goes. It's never the same. Some days I can tame quickly and other days it takes forever to tame just one. The fact that you are only 110 taming will also have a lot to do with it. The higher the taming, the better the chances.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

P.S.
Peacing doesn't effect your taming. Just a style preference. I paralyze (yes, I know you can lost pet stats doing this but just the way I do it)

R

RichDC

The fact that you are only 110 taming will also have a lot to do with it. The higher the taming, the better the chances.
Thats not technically true on what he was mentioning, the 110 taming will affect his chance to tame it successfully,

The angry bit is a set 19in20 (you have a 1in 20 chance of starting the tame)

B

Black Betty

Whatever. rolleyes:

That would imply that it would make no difference whether one was 110 or 120 taming/lore because it would all be even and it's not. Whatever gets you through. :)

T

Tukaran

The angry bit as pointed out is a 19 in 20 chance, so it is possible to get the angry message many *many* times before starting the tame. It is after you have passed this "angry" check that your skill comes into play as to whether or not the tame is successful.

I set the critter I want to tame as my last target, then I have my F12 key set to Use Skill Animal Taming, Last Target (in 2D client). I run to the critter and hold down the key until the tame starts whilst remaining a couple of steps ahead. The 'You seem to anger the beast' message does not count against the skill timer so you can immediately start the next tame attempt. Once you get the 'starting to tame' message, let go of your macro key and focus on staying ahead of the critter. If you fail, stay close and hold the macro key down again.

If you are scrolled beyond 110 then throw on some +taming skill jewellry for a better chance! (assuming that still works?)

Cheers!
Tukaran

B

Black Betty

For whatever reasons, the "angry" part varies (for me at least) where some days I can tame on first try every time almost without exception. Other days, it takes more than 20 tries to even start the tame and get past the "angry" stage. So, there is a variant somewhere in the equation.

I used the Cu's to go all the way to 120 taming. It has been the same throughout all of it and I have been 120 taming for several years now with it remaining the same.

Maybe the variant is in how you tame. I paralyze first. Some people peace. Some folks just walk and tame as it follows them. Possible variants? Who knows. Hope you enjoy taming as much as I and others have.;)

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you all for the info. I do use jewelry to make it 120. I have contacted Qa because I was told by a gm that my char is not responding.

I tried for many days and never got past the angry thing. The only way I am gaining in taming right now is to tame a gaman and this only gives me .1 taming every two days lol. By the time I get to a natural 120 taming my ethy will have died from old age.

Oh yeah one note. I left the game for approximately a year and came back. I was really suprised to find that I even had characters left. The facinating thing is that when I left I was playing the Legends shard.

Leto

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly when does the creature you are trying to tame get angry? Before or after the *You begin to tame the creature*?

If it's before (meaning you never even see the *You begin to tame the creature*) then I'm as puzzled as the others...
If it's after then you're probably hitting the creature or damaging it otherwise. Did you change your suit recently? If so, see if you have the 'reflect physical damage' property on any of your parts. That might well be the culprit.

T

Tukaran

It is a 1 in 20 chance of starting the tame with any critter that can become 'angered', but of course that is 1 in 20 on each attempt to start the tame, it does not mean that out of 20 attempts only one will be started. I've had a run of 30 or more before I've started a tame in some cases - as is the way of the RNG... *However* if you can tame a dragon, there is no logical reason why you can't tame anything higher as you have to pass the skillcheck for taming it before you would start getting the angering message anyway. It really does sound like your character could be bugged in some way :(

Do you have any other tamers on the same account that you can try? If so, are they working fine? It's not something I've ever heard of/experienced myself before.

Cheers,
Tukaran

RainQueen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This might help ;)

Hold an empty bow in your hands. When the cu angers and attacks you, you automatically go into 'fight' mode and attempt to hit it. Holding a bow means you don't retaliate. I always use a bow when taming creatures that anger.