• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] help with plant crossing

Waxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hello,

iam new to this topic and i would need some help.

basically i run 5 garden beds in 2 locations. all are 3*3.
the only stuff i really need is petals and seed of renewal.
therefore iam growing orange bulrushes.

is there a way to do this cross pol thing so that i still get the petals and renewal stuff WITH the chance to get black / white or the other 4 rare mutant seeds?

thx

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can't get any mutants than black or white by crossing plants. I think the other 4 you are referring to are the ones from the Naturalist quest. You can cross your bulrushes with a chance to get a black or white now and then, crossing like with like won't stop you getting the bulrush seeds and orange petals, nor will it stop the seeds of renewal. I grow orange poppies and cross them.

Waxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
hi Petra,

thank you, how do this crossing work? when i have 9 in a bed do i just cross plant 1 with plant 2 and so on or do i need a completely other type / color of plant?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nope, just cross any 2 in your bed. I tend to open the first plant and use it to pollinate the other 8 then use the last one to pollinate the one I started with.

Waxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
thank you so much,
how rare are the "special" seeds. are there a percentage?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's covered in the faq at the top of the forum I believe http://community.stratics.com/threads/gardening-faq-last-updated-8-15-2008.95422/
something like a 1% chance. I crossed mine for months before I got a mutant, but I only have 2 beds. Then when I did get a plant showing it would give black seeds the first seed off it was a seed of renewal! So I only got 7 black seeds off it instead of 8! The one plant I didn't want renewal seeds from!