• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with my Bard template PLEASE!

Jockey

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So.. I played UO a long time ago. When I played, I am sure I had some rhyme to my reason for the skills I gained in. However, I just started playing again after a long leave of absence and I want to fix my template up to today's standards :) Just reaching out for a little help on this from the community.

I believe I would like to pursue a Bard/Tamer template but here is my skills as they are now:

Eval Int = 82.8
Focus = 100
Magery = 92.6
Meditation = 98.6
Veterinary = 37.4
Taming = 16.3
Animal Lore = 51.4
Disordance = 39.1
Musicianship = 96.6
Peacemaking = 42.7
Provocation = 65.5

What should I set to decrease and what skills do I need to improve?

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 options IMO...

PURE BARD
120 Mage
120 Med
120 Music
120 Peace
120 Prov
120 Disco

You can have 2 lowland Boura's or 2 Vollems and still get the feel of a tamer and have quite high DPS and with the provo buff healing/buffing your pets they can be quite nice...

DISCO TAMER
120 Mage
120 Med
120 Taming
120 Animal Lore
120 Music
120 Disco

I would typically suggest a Greater Dragon just because I use this template for Tanking harder bosses that would kill the smaller critters the above template can use.. For mid level stuff I usually find the PURE BARD more useful just because all the bard buffs are so much stronger overall.. I do flip flop between the 2 templates at will with the soul stones I have though...

Your choice. Also.. a full set of Flutes of Renewal so that you have all the right slayers makes a large difference... When I run pure bard I can Disco the target.. All kill with 2 pets.. and have BOTH provo Masteries running so that my 2 bouras are both healed and doing like +20% damage over normal no counting that the target is discoed... Makes short work of stuff...

Good luck

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I was going the disco tamer route I'd consider the use of jewels for the temp and reduce taming, lore by 30 points each plus a further reduction of magery by 60 points. Roll 45 skill points for taming, lore and magery on each jewel and add 120 points to provo or peace to use the mastery of either. This would free up alot of room and still give you the ablity to heal the pets with bandies, spells or bard specials(or add extra damage if wanted). Cheaper and easier than working taming to 120 also.

90 mage(30 points on jewels, 60 real skill)
120 med for mana
120 taming (90 real skill)
120 Lore (90 real skill)
120 Music
120 Disco
120 Peace or Provo

Jockey

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome advise, thanks guys. I am still new to the Masteries. I was just reading it for the first time yesterday actually. I think I will prolly roll with Picus's template. I like to use Provo a lot. I just didn't realize there was jewelry available to offer so much in skill bonus to Magery, Taming, and Animal Lore. That is amazing! Doesn't Peacemaking make taming stuff so much easier though? Picus how do you tame Greater Dragons without Peace?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatever template you decide to go with, remember you want to max your bard skills before gaining music beyond 100.
The training guides are very helpful in the best way to train guard skills, but I noticed you were really close to 100 music already, so don't pass it.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So.. I played UO a long time ago. When I played, I am sure I had some rhyme to my reason for the skills I gained in. However, I just started playing again after a long leave of absence and I want to fix my template up to today's standards :) Just reaching out for a little help on this from the community.

I believe I would like to pursue a Bard/Tamer template but here is my skills as they are now:

Eval Int = 82.8
Focus = 100
Magery = 92.6
Meditation = 98.6
Veterinary = 37.4
Taming = 16.3
Animal Lore = 51.4
Disordance = 39.1
Musicianship = 96.6
Peacemaking = 42.7
Provocation = 65.5

What should I set to decrease and what skills do I need to improve?
Do not forget to check out the new weapons which bards now have to their arsenal....

Bard masteries !!
http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/skills-and-professions/musicianship/bard-mastery
http://www.uoguide.com/Bard_Mastery

Welcome back !!

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You would still have to beat them down to a certain point before stepping close enough to tame. If I recall a peaced tame gets lower after tame skills but you would be best to check that to make sure.

Hammer it down to 95% life and then get on last target, run up and hit with pre toggled tame, cast invis and wait a sec, invis and the reveal yourself. Rinse and repeat till done.

Jockey

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, started working on my provo and disco yesterday. Decided to go taming and I really thinking Taming gains faster than disco and provo lol. The timer delay on bard skills is crazy high...

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I prefer a garg bard/mystic more than tamer nowdays. You can summon colossus and casting powerfull spells meanwhile it is attacking. Also put spellweaving so your colossus will resist dispels better.

You can can use provo, to make any monster attack your colossus too.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also put spellweaving so your colossus will resist dispels better.
Are you talking about the Spellweaving Arcane Empowerment spell ?

I thought it only worked for spellweaving summons (Summon Fey, Summon Fiend), not summons from other magic areas...

gangelo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Whatever template you decide to go with, remember you want to max your bard skills before gaining music beyond 100.
The training guides are very helpful in the best way to train guard skills, but I noticed you were really close to 100 music already, so don't pass it.
I can't find the training guide, is there a link somewhere??

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Get Crystal Ball of Knowledge and use it to select a proper target for your training. After 90 use mastery.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Personally I use 120 Mage, 120 Med, 120 Resist, 120 Music, 120 Discord, 120 Provocation. Occasionally I swap Resist for Spellweaving depending on what I'm hunting. Not really anything you can't kill with this setup and there's some fantastic combos you can do to see numbers scrolling off your target.

I also use Vollems depending on the situation.

For example, an Unbound Energy Vortex, Discorded, and with 8+ Diseased Blood Elementals Provoked on it, while at the same time either 2 Vollems, or 2 Air Eles, or 5 Pixies Mana Dumping, plus Tribulation + Despair on weakest resist. Then (& this is with little/no sdi) WOD for 300ish also gets a secondary 200 hit from Tribulation. I also use a Mage Weapon Heavy Xbow which generally hits Discorded targets for 30-40 too with added Mana Drain to deplete the victim.

The damage numbers scroll.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get music to 100 (as logrus suggest)
get magery to 100
get disco to 100
get mysticism to 100
get focus to 100
get meditation to 100
Now you are a money making machine :)
Make money, buy a 120 disco
Train to 120 disco
Make more money
Buy 120 music, and train it.
Bring up mysti, and focus to 120 when u can afford it.
Invest in a luck suit, and u will rock at most pvm stuff.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do not forget to check out the new weapons which bards now have to their arsenal....
New weapons?? (or you referring to the masteries, which have been around for almost 5 years)...

Last edited: