• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with archer

• Thread starter imported_bouche835
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_bouche835

I recently move bushido from my swordsman to my archer. But I am having problems with lighting strike. Both my swordsman and my archer are at 115 in skill points (waiting for the gold to take to 120). With my swordsman everytime I cast lighting strike I hit my target about 97% of the time. But with my archer it is more like 50% at this rate why even honor them. Actualy my archer has more HCI then my swordsman. I do not have 45 HCI more like 20 but casting lighting strike max the HCI out...right? I have a damage incease of 45 not counting the bow(which I think is 50) and I am at 144 dex but when I hit I don't do a lot of damage. WHAT IS GOING ON? Here is my template:

115 Archery
105 Chiv
102 Spellweaving
100 Bushido
100 Focus
108 Tactics
80 Med

str 90
dex 144
mana 61

C

Connor_Graham

"when I hit I don't do a lot of damage"

You don't have Anatomy, which I'm betting you do on your swordsman. You should drop both Focus & Med and add Resist and Anatomy. If you don't already have it, get MR armor and a good mana leech bow.

As far as you missing, that could be what you're trying to fight and the fact that your Archery isn't at 120.

I

imported_GFY

I don't remember too many problems hitting when my archery was 115. Could it be your bushido? It's been a while since mine was that low. I would go with 90-100 tactics, and 100 anatomy. Get some bows with ML and build a good mana regen mana increase suit.

Also a good idea to use slayer bows as much as possible. Don't forget honor your opponent and cast, consacrate weapon, and enemy of one, to maximize your damage potential.

Another good idea: make sure your suit, jewels, and weapon add up to at least 100% damage increase.

I

imported_bouche835

I didn't even think about that. My damage with my swordsman is like 35 to 100 depending on what spell i cast and if i land a crucial hit. and yes he has anatomy. On my Archery I am hitting like 18 to 25. So that makes sinces, never though about that. Thank you so much

I

imported_GFY

I can aproach 200+ points per hit with the right slayer bow and monster combinations. It may take a while or a good amount of gold to equip just right (what template doesn't in UO) but a bushido archer can put out hugh amounts of damage.