• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help, what did I do wrong? My ship.

Rieley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had RL business the past two weeks and had a friend refresh my ship. I keep it parked on an Island in Tokuno. Well, got back on and the ship had been moved. Cargo emptied and all my cannons were just gone. I wasn't positive on the security settings to give her permission to refresh. This is what I went with.

Party member modifies access to ship.
Never

Public Access - Officer
Party Access - Deny
Guild - Officer (I only have my own accounts in the guild)

Passenger & Crew
"Toon's name" - Officer

Did I leave it open to the public?

Any guesses on what I did wrong?

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's why you literally Park out in the middle of nowhere and just give the person a key to recall to, each boat has 2. I never, never park a boat near a dock because what can go wrong usually will go wrong when you do that. But you always proved time and time again that even with proper security settings on something such as a boat that there's almost always a way to still get on it. If you really think about it.

But even then that only goes as far as you can trust your friend.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good chance that you or your friend unlocked the plank though which will allow anybody to get on. Because once on a boat anybody can command the damn thing.

But this assumes your friend didn't rip you off and play the I don't know what happened card.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Had RL business the past two weeks and had a friend refresh my ship. I keep it parked on an Island in Tokuno. Well, got back on and the ship had been moved. Cargo emptied and all my cannons were just gone. I wasn't positive on the security settings to give her permission to refresh. This is what I went with.

Party member modifies access to ship.
Never

Public Access - Officer
Party Access - Deny
Guild - Officer (I only have my own accounts in the guild)

Passenger & Crew
"Toon's name" - Officer

Did I leave it open to the public?

Any guesses on what I did wrong?
No telling who did it because with this "Public Access - Officer" you made the entire shard owner of your boat. The only thing they couldn't do is dry-dock it.

Rieley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, thanks so much. So what I did was give access to all "officers". I like to take on the merchant ships and that was the area I usually find them in. Always had been able to refresh the ships myself, but RL had me busy and was afraid I'd not be able to get online.

Thanks all.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Officer means they can do everything but dry dock. Crew means they can just go on and shoot cannons.

You do not get to choose officers those levels designate what that type can do on the ship.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, thanks so much. So what I did was give access to all "officers". I like to take on the merchant ships and that was the area I usually find them in. Always had been able to refresh the ships myself, but RL had me busy and was afraid I'd not be able to get online.

Thanks all.
If you are on Atlantic and need help getting your boat to be equipped again I can donate cannons and ammo.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't get it. People are that low to steal cannons.

I will once in a while if I find a boat 99 percent of time its the old kind I will take it for a joy ride and then recall off leavening it in the middle of the water, I think of it as a reminder for people to lock it.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't get it. People are that low to steal cannons.

I will once in a while if I find a boat 99 percent of time its the old kind I will take it for a joy ride and then recall off leavening it in the middle of the water, I think of it as a reminder for people to lock it.
Some of us are pirates....

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
You can set public access to N/A

No one but you and whoever you grant access to can get aboard. Set the guild and party levels to whatever you like. Keeps creeps that you don't want there off your boat .

Had a similar thing happen to me and yeah , I was pissed !!

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Good chance that you or your friend unlocked the plank though which will allow anybody to get on. Because once on a boat anybody can command the damn thing.

But this assumes your friend didn't rip you off and play the I don't know what happened card.
I believe he is talking about the high seas ships. You board / hop off by using a rope . Not the plank like on your little dingy

Rieley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get it, real funny. My dumb, I set the security settings wrong. I recalled back to the same SMALL island today and another ship (the same ship has been parked in the spot I have been using) ever since. Noticed they had a full cargo just like I did. I worked hard to build that cargo up.

But, it's all good. Thievery is part of the game, so I'll go with the flow. While there I did notice there were several ships, small and large one all around him. Wonder if he'll have to dry dock to get his out?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I get it, real funny. My dumb, I set the security settings wrong. I recalled back to the same SMALL island today and another ship (the same ship has been parked in the spot I have been using) ever since. Noticed they had a full cargo just like I did. I worked hard to build that cargo up.

But, it's all good. Thievery is part of the game, so I'll go with the flow. While there I did notice there were several ships, small and large one all around him. Wonder if he'll have to dry dock to get his out?
Tell me what shard, we'll build that cargo up in about an hour.