• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help Training please

K

kendalldcfan

I have been told that if u discord your pet while training on shadow elemental that skills will gain better. Is this true? If i get a friend to help do they have to be present all the time, or can the pop in every little bit and discord then leave? All advise is appreciated.

C

Conrad99

Yes discord traing is GREAT. Just watch yr pet because the skills/resist drop low and a new pet can die quickly if not watched.

Yr friend would have to stay by you because the discord breaks after 10 secs (give or take a sec) of him not being by the pet.

E

Eslake

Discording your pet isn't always a good idea for training, and sometimes will stop gains all together.

The +/- 30 rule applies to pets as it does to characters. So if your pet already has lower wrestling than the elemental, discording it could put it too low to gain from fighting the elemental.

Generally speaking, you want them to be as close in skill as you can keep them. And always within 20 points of eachother.
So if the elemental has more than 20 points higher than the pet, discord it instead.

C

Conrad99

True Eslake. I typically do not discord the pet until it is higher in skills.

K

kendalldcfan

Thanks for the replies. I was mainly planing to discord the animals after they would not gain with out discording. Is that not the best route? I have several dragons that have stopped gaining skills, now granted I did not write down skills before I started training. I am fairly new at this. So does discord need to be 120 to have effect. Thanks again for replies.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By and large training GD's on the Shadow Ore Elementals does not require any discording, least wise I have not really needed it, mostly.

On occasion Tactics seems to get stuck but then I just go to the Ogre Lord Island and let the Greater kill them for a while and make sure Tactics has gone up, then using the SO Elemental is good to go.

What I have found recently is that some of the So Elementals are so low on the wrestling scale that they are very ineffective in terms of training the Greater.

So I normal Lore the SO Elemental and make sure wrestling and tactics are failry high and not like 60.n each. When they are like that they tend to never raise up.

N

Nenime

So does discord need to be 120 to have effect.
In this particular case with wild Greater Dragons: yes, otherwise no.

As long as you can discord a creature in the first place - depending on the ratio between it's Barding Difficulty and your Barding skill - the effect applies. But the higher your Barding skill is, the greater the effect will be. Quoted from uo.com: "If successful, your target will lose a percentage of its skills and stats. The percentage lost is dependant on your Discordance skill. For instance, at 50.0 skill, the target loses 10% from all stats and skills; and at 100.0 skill the target loses 20% from all stats and skills."
Wild Greater Dragons have a Barding Difficulty of 160, once tamed their Barding Difficulty varies resp. raise with their skills/stats.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I always discord my pets when training. The 30 rule isn't quite right. I find tactics over 50 needs to be within 20 of whatever you are training on, and wrestling it can be as much as 40 and you will still get gains. So what you want to do is discord the pet, then decide to discord the elemental or not depending one what you need to do to keep the skills close.

Sometimes you do have to discord the elemental, and not the pet, but before too long you should be in a position to be able to discord the pet as well. And discord on the bard doesn't need to be all that high. I was able to discord my greater dragon with only just over gm discord. Obviously the higher, the better, but it doesn't need to be legendary.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, withing 30 for wrestle and 20 for tactics.

Lore the ele and the pet and disco accordingly. I like nice high skill eles so I can disco both if I'm training a cu sidhe. That way the dog can keep up with the healing with me only making sure it doesnt die.

Lazy tamers way of getting healing up to 100. But when you have that many pets, sometimes it's the only way. (silly me. I forgot the pain and agony of training a tamer and started yet another. This makes 6 on Chessy.)