• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help test Greater Dragon numbers on the Pet Power Calculator

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all -

I'm about 85% done moving UOCraft.com to a new server. (My former host has cut off the ability to update the site, which is obviously not acceptable!)

For those jonesing to see their Greater Dragon pet calc scores, I invite you to test drive the new numbers. Feel free to provide feedback. I'm using a combination of the numbers gleaned from the Stratics Tamer forum and Vetmaster.

Here's the temporary location of the updated pet calculator.
http://www.steve-and-becky.com/pet-power-calculator/

Don't bother bookmarking it, as it'll only work at that address for the next week or so, until I point the UOCraft.com domain to that server. (And don't mind the weird domain - it's a server I was using for a project for a friend).

Feedback welcome! Let me know if anything appears "off" - thanks!

I haven't tamed any greater dragons yet, so I have not run ANY live dragon numbers through it. You'll be the first!

Thanks!

I

imported_Jimmy Pop

Nice to see your working on the Pet Calc Kit.

There's still that issue with the math.

I put in my Bake stats:

348 HP
193 Str
126 Dex
423 Int
60/82/51/59/58

And it scores a 3.9

I change it to 1 Hit Point and it scores a 3.8

I change it to 999 Hit Points and it scores a 4.0

Also, the ranges are wrong. Bakes can have between 301 and 350 Hit Points. So 340 would be 80%, your calc shows 340 as 97% which is based on 0 to 350.

G

Your magic resist #s are off they are set to GM and should be pre tame 140 or 126 post tame which ever you use in the base calculations.

Also the dex is 125 max post tame not 148.

Need to add the max meditation skill of 100.

Need to add the max anatomy skill of 100.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Jimmy - I won't have time to dig back into the formulas until I'm off work for summer break (in about a month), but that's still on my list of things to do. I've still got all of my notes from our conversations prior to the whole hacking incident.

As for the ranges, I'll cross reference Stratics vs. Vet Master. Currently, all range data comes from Vet Master (except for Greater Dragons, as no one site has comprehensive data yet, so I had to pull what I could from wherever I could find it). If anybody knows of any other sites with pet data, please let me know!

The 1 and 999 won't "work" in affecting the score properly, as the whole rating range (0-5) is scaled to the min and max possible values after taming (not zero and infinity). A value of 1 becomes the minimum possible (since 1 is impossible) and a value greater than max becomes the max possible (since anything greater than max is impossible). So setting HP to 1 essentially sets HP to the minimum possible and not actually to 1. etc. I chose to do it that way as an alternative to spitting back form validation errors (so it doesn't come back and say, "please input a valid number" blah blah blah).

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Zodiac - I've added med and anat (max 100) and adjusted max magic resist and max dex.

Actually - here are the numbers I gleaned from posts here and from Vet Master. I haven't tamed any GD's yet so I have no idea if they're accurate (I'm trusting the research). If anyone sees anything funky, holler!

Max Post-tame:
Strength ( 713).
Dexterity ( 125).
Intelligence (675).

Hit Points (1000)

Physical resist (85).
Fire resist (90).
Cold resist (55).
Poison resist (60).
Energy resist (75).

Wrestling skill (130.5).
Tactics skill (126).
Resist skill (126).
Anatomy skill (100).
Healing skill (0).
Poisoning skill (0).
Magery skill (126).
Eval Int skill (100).
Meditation skill (100).

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI - UOCraft.com has been moved. It will be unavailable while the domain propagates. It should be done within a few hours, though in theory it could take up to 2 days.

In the meantime, I'm re-writing the pet calculator math to avoid doing actual work

Will keep you posted! Thanks!