• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help patching problems

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I just had to reformate my computer, was smart for once and had backed up all my stuff on a portable hard drive. But now i can't get either 2d or kr to finish patching. I've checked the patch folder and it is empty. I've not had this problem before any suggestions?:(

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You assume, we know your computer. But - we don't. So it could help, to tell us the operating system at least and any possible error messages you get.
If you run Vista, did you try to start the game with right click/run as administrator?
*Salute*
Olahorand

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
sorry I forgot to post the specs. I run xp i have a gforce 6200 video card,
a celeron D chip 3.33ghz 2gb ram and i have 269739 mb of memory left.
I use Norton virus for protection, however it wasn't turned on. I thought maybe firewall so i turned it off and it didn't make a difference. What is the most maddening is last week it patched just fine. now after reformating it freezes up and says "Error during session
Your client may not be the most recent version.
You may be able to play the game with your current client.
Check http://www.uo.com/ for help on resolving patching issues.Click OK to play the game or Cancel to abort." they say uninstall which i really really don't want to do. I'd be all day repatching.
I clean out the patch folder each time it fails so i begin with a empty folder. Same message on both 2d and KR

D

Devil_Woman

Have you checked the patchlog to see what is causing the failure? The very last line in the log should give you a clue as to what the problem might be.

P

packrat

Seems like UO would have a page dedicated to this. A lot of people have been having trouble patching lately. It can't be that hard to make a page of FAQ about patching.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*grumbles about doing Fayled's job*

there's a list of clickable responses on this page

maybe the answer is there, maybe not :(

M

meridus

Go to your KR client and 2d client files, and run uopatch.exe. This should start the patch downloads.