• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Help on my Build please

A

Angel121

Heya,

I’ve been thinking of an archer build I wanted to be “potless” self healing with a touch of AoE. This is purely PvM as I'm not sure this build would hold anything in pvp :p

Now my stats are aimed at base

90 str
30 int
120 dex

I have a +20 or +25 stat scroll so I can rummage those stats by 5 if needs be :)

120 Archery,
110 Tac
110 Bushy
100 necro
100 Spirit speak
100 Anat
60 chiv

I have 20 skill points to spend, from those listed above as I have 720 available.

What would be the best suggestion for the 20 points also Should I change any of my skill’s?

Thankyou for your time,

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
WEll I will start by saying I have no necro characters but I do run abc archer so I will just talk about that part!
a lot depends on how you are going to do your equipment especially jewels
you can always jewel example ring
+ dex (8)
+ tac 10
+ bushido 10
+ 10 bushido

then you could bump the rest on the bracelet
anat
necro spirit

anyway you get the idea
if you have no room then I would bump
10 to tactics for more damage
10 to bushido for crits and gaining from honor faster
also chiv really needs to be 70-75 in my opinion for less fails

hope that helps maybe someone will help with the necro part
good luck

A

Angel121

WEll I will start by saying I have no necro characters but I do run abc archer so I will just talk about that part!
a lot depends on how you are going to do your equipment especially jewels
you can always jewel example ring
+ dex (8)
+ tac 10
+ bushido 10
+ 10 bushido

then you could bump the rest on the bracelet
anat
necro spirit

anyway you get the idea
if you have no room then I would bump
10 to tactics for more damage
10 to bushido for crits and gaining from honor faster
also chiv really needs to be 70-75 in my opinion for less fails

hope that helps maybe someone will help with the necro part
good luck
Ahh so this would be better?

120 Archery,
120 Tac
110 Bushy
100 necro
100 Spirit speak
100 Anat
70 chiv

Maybe ring\bracelet up Anatomy to 120 and Bushido to 120?

The Necro part is for the AoE Wither, Vamp Form the SS was for the pet and also DPS increase on Wither.

S

Stupid Miner

You'll benefit from 2/6 casting for both chiv and necro. (and if you really like chiv heals, go 4/6)

... and remember to Corpse Skin bosses when needed. (but not on Rikktor)

A

Angel121

cool, thank you!

I'll take note of that :)

I've now got the job of training from 50 archery/50 tictacs >.<

A

Angel121

It's been a few days and I have all my template done with the exception of Archery and Tictacs. They are both in the 70's and rising,

I'm doing Ettin's and Earth Ele's at the moment. Then I was going to hit troll's (80's) and then Ogre's (90's) and eventually Ogre Lords (100-120). This is what I remembered doing all those years ago. Are they the best for the skill ranges these day's?

Is there a better way or better target's in that range?

C

Connor_Graham

When I hit in the 90's I went to the Titan/Cyclops cave in Ilsh near the Honesty moongate. Once I got up around 105 I moved into the room off the main cave, cleared out all but the 2 Titans, then walked around in circles with the Titans. This took me all the way to 120, but you have to be prepared for para Titans when they spawn.

A

Angel121

Ahh, that may be a better dividend money wise. I could also get my better half to tank them for me on her sampire!

Although saying that she's likely to kill them in 4 seconds :p

I'll give it a try!

I hope the points come flying as I'm dying to see what the end result is like :p

At the moment I am never in trouble health wise, I sometimes just don't move and tank them and SS heal myself when needed.

C

Connor_Graham

When I say "cleared out", I meant that I drag all of the other spawn in the room except for the 2 Titans out. There's a hallway opposite the entrance to that room that you need to drag them all down, then around the corner. This leaves the other room free for you and you don't have to worry about any of the rest of the spawn.

A

Angel121

Well the worked out plan with my better half is that she'll clear the titans and paragons and any other annoying spawns while I work on my archery gains with one cyclops at a time.

Mind you she'll do anything to have a fun slaughterfest :-S Her excuse is to help me train :p

K

KoolAidAddict

Mind If I jump in here?

Archery 120
Tactics 120 (eat onions, heck with sweet smelling)
Bushy 120
Spellweave 110
Chiv 80
Anat 70
Heal 70
Focus 30 (jewel it up more if ya can)

Spellweave gives ya AoE, self res, hit point regen, WoD and pixies, to say the least.
Focus will help with stamina/mana regen.
Heal/Anat....bandys (cure poison) and damage boost.
Go human, for 20 JOAT (more mana ticks)

My two cents ona template I enjoy.

A

Angel121

Re: Mind If I jump in here?

Archery 120
Tactics 120 (eat onions, heck with sweet smelling)
Bushy 120
Spellweave 110
Chiv 80
Anat 70
Heal 70
Focus 30 (jewel it up more if ya can)

Spellweave gives ya AoE, self res, hit point regen, WoD and pixies, to say the least.
Focus will help with stamina/mana regen.
Heal/Anat....bandys (cure poison) and damage boost.
Go human, for 20 JOAT (more mana ticks)

My two cents ona template I enjoy.
you gad me on spellweave till you mentioned pixies.... Then I Killed my archer to teach her a lesson never to summon pixie's... ever

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Re: Mind If I jump in here?

you gad me on spellweave till you mentioned pixies.... Then I Killed my archer to teach her a lesson never to summon pixie's... ever
Rofl I needed that

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It's been a few days and I have all my template done with the exception of Archery and Tictacs. They are both in the 70's and rising,

I'm doing Ettin's and Earth Ele's at the moment. Then I was going to hit troll's (80's) and then Ogre's (90's) and eventually Ogre Lords (100-120). This is what I remembered doing all those years ago. Are they the best for the skill ranges these day's?

Just a thought. If your wife is busy or cant play you could always go despise it has everything you want to go to 120 plus you can handle it yourself(no paragon)

That is what I did!

A

Angel121

I was just poking through the hunters guide this morning and by some sheer dumb buggery of luck I noticed that my list was actually "Despise Level 1" then go to "Despise 2". I come on to this forum and read your post Storm..

>.<

Typical really I get it all written down and sum up the the net skill on
"wrestling to gains" and prior knowledge from up to AoS release on mob's I gained from and I get a little map together of spawn points for these creature's.... yet for some reason It only clicked when you posted it, that around all the mob spawn points was "Despise"..

I should get a darwin award for sheer blindness in the face of the obvious.

>.<

Cheers Storm you gave me a good giggle today

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There is a grassy knoll SE of the Ophidians in T2A. Get a few thousand arrows and a repeater like shamino's and drag the heavy ophidians like avenger. Run up the grassy knoll and shoot him from the hill. If you could have negative DI weapon that would be best and too bad there aren't any. You have to run up the grassy knoll without him following.

Log in another character on a second account and have them in the far north corner hidden for rez'es or find a friend to rez you. You'll 120 in no time...well it will take time, but its a fun time. It's good leading training so you can learn how to pick one creature from a pack and lead it where you want.

-Lorax

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heya,

I’ve been thinking of an archer build I wanted to be “potless” self healing with a touch of AoE. This is purely PvM as I'm not sure this build would hold anything in pvp :p

Now my stats are aimed at base

90 str
30 int
120 dex

I have a +20 or +25 stat scroll so I can rummage those stats by 5 if needs be :)

120 Archery,
110 Tac
110 Bushy
100 necro
100 Spirit speak
100 Anat
60 chiv

I have 20 skill points to spend, from those listed above as I have 720 available.

What would be the best suggestion for the 20 points also Should I change any of my skill’s?

Thankyou for your time,
I made a poison archer like that long ago and it worked well. It was fun, but he also had 100 poisoning. I had to drop him once they required tactics for the special serpent arrow. Couldn't fit the necro-poison archer template after the nerf. Boy was I pissed.

In general, if you want potless self healing then you want a pure defense suit. Craft the dark wood set with bloodwood and get a bracelet of health. I did a character for pvp and 2-3 ppl in some cases couldn't kill him until forever like ran outta mana forever. It is real good for pvm too for taking new groups out so you can be the one healing and rezing...backbone of the outing.

To overcome the mana loss I used lich form and mana leech. It was nice because I couldn't ever mount so the dismount was always an option.

Skills:

+10 on chiv and +5 tactics and +5 bush or +10 chiv and +10 bush.

-Lorax

A

Angel121

I hit 110 Archery and Tictac's on the friday late on. so spent the weekend playing about a bit against some real spawns. Unfortunatly lost my 120 scroll's :-/ I was promised them but the chap sold them :-/ so got 110's instead from him... yeah great..

*facepalms*

biiig difference in hit/miss stats being 110 when playing with the big spawns.

Anywho,

After a weekends testing I have found out the following.

Spirit Speak is useful, it can heal through poisons and effective if there are lot’s of corpses about. Less effective if running low on mana and no corpse’s.

Necromancy is fairly useless beyond swapping forms, investment in mana is needed to make use of the spell’s as casting 2 in a row wipe’s mana.

Chivalry has a wither effect based on Karma Level, it’s cheaper mana wise and spammable.

I like Archery.

There’s no “safe” res available for me to help other players.

I have come to an impasse, so I am looking at 2 things. First is my healing as a party member and as a solo player. Do I keep SS or go for bandies. I think that I need to look at maybe my equipment on this front.
1. Would the rune beetle carapace reduce my mana problems?
2. Should I imbue my Item’s with some mana regen and\or LMC?
3. Taking the question above; should I also invest in Mana Leech on my bow’s as standard?
4. Would 125+dex affect the time it takes for a bandage to heal myself since I can heal 30+damage every 3-4 seconds with SS if there are corpse’s or I have 10 mana?

Now onto stat queries.

5. I have 125 dex, I think 130 stamina or there about’s. I hear that people say go for 150+ stamina. I am a new returner so I wonder why is this and is it good for Archery?
6. Should I invest in getting +mana or +int?
7. How much does strength affect my damage with a bow?
8. Do I need to stack a lot of +hp?
9. Does the amount of stamina left (ie I’m 20/125 stamina) affect my speed when using a bow?

Okies. I think there are a few questions there.

Thanks for the lovely advice so far :)

Yoru of SAOR - Europa

C

Connor_Graham

1. Would the rune beetle carapace reduce my mana problems?
Yes. The RBC is perfect for an archer with all 3 of the "mana mods". Stormgrip is also a very good choice for your gloves with both 25 DI and +8 Int.

2. Should I imbue my Item’s with some mana regen and\or LMC?
Again, yes. Mana regen and LMC are pretty much must haves for an archer that uses both Chiv and Bushido.

3. Taking the question above; should I also invest in Mana Leech on my bow’s as standard?
Yet again, yes. Mana leech is a must have on any bow you'll want to use in PvM. I wouldn't even look twice at a bow without it.

4. Would 125+dex affect the time it takes for a bandage to heal myself since I can heal 30+damage every 3-4 seconds with SS if there are corpse’s or I have 10 mana?
At 140 Dex bandage time is 4 seconds, and you'll heal a lot more than 30ish damage with it. If you're relying on SS as your primary healing method you're going to find yourself in trouble both when you don't have any corpses to leech and when you're low or out of mana.

Now onto stat queries.

5. I have 125 dex, I think 130 stamina or there about’s. I hear that people say go for 150+ stamina. I am a new returner so I wonder why is this and is it good for Archery?
Stamina dictates your swing speed and works in increments of 30. 150 Dex is the cap, which is also one of those increments. You'll want a buffer of stamina to both maintain your swing speed when damaged and when hit with Curse or Clumsy. I run with 173 stam on my archer.

6. Should I invest in getting +mana or +int?
Yes to both. You'll want as large a mana pool as you can get.

7. How much does strength affect my damage with a bow?
Not so much that you can't afford to drop a few points to put more into Dex and Int.

8. Do I need to stack a lot of +hp?
Not really. You'd be much better off with +Stam and +Mana on your armor along with mana regen.

9. Does the amount of stamina left (ie I’m 20/125 stamina) affect my speed when using a bow?
Yes. The stamina you're currently at dictates swing speed, so if you drop below one of the increments of 30 (150, 120, 90, etc) you drop one tick (.25 secs) in swing speed. This is why you need a buffer of extra stamina to help maintain it. It's also very helpful to have stamina leech on your bows, and when you rework things to have a higher mana pool and can maintain and regenerate it, you can keep Divine Fury going at all times for the extra SSI, HCI, and damage (if needed).

A

Angel121

Thankyou for clearing those bit's up,

It's been a few years so Mana is a new concept for warrior types for me, I remember when all you needed was 11 for recalling :p

Well I'll have to get a good few items together and heavily imbued to get this to work properly. with an RBC it means you need real heavy stats on the other item's. I got lucky on a gorget where 3 are over 20 resist and the other 2 are over 10 unimbued so it's a start.

I had best get an imbuer on my account since it'll cost the earth to keep replacing the gear.