• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] HELP:Ninja Archer Still worth it?

M

Malonjao

Uo has me hooked... im coming back from a long break which i thought was me quiting. I'm sure alot of people can relate.. but i was trying to catch up on patch notes when i came across

o Death Strike will now cause 50% less damage when using a ranged weapon.
o Death Strike damage cap lowered from 70 to 60.
o Death Strike damage now scales based on the average of Hiding/Stealth from 30% to 100% of normal damage.

I'm curious, does anyone play a ninja archer? does it still work well? also if archery deathstrike does 50% less dmg... and DS is Hiding/Steath now.. does that mean, if i dont have hiding or steath it would be 30% dmg with an additional 50% reduction.. so 120 ninja would give an archer 15% di on death strike?

C

Connor_Graham

Depends if you're talking about PvM or PvP.

PvM, no. Everyone is a Bushido archer because of the huge amount of damage increase from Critical Strikes and the 50% HCI from LS, along with the healing from Confidence.

PvP, yes. There are plenty of stealth Ninja archers running around.

K

Kdog7777

Not trying to hijack this thread, but my question is almost identical so I'm putting it here. I just got back on game myself, & started a ninja/archer, however so far I'm unimpressed. I just don't see many devistating combos available for pvp, and im strongly considering switching.

I have two thoughts in mind, but seeing that I'm still learning all the new changes, hopefully someone here can advise which of these is better. My skills now are:
arch, tact, anat, heal, hide, stealth, ninjitsu.

Option 1: drop hide/stealth for Necro/SS.
If I do this, is there any point in keeping the ninja? seems like half the ninja abilities are for melee & im an archer.... please advise.

Option 2: drop hide/stealth and ninja for nec/SS & swords (or fence).
I like this idea best so far. Can lead off with heavy, use curse weap, strangle, a weapon with bleed attack, then back to the bow for the finish, or poison strike/pain spike. I see that being hard to live through, though I'll need good mana regen on my suit.

What do you all think? or can you convince me to stick with my current build? Do the temps I'm thinking of work? Thanks for any thoughts.

C

Connor_Graham

The thing with the Ninja Archer in PvP is to use a Heavy Crossbow to Dismout while Hidden, then switch bows to a high SSI Crossbow and spam Concussion & Mortal until dead. They also use Moving Shot spam with a Heavy or a Repeating Crossbow. Depends on which you like better I guess.

K

Kdog7777

thanks connor, that makes sense, at least i see some offensive ability for the ninja archer.

I still feel like the arch/swords/necro template idea is a little more potent, tho more mana intensive as well.

How would you weigh one against the other? I'm still seeing the ninja with very little defense/healing ability at all, whereas the necro char has 2 ways to heal plus again the combo of strangle/bleed/curse weap.

What are your thoughts on that temp?

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i love my ninja archer.. altho he is also a thief.
i was considering dropping snooping and stealing for anatmy and healing but i dunno.

C

Connor_Graham

thanks connor, that makes sense, at least i see some offensive ability for the ninja archer.

I still feel like the arch/swords/necro template idea is a little more potent, tho more mana intensive as well.

How would you weigh one against the other? I'm still seeing the ninja with very little defense/healing ability at all, whereas the necro char has 2 ways to heal plus again the combo of strangle/bleed/curse weap.

What are your thoughts on that temp?
I'm probably not the best person to say what the ins and outs of this template are other than what I've already told you. I don't PvP so I'm sure there are more knowledgeable players that could direct you from this point. One thing I do know of though is that smoke bombs get used frequently along with animal form for quick escapes in case you get in trouble. If you want advice on a PvM archer I've got tons of it for ya. PvP just isn't my cup of tea so to speak.

G

GFY

Add some tracking to your template. Stealth around and track your opponents for at least 5 steps before attacking. That will give you a damage bonus.

If your into PVM I would try Bushido. When my archer was a noob, he had a slayer Yumi and was doing 200 + damage per shot to anything bigger then an Ogre Lord.

P

pavel.vesely

If you are human you can use tracking without any real skill, 20 from jack of all trades is enough to track opponent on screen.