• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help needed with some questions.

• Thread starter Gideon Catskills
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

Gideon Catskills

Hello,
I'm somewhat new to UO (only been playing about 7 months) and I have worked my way up to the point where i feel comfortable to do some hunting, and had some questions. They are for the most part general I have no idea if this is the proper place to post and if it is'nt I shall happly post in a differnt area. But i figured who best to ask but my fellow Catskills citizens.

Firstly as i hunt i dont know what items are worth keeping for myself or to sell. So what would you guys/gals suggest on keepworthy stats for an item, ( i have a mage but i would like make a warrior at somepoint ) mind you im not hunting anything special but there is always an outside change that I might get something nice, and it would be nice to know it when i see it

Second is, once i know what makes a good item and i cant use or dont want, how will i know how much to sell it for or try to sell it for? Is there a rule of thumb to help me?

Third what are Virtue Armor sets? I was in Shame and got a msg about my virtue and an item was placed in my backpack something to the effect Helm of Spiritualy where might i find the rest of the set? and how hard would it been to finish off the set?

And lastly now that im hunting more im seeing items with fast cast and i was wondering if there was a Cap to how much fast cast you can have and, if it is possable to find a shield with Fast cast and spellchanneling?

Thank you for your time and again if this is the wrong place im sorry I will be happy to move it

-Gideon

M

Mystic_Of_Cats

1) That is a wide range there. For armor, I never keep anything under 52 resists or 17LRC. Weapons is a whole other monster due to the amount of mods it can have and the type of weapon.

2) For selling, there is a great guide posted in the smith area of the professions forum. It's stickied so not difficult to find. Again, weapons are a bit more difficult. Best bet is to look around and see what everyone else is pricing.

3) The virtue armor set is an 8 piece armor set you can get from fighting monsters in the anti-virtue dungeons as well as getting some other special artifacts. You can also get two pieces of the armor set from Heritage tokens (helm, gauntlet) and there was once another way to get the cape, but I'm unsure if it was fixed after the invasion of Magencia or not. You can still get it from wacking monsters in the anti-virtue dungeons though.

4) The cap for mages is 2fc/6fcr. It's more for Paladins I believe. There are spell channeling shields out there, but it's rare to find one without negative mage skill or negative fc (except for a few artifacts).

G

Deceit is, shame is ...and yes there is a list someplace.....

but you don't need it...think virtues...then think anti
Any dungeon with a name that is opposite a virtue is probably an anti virtue dungeon.

Deceit, despair, covetous, shame, despise...are

Wind, ice, fire, doom...Nothing to do with virtues

TW

G

Gideon Catskills

Thanks for the info! One last thing what does 2/6 mean?

S

slasherofveils

2/6 usually stands for +2 faster casting / +6 faster casting recovery, which is the caps for magery/necro. Chiv caps at 4/6 unless you have magery over 80, I believe.

G

The Cloak is the only piece of the Virtue Armor Set that has to be obtained through a quest. Cloak

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Despair? When did happiness become a virtue?

Compassion -&gt; Despise
Honesty -&gt; Deceit
Honor -&gt; Shame
Humility -&gt; Pride (no such dungeon in UO, but sometimes Hythloth has been referred to as an opposite to Humility in addition to Spirituality)
Justice -&gt; Wrong
Sacrifice -&gt; Covetous
Spirituality -&gt; Hythloth
Valor -&gt; Destard

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Despair? When did happiness become a virtue?

Compassion -&gt; Despise
Honesty -&gt; Deceit
Honor -&gt; Shame
Humility -&gt; Pride (no such dungeon in UO, but sometimes Hythloth has been referred to as an opposite to Humility in addition to Spirituality)
Justice -&gt; Wrong
Sacrifice -&gt; Covetous
Spirituality -&gt; Hythloth
Valor -&gt; Destard

[/ QUOTE ]

Opps.........doh!...ok ok scratch dispair!!
lol