• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

help me tweak my template

G

Pretty standard pally/sam but I just added bushido and need to trim something else:

<pre>
Archery 120.0
Tactics 120.0
Anatomy 110.0
Magic Resistance 110.0
Healing 100.0
Chivalry 83.0
Bushido 77.0

total 720.0
</pre>

I need to free up 23 points to GM Bushido. I figure they should come from anatomy or tactics. A more radical change would be to drop 20 from archery as I always wear Hunter's Headdress anyway.

You're the pros. What do you think?

Primarily PvM play.

I

imported_GFY

If your helm of choice is the hunters headress that would be where I would take the points from.

If you want to switch to a different head gear (Mace and Shield glasses?) I'd drop tactics to 100.

I actually pushed bushido to 120. I really got a boost in critial hits and perfection at 115+.

G

I'm dropping tactics in case I switch out the headdress for mace &amp; shield. I finally put together a nice suit with lots of mr, 178 stam and 45 hci. I'll need to juggle all those parts again for the m&amp;s glasses. half the fun of the game, right?

I guess with gm+ bushido and lighting strike I can drop hci a bit without worry.

thanks.

C

Connor_Graham

I'd have dropped points from Resist. I don't like depending on items for skill points, as they tend to change, and then you're left with a less developed character than you'd like to have.

V

vorius

Hey I'm thinking about a very similar template, could you guys tell if this makes any sense or not? keep in mind I havent played UO in about 4 years...

Archery 100
Anatomy 110
Tactics 100
Healing 100
Chivalry 85
Parrying 100
Bushido 120

Total 715

Does it make sense to use parrying instead of resist spells? When I read about resist spells and see how even if it does resist the few spells it works on, it does not negate it but only lessens the effect...

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Hey I'm thinking about a very similar template, could you guys tell if this makes any sense or not? keep in mind I havent played UO in about 4 years...

Archery 100
Anatomy 110
Tactics 100
Healing 100
Chivalry 85
Parrying 100
Bushido 120

Total 715

Does it make sense to use parrying instead of resist spells? When I read about resist spells and see how even if it does resist the few spells it works on, it does not negate it but only lessens the effect...

[/ QUOTE ]

Drop Parry and add Resist. Parry doesn't work for Archery. Put it on a Soulstone for another melee char.

I

imported_GFY

It doesn't negate the effect of a spell but it lessens the amount of time a spell lasts. If your blood oathed with no resist your dead because the effect will last forever (or it will seem to!
) If you have 120 resist the effect lasts for about 3 seconds.

I have a friend with max resist and stamina. His heals are so fast and his resist soo good that very few players can hurt him 1 vs 1. He's even been known to survive 1 vs 2 or worse!

With a balanced bow, chugging potions, fast bandaids, and 120 resist, you'll have a template that is VERY hard to kill!

Q

Qikdraw

What is max stamina?

And what is a good stat mix for an archer?

Currently I am at 91 Str, 88 Dex and 19 Int. Still have more room to grow yet too.

My template is:

archer
tactics
anat
healing
fishing
resist

I'm hoping to bring up all skills to 120, except fishing of course. Currently I have stuff that gets me Hit Point Regen 9 and Stamina Regen 8.

Qikdraw

I

imported_GFY

You need to push your dex to 120 naturally and add as much as you can with items. Any items that give stamina or stamina regen are a plus. A goal of 150 would make your template hum!