• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

HELP IVE FORMATED AND I CANT LOAD UO LOL

• Thread starter The Ice Phoenyx
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

The Ice Phoenyx

had comp reformated and new cpu and video card put in now after 4th time of reinstalling uo i cant get past the patch screen without it trying to load the version screen as normal then saying it encountered a error and needs to close called ea tech support and had no luck they have no clue what happened to it and said take back to the guy who upgraded computer to fix he has no clue either and i realy want to fix this issue as it makes it realy hard to loggin to uo if it wont load past the version screen (it doesent even show what version ie the 9th anniversery logo screen when you first load after patch before the loggin) any advise would be usefull i know someone has to have had this issue before and have no clue how to fix it (newtons law if it can go wrong it will) this all happend 72 hours after i payed for 6 months up front for two accounts and repurchased the 9th anniversery disks for the 3rd time (gota love it when the kids use em for frisbees lmao) please anyone who has had simalir issues post info here or send email to [email protected]

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry that I can't help (I'm not a techie by any stretch of the imagination). But, I do have Vista and had issues with that and still do with shutting down the UO client. Did you upgrade to Vista by chance? If no one has commented when I get home from work I'll run it past my husband. He's a software engineer and much more capable than I for this kinda stuff. Good luck!

D

Dr.Thompson

I am at work now so I can't go into too much detAil but
It should not be vista unless you can't install any patches

If so make sure you are running uo under admin. If you have a few patches installed. Go to your uo file and find the patch folder and delete just the patch you are having trouble with and try the download again

Sorry I'm on an iPod and can't really see what I'm typing hehe

M

Michael Wolf

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing UO? Something might have gone wrong with the intalation.

T

The Ice Phoenyx

is xp pro service pack 2 and tryed uninstall reinstal 4 times as well as repatch still same issue but kr works just laggy and im not comfortable enough with kr

M

Michael Wolf

Go get Service pack 3 and see if that helps. I'm running it on my work PC and both home pc's and they all have UO 2d running on them.

C

Crystal Canyon

My suggestion would to be to uninstall Vista and go buy the latest version of XP with service pack 3. Will save alot of headaches with other programs you will probably have to put back on your computer if you did a complete reformat.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
vista actual runs well if set up and patched and beyound minimum requirements. but that is on a dual core machine a year old, xp is preference on other two, and my netbook! which i can play uo very well on!

My suggestion would to be to uninstall Vista and go buy the latest version of XP with service pack 3. Will save alot of headaches with other programs you will probably have to put back on your computer if you did a complete reformat.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1 st questions running in admin?? 2nd is enough ram loose to run not locking up for cause mem issues?? 3rd are u opening with assist?? 4th did u scan hard drive for a bad node?? other option is fire wall not letting it comuincate to osi so crashing while firewall asks

She's running XP Pro Sp2.

T

The Ice Phoenyx

found out the issue i removed a dvd player program it took the sound driver with it lol