• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

HELP!!! I can't play the game!

• Thread starter onlinerpggamer
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
O

onlinerpggamer

Ok, here goes: I downloaded Star Wars Galaxies (which took 6 hours by the way,) and I went theough the whole installation process and everything. I start up SWG, and get all the way to the Station LaunchPad, and where it usually says "play," it says "updating." I know that's normal, but after it goes through the updating process (about a minute,) it starts over... Only this time, it says it will take about 8 hours to finish. And the "time remaining" counter is going up! I waited for over a day (it's been 2 days since I started my 14 day trial, and I haven't been able to play yet) and finally, it finished doing it's thing. But here's the catch: after it already says "download complete," still nothing. The button still says updating. Nothing is going on.

I've done everything I can to fix it: Restarting the LaunchPad (many times,) reinstalling the LaunchPad twice, Restarting the computer, trying it on a different computer, looking up solutions online, completely uninstalling ALL of my anti-virus software, re-downloading the whole game, and using the email support feature of SOE

I know that's a lot to read, but I really really really need someone's help! I just want to play the game!:grrr: