• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

HELP! How to refresh my condemned house?

G

Help needed.

I have a house that is now "Condemned" cuz that account went inactive a few months back. I re-activated my account today and read up on the refreshing rules.

This is what it said:

"If a house entered the condemned status because the house owner´s account became inactive, the house MAY be uncondemned by the house owner, by opening the front door."

I didn´t have a door so I costumized and put in a door. Then I saved it, logged out and in and opened the door. But it didn´t refresh. I figured that´s where the "MAY" part comes in to play.

So...
Is there any other way I can try to refresh it or do I have to empty it and re-build it? It´s improperly placed so not sure if I´d be able to place there again.

Hoping for some helpful answers.

TIA
Tjalle

G

<blockquote><hr>

Maybe when the shards go down and come back up it will refresh for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping for that too. I made my original post about an hour before my shard´s maintenance. But now after it´s up again I still have the same problem...

G

need to find a good friend that has a houseless account to hold it for you and then give it back...that'd be the easiest. 2 comps you could do a trial account and transfer it yourself (but I always forget which action sets off that damn timer, so check into that first)

Page a GM early on in the day

G

If you have Windows XP Home or Pro Edition as your OS, you can do the house trade between accounts via the Fast User Switching Option. This is a nice alternative if you don't have two computers.

G

I was wondering what would happen if you changed a house from Private to Public or vice versa?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
From what I've noticed, in reading and from experiance *Grins* is that it takes 24 hours for the housing server to realized that you've re-activated that account.

If you're house is anything BUT Greatly (Second day) or IDOC, it SHOULD auto-refresh 24 hours after you re-activated.

IF, on the other hand, it's greatly or IDOC, then it will not refresh and you must do as the above posters said.

G

Thanks everyone for your great replies!

I just logged in to check the status and now it said that it is "Automatically" refreshed. Pheeeew!

So it seems that Larisa was right with the 24h period. Not sure if it´s been 24 h since I re-activated but I know it´s around 20 at least.

Once again, thanks everyone.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*smiles* Good, glad to hear you're house is safe!