• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

HELP:- Gaining Taming above 105.8

JediSith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Guys,

I am trying to get quick gains from above 105. I was interested if anyone has any tips or monster/locations advice for me.

Currently i am just geting one gain from taming ridgebacks... i was wondering if there a quicker to fast track taming to 120. At this rate it will take me 142 days to get to 120.

Thanks, Jedi

K

Kurgan

It took me abit. But I just kept doing Bulls.
Delucia, And other spots.
I know it is slow. But hey.
I hit 120 tame, lore this way.
I would mix it up sometimes and tame Bate's

O

Old Man of UO

Cu sidhe, Gamen, Bake, Ridgebacks and bulls least of all.

It helps to use skill jewelry that only adds enough skill until you hit the sweet spot were you succeed 40-60%. Sometimes those +1-5 taming bracelets and rings sure help while training.

C

Clair

From 100 to 120 I did one gammon a day for .1 skill every day till I got to 120.

O

Old Man of UO

From 100-115, I used jewelry to get enough skill to tame cu sidhe and started taming those. I gained about 1 point a day (1-3 hours taming) up through about 116, then gains dropped WAY down until it was GGS only after about 118 skill.

Best surprise: I had a friend who was also training taming at the same time. She said her skill was stuck at about 105 while taming ridgebacks, and asked me to see if there was anything I could do. I went to the cu sidhe with her character and some low skill jewelry and started taming. Got gains right away. After 15 minutes and a couple gains, I was walking away to log when a blaze cu sidhe spawned! Mine!

Z

Zodiac19

At that level I jeweled up to 120 and tamed Ki Rins for the zoo. It was still slow but not so bad as I was working on another goal at the same time.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, now I've passed GM with some of my nooblet tamers I tend to just work spawns of this or that rather than tame bulls and ridgebacks. Those are handy for a quick GGS and a short session while you have a cuppa, but I prefer to work my taming while doing something else if possible.

I've been working taming alongside disco and provo around the cu spawn which has done really nicely as all my skills are around the same level. It's not as fast as if I minimised my skill usage, but the account I'm training hasn't the room to soulstone skills. And sometimes it's just fun to use the skills normally, y'know? I think cu's and the zoo are a great thing, wish I'd had them when I was taking Ailsa to 120, I still get twitchy at the sight of a ridgeback :D

Wenchy

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly not, you need to either want a particular cu or be after a blaze to go cu taming. Though there is still a market for good pups albeit for less gold than before.

Wenchy