• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help from people who play support roles

P

Proteq

This is the first time i have took uo seriously and i have been having alot of fun. i play with 2 other friends one mainly plays a tamer and the other a samp. I usually take the support role in any video game i play. I try to find the best way to help the team.

Bards seem very interesting to me with there 3 skills. More so Provo and Disco then peace.

My question is this what is or what are some templates or builds that focus on helping your group weather it be healing, debuffing, buffing..what ever.Just really would like to see a nice list of builds that have been proven successful in a group as well as solo.

I've been fooling around with alot of different builds and really haven't found my niche yet but with my eyes finally being open to how vast and how different any character can be, I'm sure its out there some where.

thanks for your help

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
go back to the barding main page and look up at the top in the stickies, there is a whole section there on templates and play styles which is what you are looking for i think.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
have ya tried being a garg and being a mystic mage bard?

you could run some of the masteries, chuck out rising colossus's things and cleansing winds.

a fun support toon.
fun spells in the mysticism book.

P

Proteq

thank bro, im still playing around with the skills. might keep peace might not idk. now im focusing on a suit of like best in slot pieces for a bard. like i said i would like to be the support player so the mastery's are like key to me. any suggestions for like best in slot items?

P

Proteq

thanks so much for your help. i have figured out what i wanna do but i know ur the bard pro poo! so i want to work spellweaving into my template. the one i came up with was

120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Meditation
120 Spellweaving
120 Music
120 Provoke

i really like what spellweaving brings to the table. out of all the bard skills provo to me at least with the squad i play with is really the only bard spell i use. there really isn't time to disco. peace has been VERY useful but i think spellweaving might be a better fit for the group. could you tell me what you think of spellweaving? and maybe some suggestions? thank poo u da man!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i like spellweaving as well.
its a good group skill to have.
typically in the group setting you only really see SW come into play at or near the end when Word of Death can be dropped.

but its spectacular when it hits.

you can be doing a mel and you get down to like 1/8th life on her, then bang bang bang 3 or 4 WODs in a row and shes done!

while not in the template your using, SW also has some real nice spawning spells.
specially if your in wraith form to get the mana back.

couple things ya need to do with the old spellweaving.
the first of course is ya need to get a crystal before you get out.
and the higher the better.
so your gonna need to start spamming in general chat to get people to come to brit bank and do a circle with ya.
and of course they are gonna need to be SW and not a 0 circle, cause that wont help ya any.
but once ya get that level 6 jem, ohhhhhh baby, your spells are gonna have some zip!!!

drop a gift of life on yourself.
gift of renewal on a warrior in your team, or on a pet.
drop a couple natures fury's.
then WOD to finish.

your gonna need a 40 LMC suit with hella high MR too, eh.

but yes, its fun.
i run spellweaving on a couple of my tamers and of course on my champ spawners.

Z

Zero Day

If you are doing support bard role in a PvP environment (specifically champs spawns) I'd suggest going Provo/Disco or Peace/Disco.
I'd recommend peace or provo mastery but when I think about it Tribulation could really help your group eat through the camp.

I have run a mystic disco bard and it is quite the interesting template pvpwise. Dropping tribulation on a dexer really nukes their hit chance so if you get that off you can save yourself while you pump out some plagues. I haven't tried that in group play but I think having a bard on semi offense might be pretty sick.

As for more of the passive support role, the Provo Masteries you run could bump the damage and healing of your group just by you running around them. And you get to provo spawn onto targets as well to protect yourself.

As a peace mastery bard, let me just say you are the personal guardian angel of the group. If you have both your peace masteries running and nothing else, you have made your group rediculously stronger.

You can annoyingly peace dexers to protect your group mates as well funny as hell to see them having to re-attack all the time and throwing off their swings.

I really wish masteries had been around when factions were big, coulda made them alot more interesting.

P

Proteq

yea thanks for the info. this strictly a solo / support bard. ive been toying with alot of options poo. like maybe dropping peace and disc and just being a provo sw. again i run with 2 other people 1s a tamer 100% of the time, the other switches from a mage and samp (he hasn't found his main yet)

i will be making a pvp char for sure but im just returning to the game so i want to be able to really fuel future characters this one.

idk poo what do you think any suggestions? i forgot when i wrote that template that this account isn't a vet so i only got 700 points to play with. i kno the one i posted really was based around the heal and summons. but any suggestions? i love to theory craft :) and thanks again poo you have helped me alot bro ur the ****? lol

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Proteq... Do you have any Soul Stones?

:stir: