• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Help finish this idea ;)

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The valor gate in Ilsh and the passage to it is big spawn free area. Or the mushroom caves by spirit gate. First player to pull a paragon rare ore eli. The area by the serpentine dragon is another enclosed area but bad for neg Karma types. Simple, stone skill to nice guy.
Would take a few trusted watchers but a large turn out could mine many areas
The cave at Spirit with the entrance to the Weald is spawn free and enclosed, for a mining event. My guild used to have mining hunts there all the time (everyone brings garg picks on their miners, and prospector's tools, and elevates each spot dug twice. Then, it's every man for himself when elementals spawn, especially if a paragon pops). IT was really fun fighting a paragon valorite in there, and those poor tamers who were trying to get into the weald to farm swoops never knew what hit them...
Mentiras Best just go with a time limit and who summons the most. After timer runs out first one then wins. Depending on the turn out. You will need to make sure all the miners can be seen and not shoulder to shoulder mining. Don't want any false claims made by a miners working to close together. If you don't have enough trusted watchers. Then would have to run those that want to compete in small groups on a timer. Setting up sign up roster for time blocksa of mining. This will make it an all day event that covers times those not able to be on at prime time only.
This is the idea I want to go with, now just need to organize it and decide how to run it. How would you run this event?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmmm..... can't mark in Ilsh, which would make it soooo much easier, but:

I like that last little bit best, and since you are not available during the day perhaps run it over a couple of nights... limited number of miners, at assigned spots (with enough mining space to move around when vein runs out) with a specified time limit.... there are enough mining spots near moongates that you and Chesty could keep track of it all, I think, say three or four miners near each gate

I have never, in all my mining years, dug up an elemental, so if this part is wrong my apologies.... specify the type of paragon ie: miners must present verite elemental [paragon], not just any old para ore ellie

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Paragon Elemental Pull

Preparation: You may need any or all of the following
  • A Ton of Gargoyle's Pickaxes
  • A Ton of Glacial Staves
  • One or Two people to assist as Referees
  • One or Two people to rez (helpful if these people are also the Refs but not necessary)
  • A "cozy" area in which to mine (in Ilshenar)
Setup:

Start by finding a "cozy" area in which to mine, nothing so big that one or two referees cannot watch all the miners at once, but nothing so small that they are all mining on top of each other. After a spot has been selected, place two glacial staves marking a potential miner's spot (other miners should not occupy the same bracketed area). Collect at least double the amount of Gargoyle's Pickaxes as the number of people you are expecting. Contact any helpers you may have.

Rules:

1- Miners may NOT stand between the same glacial staff as any other miner.
2- No Hiding or Stealthing is allowed (while within agro range of other miners)
3- No mounts are allowed
4- Pets ARE allowed as long as they are controlled by the miner
5- ?
6- ?

Description:

A group of Five (5) miners at a time will be taken to a location in Ilshenar and when everyone is set between their own marker staves and equipped with a Gargoyle Pickaxe the Ref will yell go. At which time miners will have Thirty (30 (more, less?)) minutes to mine up as many elementals as they can. Miners will need to decide for themselves if it is worth their time to kill the elemental, or lure it away as they will not be given extra mining time for doing either activity. If there are more than five participants they will be taken to yet another location, until all participants have had their time. The winner of the event will be the miner who has earned the greatest total of "elemental points". Normal elementals will be worth 3 points each and paragon elementals will be worth 7 points each.

Last edited:

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pulling a paragon could take all night better bring a bedroll and maybe a cook, TV and something to drink. Sounds like an awesome way to spend a weekend. I'll be there to rezz If I am on! Good Luck to All !

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Updated idea, let me know what you all think please.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's the killin' part ... if Amroth runs into even an ettin he just finds another spot to mine :(

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Well if miners arent responsible for killing they would have to lure them away i guess, nothing is set in stone yet so no worries.