• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

HELP, can't tame nothing :(

A

AnthonyJin

I'm new to this game, and after checked some basic strategies relating to the game, I decide to pick tamer as my profession. I'm Elf, using UOKR client, currently have 30ish animal lore/animal taming/veterinary skills.
But, when I try to check or tame any animal (a cat or a dog or something else), it always says "that's not an animal" and "That creature can not be tamed". I've asked other people in game, they couldn't help.
So, anyone has any clue what's wrong with this? :wall:
Thanks.

Z

Zodiac19

Using KR if you have the skill on a hot bar, I believe the default setting is target self. You need to right click on the icon and set your target to cursor or current. Look at the KR forum for links to how to use KR. It is a bit different from 2D but well worth the effort once you get the hang of it.

G

gramarye

As you are new player I would guess you are playing in KR. In this case as zodiac says you are probably trying to tame yourself! You could try just clicking what you want to tame to make it the target for the skill then use the skill directly on that animal. I found KR full of this kind of thing which is one (of many) reasons I gave it up.