• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] HELP Blacksmith BODs

Jon

Adventurer
I finally have gotten into doing smith BODs, I have the majority of my chars with .1 smith to collect BODs for my crafter. my question is that with those chars that have .1 they seem to keep just getting shield and dagger bods am I supposed to just put those in book and fill as needed to get 3 every time with my crafter to get a chance at a better BOD or LBOD? (I tried to find other info on this but have not so sorry if it has already been answered) thank you in advance!

Jon

Adventurer
ok so the BODs I get off my guys with .1 smith are just for my main crafter to continue to turn in 3 at a time for the times I get say a LBOD I pull one of those lesser bods so I can turn in 3 again if that makes sence?

Merth

Journeyman
You take a filled one turn in and claim a new one, as many as you want, there is no limit. So if you have 5 alts go collect the 15 (3 each), then fill all 15. Take main crafter turn in all 15 (if they arent usable for larges) get 15 more. If any arent good for larges fill them and turn in and get another. Someone else may know a more effective way to get better and you can bribe up the ones needed to fill lbods.

Reactions: Jon

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
having 0.1 to get LBOD stuff doesn't really work, unless you're turning in the filled smalls to get new ones with a high-level blacksmith

BODs work like this (it's changed a little since I did the FAQ and real life keeps interfering each time I try to start an update) - based on real skill:
  • 0.1-69.9: (Normal Iron Small armor/weapon BOD only; at 0.1 or so, mostly very easy weapons and non-combinable shields)
  • 70.0-109.9: (Exceptional BODs, Colored BODs, and LBODs become possible from this point on). At this skill level, 50% will be Weapons, 25% will be Iron Armor, 25% will be Colored Armor. However, half of all "armor" BODs will be the "junk"/"Famer" smalls that don't have a large (shields, female plate, the 4 helmets that don't go with plate armor).
  • 110.0-119.9: At this skill level, 50% will be Weapons, 15% will be Iron Armor, 35% will be Colored Armor
  • 120.0: At this skill level, 50% will be Weapons, 5% will be Iron Armor, 45% will be Colored Armor

Jon

Adventurer
@Basara exactly what I was looking for!! thank you! a lot of your older stuff is what I have been reading up on. so for now it is good to keep that .1 on my other toons (its not hurting them) and ill keep putting those bods in books just so my main crafter has something to pull from if I need something to turn in to get my 3 fresh bods. again thank you sooo much im trying to understand this more and been mining like crazy to support this new habbit of mine lol

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jon, you can fill all those smalls, and do the following with them:

1. Fill the iron BODs by buying the items from the blacksmiths/armorers.
  2. Claim your 3 normal 3 BODs
  3. Turn each one in with your highest-skill smith (bank points, or claim smith or mining tools)
  4. Immediately claim a new BOD after turning in each one.
You can do this until you run out of filled BODs. And, 25% of the BODs will be armor BODs you can bribe up, with 50-90% of them being colored depending on if the high level smith is 70-109, 110 or 120. The other 75% will be about half things you would have to craft to fill, the other half you can fill by buying from NPCs.

You can take the rejects and repeat the process as needed until you run out (not likely if you have characters collecting the low end iron normals). Before the point banking system, I would go through 300+ cloth BODs that way with my tailor, then 150-200 more that resulted, then, 70-100 from that, then 30-50, then several more times more until all the smalls had become things that would require actual crafting to fill, or went to larges. So, about 300 bods worth nothing would become about 250-300 with value, and you'd get about 6000-7000 cloth for filling other BODs as rewards.

Reactions: Jon

Jon

Adventurer
Awesome great information! This puts me st ease a bit figured I would get my feet wet so to speak with Smith once I got a good hold of it I’ll do tailor bods next again thank you for the reply!

Jon

Adventurer
Ok so tink bods and tailor bods got it I’ll start collecting them as well and storing them thank you for the heads up! That should keep me busy for a bit haha

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All three of those bods can be done at Luna Bank
In fact, 6 of the 8 skills can be done in Luna - the exceptions are Cooking (requires a cook or baker - which there's one in Umbra, and many in the tram and fel cities' inns) and Inscription (Scribes, which are mostly in Moonglow and Britain)

Jon

Adventurer
Thank you, the skills my crafter has are: imbu, Smith, arms lore, tailor, tinker, mining (60mage) then I have carp on stone switch that out with mining when needed. Once I get more soulstones I will think about doing others but for now that is what I run

Merth

Journeyman
On your chars with .1 skill you could add .1 to each of the 5 (whatever)and sit at Luna bank and collect from each: bs, tailor,carp,tink,fletch and alchemy. Give each a bod book to make pickup easier. This is the reason alot of ej accounts were created i believe.

Jon

Adventurer
Thank you I’ll most likely end up doing that (not the ej part ha) I think just with the chars I have now I’ll be able to stay plenty busy