• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help and Service in UO

BlackXGlass

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I am writing this after putting in a help request reguarding the current problems I have been having with the in-game quests. See the crafting forum on this subject. So here is the Spiel & Rant-I put in a Help request and get told to check my journal every few minutes. Now my char is at the bank working fletching so you can imagine how fast my journal fills up but I diligently check it like I was asked (Even though this is an idiotic way to make contact with a player ) and of course nothing . Now in the old days a GM request would put you in a Q and you would at least know where you were in the lineup after which a GM would show up and you could put forth your problem . Today they say they will help and you receive nothing-No e-mail , no message , no explanation . As a result we never have any resolutions to any of the in game issues ( or out of game for that matter ) and they continue to go on and on (Much like this Rant).
We as individuals can usually do nothing on a matter like this (Unless we happen to be a lawyer ) . Usually in the real world (no joke intended )when you promise service but so blatantly not deliver of your promise you usually get your @#$ handed to you in a court of Law.....
Not trying to threaten anyone here but you have really dropped the service ball on this UO . And this is only one of how many requests I have heard about since coming back to the game 2 months ago.
UO you have an obligation to meet . The rest of us need to do a little thinking about what we as consumers of this product can do about it. Besides quitting the game as one GM told another player recently on Sonoma Shard ( Yes the GM really did tell a player they could always quit )
Anyway... That's my spiel for now.............

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Unfortunately, it has been like you described for quite a few years. The average GM wait time on Atlantic is 4 days, sometimes a week. On other shards it can be even longer, and if it's a shard that doesn't speak English as a native language the GM will respond asking you to re-submit your report in the shards native language. Clearly, not all of us speak Korean and Japanese so I have never understood why they make people do that.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I must have been very lucky then, since coming back to UO about 9 months ago I have made 4 requests, one about some glitched trash preventing placement in a house spot I wanted, one about not being able to get to my boat because the boat runes disappeared from backpack and my bank, another about a large stack of trans powder I had which had become impossible to pick up/divide, another where my char became unable to lock things down, all these requests were answered and dealt with within 2 hours, one of these requests was even made on Siege Perilous.

I was quite impressed as I had previously been playing WoW and the average response time there is sometimes 48-72 hours.

I agree completely on the "watch journal" thing, also it seems you have to keep that same char logged in or your request gets cancelled, I did notice in EC that a big message came up in the middle of my screen when the GM answered, might be that only happens in EC/EC with Pinco's UI though

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am writing this after putting in a help request reguarding the current problems I have been having with the in-game quests. See the crafting forum on this subject. So here is the Spiel & Rant-I put in a Help request and get told to check my journal every few minutes. Now my char is at the bank working fletching so you can imagine how fast my journal fills up but I diligently check it like I was asked (Even though this is an idiotic way to make contact with a player ) and of course nothing . Now in the old days a GM request would put you in a Q and you would at least know where you were in the lineup after which a GM would show up and you could put forth your problem . Today they say they will help and you receive nothing-No e-mail , no message , no explanation . As a result we never have any resolutions to any of the in game issues ( or out of game for that matter ) and they continue to go on and on (Much like this Rant).
We as individuals can usually do nothing on a matter like this (Unless we happen to be a lawyer ) . Usually in the real world (no joke intended )when you promise service but so blatantly not deliver of your promise you usually get your @#$ handed to you in a court of Law.....
Not trying to threaten anyone here but you have really dropped the service ball on this UO . And this is only one of how many requests I have heard about since coming back to the game 2 months ago.
UO you have an obligation to meet . The rest of us need to do a little thinking about what we as consumers of this product can do about it. Besides quitting the game as one GM told another player recently on Sonoma Shard ( Yes the GM really did tell a player they could always quit )
Anyway... That's my spiel for now.............
I agree, customer service has COMPLETELY disappeared from UO, and it is pitiful.

FYI, I believe it was an EM (event moderator) that told the player he could always quit, not a GM. ROFL At least that is what I saw, and commented on, to said EM. I don't even think GM's even exist any more. The last time I paged I waited over 3-4 hours and had finally log. NO RESPONSE!!