• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help add muting banlines option

F

Flippers

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-1349

You'd be doing a great service by voting in favor of this proposal to elevate its priority. The sooner we can get this added, the better things will look on your borders.

If you knew the hell I've gone through the past week while looking for more land... These are at least as bad as adfarm towers. at least those you can usually block their view. Banlines come into walls, trees, windows...

P

Polly

I'm lucky that I don't have a current problem with ban lines, but agree completely that they are an absolute eyesore. It would be wonderful to be able to toggle off their visibility so that you can't see them.

If I can figure out how to add to that thread I will.

Polly

K

Katheryne

The banlines are more than just an eyesore; they are a complete nuisance. I once drove a car at high speed into one by mistake, since I didn't see the banline in time. I stopped. My car didn't. I could not walk in to retrieve my car, obviously, because I wasn't allowed entry. To make matters worse, because the property I lost my car in was in a different region, I could not even retrieve it by right-clicking on it. I had to wait for the owner of this lot to return it to my Lost and Found folder.

Could you imagine if the car was "no-copy", and the owner either never logs on, or simply decides to "keep" it?

Not good.

F

Flippers

I'm lucky that I don't have a current problem with ban lines, but agree completely that they are an absolute eyesore. It would be wonderful to be able to toggle off their visibility so that you can't see them.

If I can figure out how to add to that thread I will.

Polly
ty - I had that problem too at first. Log into JIRA in upper right. once logged in, the left column of the case page will have a vote link to follow.

Katheryne, I wanted to pilot from point A to point B in an old region once. It was insane how many times my spacebug disintegrated. In one case someone owned two sides of a linden road, both with banlines - on a curve.

P

Polly

I wonder why people insist on using the banlines when there are so many security devices around to prevent uninvited guests entering their land? Money I guess ..... ?

Polly

F

Flippers

Cluelessness I figure.

If someone has a security orb it's so much better for everyone - except the nosey. And for most people flying overhead, they're usually past the property before the time lapses.

btw I finally got my new 2048. It's beach property! but it's also got three unsold sides. I still run the risk of having those banlines on two of them since the back I can have a wall if needed (It's another tiered layout with the west property positioned higher).

I already have a stargate on that property, so if you're near an Alteran Stargate, try /dial surfdoc to see it.

My other home is still /dial holodoc